British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Agreed and god forbid if Steady gets injured at all then we will be in serious trouble.

We might be solid enough at home but we have thought that in previous years and we just keep getting turned over by much better sides overall.

We get to use a quality Guest Rider.

take steady out of team then this team is worst than last year and that is hard to do cant beleive how a massive team like us have come to this so feed up with the rubbish we are been told by our promotion

Well, this looks an horrendous side.

That's because it is Stead and Haines apart.

Cant really blame the 3 new lads on assesed averages its not their fault but how can you put all 3 into a team. 2 have never raced in the Premier League and 1 only as back up guest who in fairness was out of his depth at that time.

There is no chance with who is left even if it is North/Wells to be challenging anywhere near the top of this league. Too many teams have put together a strong 7 with little weakness. We will also still have around 1.5 points not used which with this team is crazy.

One thing i will predict, this team will NOT get the crowds flowing back into Owlerton.

• Like 4

The inevitable signing cant believe its been so drawn out.If its wells or north for the last spot i fear we will still struggle at home.Too much pressure on the new young lads.My main worry is are we going to make changes if we struggle or put up with it.Time will tell.

That's because it is Stead and Haines apart.

Cant really blame the 3 new lads on assesed averages its not their fault but how can you put all 3 into a team. 2 have never raced in the Premier League and 1 only as back up guest who in fairness was out of his depth at that time.

There is no chance with who is left even if it is North/Wells to be challenging anywhere near the top of this league. Too many teams have put together a strong 7 with little weakness. We will also still have around 1.5 points not used which with this team is crazy.

One thing i will predict, this team will NOT get the crowds flowing back into Owlerton.

Skidmore made his 'rookie' debut part way through the 2009 season and finished with 5.87 average. Nothing to suggest (yet) that the new 5 pointers cannot do the same......

• Like 3

Cannot believe so many people presume that Koppe and Albin will do so badly. Give the lads a chance. Judge them after a few meetings.

I for one am just glad we have a team to support.

• Like 9

FIrst thing promotion should have done is announce simon stead and joe haines with season ticket details and i am sure might have seen a rise in sales, now i dont think they will with rest of side but lets hope they all prove me and other doubters wrong but just cant see it happening even with Steady leading the team out.

Edited by AndyK

Skidmore made his 'rookie' debut part way through the 2009 season and finished with 5.87 average. Nothing to suggest (yet) that the new 5 pointers cannot do the same......

I understand that and i hope they do. All i'm saying is surely its too much of a risk putting 3 assesed riders in the same team with little or no experience of British tracks.

Especially now its make or break season for Sheffield.

Glasgow doing much the same...they need to be given time....would rather have a team to watch than no speeday at all.. ;)

• Like 4

Time to stop getting stressed about ' how poor OUR team is' ! For starters how do we really know how bad it going to be? Think of the positives. Stead back with us, how good will that be watching him rip up the opposition. The new lads, Koppe, Aldin.. These two might, just might be a couple of real gems! Joe Haines, he will up his average no doubt about it! And Richard Hall, why has everyone got a downer on him? Terrific racer round Owlerton! 110%er , Tiger through and through, lays it on the line!

Don't agree. If they'd announced season tickets at the same time as Joe and Steady and then signed the others, everyone on here would have gone on about them having mislead supporters into buying tickets. They're in a no win situation.

Edited by Sparky from Sheffield
  • Like 3

Either way we are not doing things very well this year, regardless of who we are signing the season ticket and admission prices should have been announced early December like every year before this year.