British Speedway Forum

I would have thought that Peterborough's stance would be illegal under Restraint of Trade legislation.

They are effectively stopping Hans and Troy from earning a living (I know they have other teams on the continent but the principle still applies).

I would have thought that Peterborough's stance would be illegal under Restraint of Trade legislation.

They are effectively stopping Hans and Troy from earning a living (I know they have other teams on the continent but the principle still applies).

You would think right :approve:

So why don't Swindon just name them if it's so cut and dried? Doesn't seem to be much to stop them with the BSPA, the police and the riders' requirements all being on the side of Swindon apparently and that nasty Mr Frost hasn't got a leg to stand on. Could all be sorted next week if your lot got their finger out :)

Edited by Crump99

i really don't know why you have such a bee in your bonnet, if i was you i would put your concerns over to your promoters roscoe and patch , they should be able to tell you how the assets rules are applied and why

please don't forget that all members of the bspa vote for the rules on assets and loans of riders so all members are to blame, if frost is calling the shots when his riders can talk to other clubs and to whom blame the bspa more .they make the rules not mr frost

Edited by hans fan

I actually agree with the sentiments of this post Steve. My issue is, how Andersen and Batchelor are being treated by their parent club. Both, incidentally, are people....people need contact, reassurance and something to aim for. Some structure if you like. If i treated staff like the way Peterborugh have treated their assets, i would be vilified.

I don't buy the nonsense of them 'not being able to get hold of' Batch and Hans. Its 2012 for goodness sake!

Frost should at least organise with his assets monthly contact to keep them updated on the situation, especially that the majority of the assets live abroad and in Europe or Australia. To have no contact with them until it suits the management, surely creates impatience and frustration amomgst riders who just want their future sorted out.

Anyway, as Buzz states, seasons greetings to all fellow posters. I know it gets a bit terse on this forum from time to time, but it is a great way of catching up and talking about our sport. I for one enjoy the banter and the wind up attempts from Shov!

C'mon ER, slap yourself around the face a bit..

Steve's post would have been valid some 12 months+ ago, but his dodgy mob broke all those rules and binned them last year..

So please, sit down in a quiet corner and reflect...

And as for you Mr Shovlar, your comments make you a very poor Santa - despite your obvious credentials :t:

• Like 1

Untill the season starts that statement is incorrect .

i really don't know why you have such a bee in your bonnet, if i was you i would put your concerns over to your promoters roscoe and patch , they should be able to tell you how the assets rules are applied and why

please don't forget that all members of the bspa vote for the rules on assets and loans of riders so all members are to blame, if frost is calling the shots when his riders can talk to other clubs and to whom blame the bspa more .they make the rules not mr frost

I'll tell you why - it is illegal to stop someone earning a living no matter what rules are in the BSPA rule book. The law of the land takes precedent over whatever rules are in the BSPA rule book and EU law protects its citizens in this way. The only rider not fully protected in this situation would be Troy Batchelor as he is an Aussie citizen.

• Like 1

I'll tell you why - it is illegal to stop someone earning a living no matter what rules are in the BSPA rule book. The law of the land takes precedent over whatever rules are in the BSPA rule book and EU law protects its citizens in this way. The only rider not fully protected in this situation would be Troy Batchelor as he is an Aussie citizen.

like i say take your obsession up with your promo, they are a member of a organisation what make the rules, so the bspa will be the 1s who get there arse sued (if your are correct)

i thought exactly the same

Someone somewhere posted earlier some criteria about riders falling into the 'self-employed' category, apologies to them because after a cursory look, I couldn't find that post...

Anyway, to add to their comments - if you have more than one employer (eg Poland, Sweden etc), or somewhere else in England (a D/U) - just one will other employment will do, you will then bypass the Government's IR35 legislation in this country and be classed as self-employed - well that's the rule for most of us anyway...

Sorry, for a very boring post...

That's not our problem we're not a charity. Personally I'd imagine that everything is really pretty well sorted and everyone knows where that stand despite the press stories which at least keep speedway interesting during the dull phase!

I would like to think so too.

Tho why the riders continue to fan the flames indicate that that might not be the case.

C'mon ER, slap yourself around the face a bit..

Steve's post would have been valid some 12 months+ ago, but his dodgy mob broke all those rules and binned them last year..

So please, sit down in a quiet corner and reflect...

And as for you Mr Shovlar, your comments make you a very poor Santa - despite your obvious credentials :t:

ancing

Yerropes, i am sat down in a quiet corner, trying to avoid strictly come dancing...give me some credit!

Anyway, Shov's credentials....has he grown a grey beard now? Last time i saw him his ginger locks had thinned somewhat and he was clean shaven...he did however often wear a red and white coat...of course that was when he was a staunch Robins fan.....

• Like 1

Yerropes, i am sat down in a quiet corner, trying to avoid strictly come dancing...give me some credit!

Same here ER and it's been on for hours until 10.00 I'm told...

So have been ploughing through the old vinyl - have got Spirit's '12 Dreams' on - still sounds good today.

Would like to echo your other comments earlier and wish all on here a good Christmas and New Year (even those in Knobland) :D

Same here ER and it's been on for hours until 10.00 I'm told...

So have been ploughing through the old vinyl - have got Spirit's '12 Dreams' on - still sounds good today.

Would like to echo your other comments earlier and wish all on here a good Christmas and New Year (even those in Knobland) :D

I clambered into the loft today to 'get the rest of the Xmas decorations down'....an hour or so later Mrs Roundabout was wondering where i was....came across far more interesting stuff in the shape of some rather rocking tunes. Will PM you with the find!

I clambered into the loft today to 'get the rest of the Xmas decorations down'....an hour or so later Mrs Roundabout was wondering where i was....came across far more interesting stuff in the shape of some rather rocking tunes. Will PM you with the find!

I shall look forward to that ER.. :t:

When a rider "signs" for a club as an asset, what exactly are they signing? You say they are not tidied to am contract, but I'm not so sure.

If it did go to court I'm sure the taxman would also be interested in the self-employed status of riders, who are clearly not self-employed and of course should be employees of their respective clubs.

Are you suggesting that riders are not being honest in there tax declarations?? Surely most fulltime riders particularly the higher echelon have there own accountants so has to suggest they are not merely employed by any particular club?...when a promotor purchases a rider its not like in football where they become owned lock stock as the earnings arent obviously anywhere like as substantial..yes stating the bleeding obvious....thus giving them the opportunity to ride for other clubs.

Being part of an asset base is as good as it gets but being part of that AND self employed surely allows that proffessional access to negotiate with whoever wishes to speak to once that riders 'owner' declares there intention to go elsewhere in teambuilding....Andersen and Batchelor were rogered by Frost last year and clearly Frost and Mahoney have already given more than a hint as to whom they prefer to use especially as one is already declared in Linus...merely posteuring on there part especially obvious in view of there dislike of Swindon in past dealings..more twit for that and certain panthers fans have backed that up with there histrionics....to openly treat riders as plan b options is just highly insulting and quite childish...over to Crump99 to accuse me of being another kks!!

Btw Matt only the first part about ownership and self-employment was in response to you! ;)

I shall look forward to that ER.. :t:

Not Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep i hope......

will be correct if Swindon lose patience and sign Zagar and Holta......oops ;)

• Like 2