British Speedway Forum

Batch has been well screwed over with this one & none of his own fault. Really do feel for the lad.

• Like 1

What a total bollox this situation has become...

Congratulations must go to the BSPA for their continued total uselessness...

I suggest that Swindon recall Mads, Simon, Jason, Zengi etc and redeclare their team - obviously this will take much longer that PBoro have so far had to determine their No 1 rider for 2013 - how inept are they ! Perhaps then we can have an American style 'lock-out' and kill what's left of the EL stone dead.

Complete amateurism...and oh for an independent body (ha bloody ha) :mad:

• Like 1

who's fault is it then

Who do you think? Frosty the frickin' Snowman?! :rolleyes: Never thought i'd say this as i've never been a great fan of his really,but i feel so sorry for Troy Batchelor in all of this..

Edited by Young51

who's fault is it then

The information is that Batchelors status (must be sold) is a result of his conduct. If he has been neither charged nor given the right of appeal then the BSPA's legal department has failed again. It is having a direct impact on his employment prospects.

People here keep saying Troy tweeted he was signing for Swindon then deleted the tweet.

How many actually saw this tweet?

I did, and it never mentioned Swindon nor that he had agreed anything I think it mentioned hope about sorting UK deal in next few days, I can't be 100% sure, but at least I am sure he never said he had agreed a deal with Swindon!

I wasn't a big fan of Troy, but think he seems to have matured and has got the raw end of the deal this time!

• Like 1

who's fault is it then

Peterborough Speedway - who are supposed to look after their "assets" and not leave them hung out to dry! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

The best way to move to Oz is to have employment there, I assume this situation is reciprocated..

Hence, Troy will either get an offer of employment from PBoro or possibly some other team

Problem solved...end of...

I suggest that Swindon recall Mads, Simon, Jason, Zengi etc and redeclare their team - obviously this will take much longer that PBoro have so far had to determine their No 1 rider for 2013 - how inept are they ! Perhaps then we can have an American style 'lock-out' and kill what's left of the EL stone dead.

It's not really the same though, is it?

It's not really the same though, is it?

You're quite correct there and it would achieve little, but only one team is playing 'silly buggers' at the moment..

• Like 1

It's not even April 1st and BSPA come out with another Joke of a Decision, no wonder supporters are leaving in their droves. :mad:

Peterborough Speedway - who are supposed to look after their "assets" and not leave them hung out to dry! :rolleyes:

I recall a few years ago Batch 'signing' for Peterborough after, shall we say, not exactly agreeable circumstances with his (then) parent club (who'd circulated his name as available to other clubs). Peterborough could use him but they had to stump up a full transfer fee. Peterborough paid up.

Fast forward a couple of years. Batch was wanted by his (new) parent club but couldn't be contacted by them. He rode the season for Swindon who had no apparent problem contacting him but on loan.

Now this year he's wanted by Swindon and, if certain things are to be believed, has had some sort of 'agreement' to ride for them sorted for some time. The MC have ruled this can only be after a full transfer.

'What goes around' maybe?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

I am fast losing the will to live with the P.borough promotion, Hans and Batch are without doubt being denied a chance to ride where they want this year. As I said before it is nothing but SPITE, Julie Maloney wants all her own way. How can she expect Hans to agree a deal on less money than he was getting in 2003, they have no intention of using either in the team but don,t want any other team to be allowed to sign them. Their treatment is disgusting!!!As for the BSPA, they could sort it overnight!!!!

You're quite correct there and it would achieve little, but only one team is playing 'silly buggers' at the moment..

I do have some sympathy for Peterborough though. They have six of the top 20 riders in British speedway, but can only use two of them due to an arbitary rule introduced this year.

On the other hand, Swindon and Kings Lynn have no heatleader assets and therefore have to go cap-in-hand to the likes of Peterborough for riders. It's not unreasonable that Peterborough expect clubs to buy the riders they want to use, rather than loan them season after season.

• Like 5

I am fast losing the will to live with the P.borough promotion, Hans and Batch are without doubt being denied a chance to ride where they want this year. As I said before it is nothing but SPITE, Julie Maloney wants all her own way. How can she expect Hans to agree a deal on less money than he was getting in 2003, they have no intention of using either in the team but don,t want any other team to be allowed to sign them. Their treatment is disgusting!!!As for the BSPA, they could sort it overnight!!!!

Agree with most of that RR apart from the last bit - the BSPA couldn't sort an overnight case..