British Speedway Forum

Hopefully just the rumour mill Buzz, as he was a great captain in 2012.

it was reported in the peterborough e.t that andersen is likely to feature prominently in panthers plans for next year

Ah ok, no worries ER. Lets hope all your assumptions prove inaccurate then. :wink:

Lets face it, we can have this same conversation about any of the Team, couldn't we, its just that Hans as No1 and skipper has filled those roles so very well. Its hard indeed to contemplate him no longer being there.

• Like 2

it was reported in the peterborough e.t that andersen is likely to feature prominently in panthers plans for next year

What is peterborough e.t hans fan?

Peterbrough evening telegraphnewspaper

Edited by Steve0

I can only imagine that Swindon will not wait again to see what assetts are being left out by their parent club as we got very lucky this season with both Hans & troy being left out by Peterborough when it looked like we were going to be in big trouble.

Whilst the Miedzinski loan deal left a real sour taste as he was a Swindon assett are we really that certain & going to run the risk of riders saying they want to ride for Swindon rather than their parent club.

Rory is a Belle Vue assett & can't see him riding elsewhere if they run so surely a move for Troy or Hans will have to be looked at.

Nick needs to be an assett & then the team built around him & Peter.

Rumours are very strong that Chris Harris is Swindon bound though.

I have to say i love watching Bomber round Blunsdon. He is just about the only contemporary rider that can pass regularly both inside and outside.

He is absolutely thrilling to watch. He will always be hampered by his lack of gating ability though. If Swindon sign him however, he will never have a better chance of increasing his average racing every week at Swindon.

I know most Robins fans won't agree with me on this forum, but i'd have him in Robins colours any day.

I wouldn't mind Bomber as he is such a trier but he really needs to get out the gate on a par with everyone else because he leaves himself so much to do from the gate. If it was a choice of Bomber, Batch or Andersen then that would be a hard one and Bomber would probably be my third choice.

I wouldn't mind Bomber as he is such a trier but he really needs to get out the gate on a par with everyone else because he leaves himself so much to do from the gate. If it was a choice of Bomber, Batch or Andersen then that would be a hard one and Bomber would probably be my third choice.

Bomber & Troy are okay as the 2nd heat leader whilst Hans has more often than not rode at No 1 & done well so depends on what you're looking for & who they belong to but I'm sure I read an article some time ago where Bomber stated that he wanted to ride for the Robins before he retired & knowing how close him & Rosco are then I'm sure he is in the plans somewhere.

Have to agree Steve0. Sometimes Bomber is 3 bike lengths behind before he reaches the first bend. Mind you, i can remember him out gating the great Leigh Adams a few years back at Blunsdon and holding him off for all 4 laps.

I was lucky enough to be in the pits area that night and i asked Bomber what it was like to have Adams breathing down his neck for 4 laps. He replied in his broad Cornish accent, 'bloody knackering'.

Rory is a Belle Vue assett & can't see him riding elsewhere if they run so surely a move for Troy or Hans will have to be looked at.
Rory is a Coventry asset and I believe things have turned sour with him and the BV management. I doubt he'll be back at BV.

Have to agree Steve0. Sometimes Bomber is 3 bike lengths behind before he reaches the first bend. Mind you, i can remember him out gating the great Leigh Adams a few years back at Blunsdon and holding him off for all 4 laps.
He can gate, sadly it's only about 10% of the time. when he misses it though, boy does he miss the start.

I do have a horrible feeling that Harris is heading our way. I'd prefer not though.

Typical overrated Brit. Hyped up way beyond ability.

• Like 1

Get Bomber some Ashtec bikes, rather than the slugs he's got most of the time, and he'll be worth a try, certainly goes well at Blunsdon normally. :t:

Cant say it is a prospect I would be very happy about, he isnt number one material in my eyes (although if he does come it would be great if he proves me wrong). Any of those as a number two, brilliant, but for me I would pick Hans any day of the week, we waited so long for him to finally come to the Abbey (after all the rumours over the years), it would be such a shame if he was a one season wonder and went back to Panthers or elsewhere.

• Like 5

Strong rumours that harris & hans are swapping and yet most swindon fans want to keep hans & alot of cov fans want Harris

• Like 1

Strong rumours that harris & hans are swapping and yet most swindon fans want to keep hans & alot of cov fans want Harris

well i would be over the moon with that swap

• Like 1