British Speedway Forum

Looking to the future for the club, Swindon must look to buy Nick Morris before another club steps in. Cant see Glasgow letting another loan fee through with money being tight for them.

At the moment with the rules the way they are and the climate why would anyone pay a big fee.?
  • Like 1

Looking to the future for the club, Swindon must look to buy Nick Morris before another club steps in. Cant see Glasgow letting another loan fee through with money being tight for them.

Precedent has been set! Only need to pay a loan fee, even if club wants a transfer fee! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Like 2

At the moment with the rules the way they are and the climate why would anyone pay a big fee.?

Exactly riders will go where they feel, ala Miedzinski, Nick has said he's likely to be a ROBIN next year, certainly has the midas touch for winning titles, 2 this season + the Pl last with glasgow & the Nl I believe.

It does seem that the days of buying up riders which become assets may be coming to an end. The riders ride where they are treated well, and some from Europe just ride in the uk for a couple of years then stay away from the uk.

If the wage payments in the rest of Europe do start dropping some may come back, but probably only if the uk races on one or two nights a week only, or as part of a squad type system.

There may be a reason that clubs purchase riders but I cannot see major benefits. Just imagine if a club who paid a lot of money for a young foreign rider, only for that rider to be injured and stay in his home country, or decide only to ride in Poland after riding in the uk for only one season.

Hopefully Nick will want to return to Swindon in 2013 along with others.

• Like 2

I think you are right it is coming to an end to some degree with big transfer. But there are certain riders that still attract a big money move.

Glasgow will need cash to help them, no doubt, so if Swindon dont buy him im sure another club would be interested.

I think you are right it is coming to an end to some degree with big transfer. But there are certain riders that still attract a big money move.

Glasgow will need cash to help them, no doubt, so if Swindon dont buy him im sure another club would be interested.

And what exactly did Glasgow do to command a big fee? That's why the asset system is wrong, wrong, wrong! Glasgow has been sold so why do you say that Glasgow will need the cash to help them? We could all do with money to help us but we usually have to earn it!

BTW - being from Glasgow, I have a soft spot for my home town club so my comments are general comments not just specific to them

They payed for him to come over at the start and gave him the experience that has made him a talent now.

Should get some sort of payout from it. Same could be said for Darcy - 1 year at KL and sold for

£38,000.

If you want to attract new sponsors, and show commitment to fans sometimes pulling a big name out the hat works well. Just my opinion.

They payed for him to come over at the start and gave him the experience that has made him a talent now.

Should get some sort of payout from it. Same could be said for Darcy - 1 year at KL and sold for

£38,000.

If you want to attract new sponsors, and show commitment to fans sometimes pulling a big name out the hat works well. Just my opinion.

And I see where you are coming from. How about Patch gives Glasgow £2K to cover his airfares? As you can guess, I am not a fan if the asset system since, as we learned this year in particular, a rider will ride wherever they want

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Nick wants back. And Glasgow will just have to go along with it, just as Swindon did with AM going to Poole.

• Like 2

If Nick decides he wants to stay at Swindon we just do what Poole did and only offer a loan fee....hes likely to be around in the EL for years unlike your Miedzinski's and Janowski's and thats a hell of a lot of loan fees potentially?!

Dont want loads of changes,but i would love us to sign Schlein he could put at least a point on his average if not more.Could average 9.5 at home at his best.Rory Batch, and PK as heat leaders? improvement in all of them.

Schlein will be much sought after Sidney. He has pretty much got everything going for him in my opinion. Plenty of scope to improve, a real racer, totally committed to British Speedway, as brave as they come, and as tough as teak.

:t: If you read this forum, especially the proposed teams for 2013, most posters are including Schlein in their side!

Have to agree though, he would be a decent number one and possibly the skipper. I am sure he would accept an offer to lead the 2012 reigning Elite League Champions! :t:

Schlein has shown himself to be a more than competent rider, especially at The Abbey.

His ELRC performances indicate a liking for the track and on his current average is most certainly a rider to be considered, however, he is definitely not a number 1 yet and I wouldn't want him to lead the 2012 Elite League Champions.

I think he would be a very decent 2nd heatleader and with the riders from this year I think we could have a very competitive side but I also think he will be a man very much in demand over the winter.

If Nick decides he wants to stay at Swindon we just do what Poole did and only offer a loan fee....hes likely to be around in the EL for years unlike your Miedzinski's and Janowski's and thats a hell of a lot of loan fees potentially?!

Did Poole even pay a loan fee? Edited by BuzzCagney

Did Poole even pay a loan fee?

A loan fee and a fine - the same as Swindon for Andersen, or was it Batchelor, or both? I can't recall!! :wink::shock:

• Like 1