British Speedway Forum

Pawlicki for Kennett?

Rosco to put Birks in Ht 14 instead of Coooory or Gooomolski when he should!

Rosco

Time to give Birksy the easier number 7, the boy has something.

And carry a bit of paper saying should I make a reserve change in Heat 14, its a mistake you make too often and may well have cost Swindon a point at Brum.

With Birksy being a good starter he should be at no 7,he is capable of popping out.I said i believed he could average 4.50 still along way to go but he won't be far away how good is it to have 2 Brits at reserve!
  • Like 1

With Birksy being a good starter he should be at no 7,he is capable of popping out.I said i believed he could average 4.50 still along way to go but he won't be far away how good is it to have 2 Brits at reserve!

In answer to your question - it lacks ambition! We won't win the league with these two reserves! I like them both but it doesn't half give us a weak bottom end to the team - even with both being triers - you don't win races on desire alone!

Oh well - it's only speedway and summer has arrived - so plenty of sunshine to look forward to!

In answer to your question - it lacks ambition! We won't win the league with these two reserves! I like them both but it doesn't half give us a weak bottom end to the team - even with both being triers - you don't win races on desire alone!

Oh well - it's only speedway and summer has arrived - so plenty of sunshine to look forward to!

Birks is more than a trier he has something! for me there are more question marks about some of the top 5.No need to panic we have loads of home fixtures coming up which is where we have a chance to get on a roll.

I would say it weakens us slightly. Howarth will have good nights and bad, just like Gomolski - but the 'goods' ,may be less frequent.

No harm done though, this team is still plenty good enough to comfortably reach the play offs.

• Like 1

I think Kyle will give it his all.

I think Kennett & Morris and their lack of form is more of a concern

• Like 1

Welcome to Swindon Kyle...

Quite happy with two young Brits at reserve although this move doesn't strengthen the side.

Hopefully Ash will continue his rapid improvement, (agree with Sid), he's definitely got something and I hope the Robins sign him up permanently asap..

I'd like to see Kennett back at Poole

Maybe Coventry could make that happen lol, after all we dont want him back at Brandon

• Like 2

How many double up riders do Swindon think they can have and Kennett is riding tonight for Berwick and in the Premier 4's next weekend.

Thought you could only have 3 d/up riders?

• Like 1

Steve Macdonald is having a practice this week at Berwick, so Eddy Kennett wont be in the prem league anymore I'm guessing.

Steve Macdonald is having a practice this week at Berwick, so Eddy Kennett wont be in the prem league anymore I'm guessing.

But he is at the moment therefore Swindon can not re-declare.

Also it has been said that Ricky will not be ready to cme back for a couple of weeks.

Taken from Berwicks site

Edward Kennett’s future as a Bandit will also become clearer over the next few weeks.

“As is pretty well known, Edward agreed to race for our club as a direct replacement for Ricky Ashworth,” explained team manager Ian Rae.

“We agreed with Swindon, with whom he rides in the Elite League, that he would stay on as a Bandit until Ricky was cleared to ride and had got in some solid practice sessions to see how he feels, and could declare himself fully fit again.

“This situation has not changed, but in the interests of total clarity, I would confirm that Ricky was last week finally cleared by the neurological and medical authorities to resume riding a motor-bike.

“However, he is by his own admission a long, long way from being race-fit, and is intending to go to as many circuits he can over the next couple of weeks – he has ridden out at Stoke already -- to try himself out on track, to get totally fit again and to ensure he feels comfortable in himself about coming back.

“Then, and only then, will Ricky be able to feel confident enough to offer himself to Berwick again – and at that time we will let everyone know the situation. Not before!

“In the meantime, everyone here at Shielfield is just so proud to have Edward Kennett in our colours, and now named in Britain’s World Team Cup squad – which is yet another first for the club, as we’ve never previously had a British WTC rider in our team.”

So swapping 20 year old Gomolski who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 4.00 in 2013 for 19 year old Howarth who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 3.89 in 2013 leaves you without experience? You're kidding right? Gomolski and Howarth are of the same level in the UK.

So swapping 20 year old Gomolski who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 4.00 in 2013 for 19 year old Howarth who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 3.89 in 2013 leaves you without experience? You're kidding right? Gomolski and Howarth are of the same level in the UK.

Nonsense from SCB yet again!

http://www.poolepirates.co/statistics13 - Kyle Howarth 2013 AVERAGE including BP's = 4.43

http://www.swindonrobins.co/statistics13.php - Kacper Gomolski 2013 AVERAGE including BP's = 5.23

Gomolski also won Swindon meetings on the road with his performances at Birmingham and Peterborough.