British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Fantastic News,

This is just the shot in the arm the club needs.

I think that he will prove to be a quality signing for the club, and the one rider that most of the Sheffield fans were united on who we wanted to lead the club.

• Like 1

Wonder what average he comes in with?

Then we can play "fill the last 4 places" :wink: ......

I think it's 9.20, but don't quote me on it!

Fantastic he's signed for Kings Lynn too, means I get to see plenty of him next year.

• Like 2

Great news. Well done to Neil and David for making this happen. Last year was bloody awful on the track and like a morgue on the terraces but this signing has restored my faith and I'm sure the crowds will be up in March. This feels like it did when Sean Wilson signed and heralded a great era for the club. Good luck to Steady too for the season with the Tigers and the Stars.

Welcome home.

Can we have Stefan Nielsen next please?

• Like 1

Good signing by Sheff,so pleased they are looking good for 2013

Yes would agree with that Montie, great news for all Sheffield fans it will be good to see Simon back in the top league ( PL that is).

• Like 1

Great signing, welcome back Steady. If this dont pull the crowds back nothing will.

would love this team

1. Stead

2. Haines

3. Gathercole / Skidmore / Poole

4. Wells

5. Grajczonek

6. Koppe

7. Nielsen / Jacobs

Brilliant signing for Sheffield and the PL. will Sheffield once again be a team to be feared..... ???its certainly a good start for the Tigers. Look forward to watching him against Lawson and Bach at DP!!!

One man doesn't make a team!

We HAVE to sign Wells and another heat leader next!

Grajczonek

Masters

Karlsson

Lemon.....there's not many left!

Skiddy or Sanchez and a 3 pointer. Still like to see Sheffield lad Sarjeant given a go.

Welcome home Steady. Well done Mr Machin & Co. Great signing now for the rest of the team.

One man doesn't make a team!

We HAVE to sign Wells and another heat leader next!

Grajczonek

Masters

Karlsson

Lemon.....there's not many left!

Skiddy or Sanchez and a 3 pointer. Still like to see Sheffield lad Sarjeant given a go.

Whats wrong dont you like Steady.The managment can now build the rest of the team. They have a number 1 so they no what they have to play with now. Give them a chance.

I see Seb Alden not riding for Berwick. could he ride for us, or does he ride abroad on Thursday. If it's Thursday. I think he would be a great signing for us.

Everyone's allowed their own opinion. I'm happy we've signed a good rider and it's great he's a Sheffield lad. But it doesn't leave a lot to play with and there isn't many heat leaders left. I just hope this isn't the only big signing we make.

One rider can only score 15 points a meeting. It's the team total that wins meetings.

Absolutley over the moon that Steady is coming home. Cannot wait to see him back in a Sheffield race jacket. I think that the next signing will be Skidmore, Wells or even Hall. Agree with the above post that there arent many heat leaders left so i would like to see the complete jigsaw sooner rather than later.

With regards, to the bottom end, Nielsen or jacobs or maybe even Sarjeant couldt well be worth a shout.

great start.

Simon comes in on an average of 9.59, which quite a bit but if the promotion are clever we can get a team to take on all comers and put in title challenge.

I think what we have to do is either get a strong reserve that could take the pressure of Koppe by eventually take over the 2nd string position or get Koppe in at reserve.

There are still plenty of riders out there, I notice that Ipswich have released both Poole and North, they could be options to look at.

I stiil think that Grajczonek and Wells would be excellent as 2nd and 3rd heatleaders.

And I still cannot believe the guy who won the British Under 19 title at Sheffield last season is still available, would be a dream come true if we could get Stefan Nielsen in.

The main thing for me is that we get a build a young hungry team around Simon Stead.

• Like 3

Do you think Stead will hold his average Spinny?? be interesting to see what he can do in the PL

Do you think Stead will hold his average Spinny?? be interesting to see what he can do in the PL

I think that he could well be there or there abouts.

People will say he had a poor season last season, but I tend to look how riders finish, and he finished very well, beating Holder at Poole, and he was one of the main reasons why Swindon won the Play Off Final.