British Speedway Forum

Totally agree (not forgetting the Miedzinski farce either)...

Hopefully Swindon and the dogmatic Panthers will come to a reasonable compromise that ensures the return to Blunsdon of Hans & Troy as neither want to ride for the Panthers..

If the demands of PBoro make this an impossibility then 'sod them' and I would go so far as to suggest an away boycott at the EOES as well...

im sure the 10 or so that normally attend will be sorely missed.

Totally agree (not forgetting the Miedzinski farce either)...

Hopefully Swindon and the dogmatic Panthers will come to a reasonable compromise that ensures the return to Blunsdon of Hans & Troy as neither want to ride for the Panthers..

If the demands of PBoro make this an impossibility then 'sod them' and I would go so far as to suggest an away boycott at the EOES as well...

Agreed. Fairness has to work all ways.

Why dont they just continue discussing terms (like a lot of promotions and riders do) and not air dirty linen in public? :neutral:

Whatever..

Although I'm sure many KL fans have had enough too.

Agreed. Fairness has to work all ways.

Why dont they just continue discussing terms (like a lot of promotions and riders do) and not air dirty linen in public? :neutral:

LOL, don't think they've said a word until way after others made it public!!

Thats 9 more than the amount of Panthers fans at Blunsdon last season...and that one fan was Tigertas....who is on loan to the Robins whilst Hans is riding for us!

• Like 5

Well they didn't try and end EL speedway 2 years ago - like certain promoters!! :rolleyes:

Just remind us of the facts again? I thought it was all hush hush?

If we want speedway to be taken seriously as a big sport in the same way football is then rules must be followed.

In football if you have a player and he no longer wants to play for you but wants to go elsewhere, then the other team has to buy him. Why are clubs trying to make it so complicated in speedway?

If we want speedway to be taken seriously as a big sport in the same way football is then rules must be followed.

In football if you have a player and he no longer wants to play for you but wants to go elsewhere, then the other team has to buy him. Why are clubs trying to make it so complicated in speedway?

But in football they have a set contract period and can leave for free when it expires. If a player doesn't want to play for a team and no one wants to purchase them then that player will often rot in the reserves.

Loans are also a common occurrence don't forget and if a team do not have the financial clout to purchase a player then a loan deal (used more so by lower league clubs) is preferred.

Many Championship teams have gained promotion through the use of the loan system.

Edited by Mini Jack
  • Like 1

Not true unless the player is under 25 or on a contract. Once the contract ends he is free to move wherever he wants on a free transfer. Very few speedway riders sign a contract for longer than a season, so if the same as football, they could move wherever they wanted to.

Not true unless the player is under 25 or on a contract. Once the contract ends he is free to move wherever he wants on a free transfer. Very few speedway riders sign a contract for longer than a season, so if the same as football, they could move wherever they wanted to.

But if they are an asset then they are so until they retire unless someone wants to BUY him.

• Like 1

Peterborough can only use one of Bjerre, NKI, Hans or Batch.

Once they make that decision, the others should be free to be loaned ( at a cost) to other clubs.

I can't see how Peterborough can honestly suggest they are offering all of these contracts/team places for next season.

• Like 1

Peterborough offered Hans a contract but he turned them down so now Swindon should have to buy him.

would be different if they hadnt wanted to use him

Peterborough offered Hans a contract but he turned them down so now Swindon should have to buy him.

would be different if they hadnt wanted to use him

So if Hans had said yes, the Panthers wouldn't want to use Bjerre (who has also been offered a contract & according to some agreed that contract).

If (and I am not suggesting this is the case) the contract offered to Hans was not at the level of a #1 and done in the knowledge that economically he couldn't accept would that mean that a club that did actually want him would have to buy him.

As it happens Swindon have made an offer to buy him, even though Peterborough don't really want him this season based on the fact they are happy to sell him (having accepted an offer from Coventry)

But if they are an asset then they are so until they retire unless someone wants to BUY him.

This is exactly the situation that caused the problem in football. Although the contract of the player had ended, he was not allowed to seek a place elsewhere due to the asset situation in football at the time. His lawyers pleaded that this was restraint of trade & the European court agreed & this is why the transfer market in European Football changed. I am sure in my mind that if the Speedway asset situation was similarly tested in court, that the asset system would cease. Sooner or later, if these problems continue to occur, someone will take it to court. Remember, Bosman was not a star player in a top European league!

Edited by DunRobin

This is exactly the situation that caused the problem in football. Although the contract of the player had ended, he was not allowed to seek a place elsewhere due to the asset situation in football at the time. His lawyers pleaded that this was restraint of trade & the European court agreed & this is why the transfer market in European Football changed. I am sure in my mind that if the Speedway asset situation was similarly tested in court, that the asset system would cease. Sooner or later, if these problems continue to occur, someone will take it to court. Remember, Bosman was not a star player in a top European league!

Has any rider ever been prevented from riding by their parent club?