British Speedway Forum

What's the definition of "missing" though?

I appreciate you are allowed a guest if the rider has a clash with their PL club, but what if they are injured, otherwise unavailable or are riding overseas - do you get a guest or do you have to use your #8 or a 6pt PL rider?

Kennett's Final Averages

2007: 7.11

2008: 7.29

2009: 7.72

2010: 6.63

2011: 7.84

2012: 6.25

I think it's fair to say he the potential to be a point better than is average at the end of last season, even if you ignore 2011.

Well going on those stats he was gash in 2010, cheated in 2011 and got the average up and then gash again in 2012.

Well going on those stats he was gash in 2010, cheated in 2011 and got the average up and then gash again in 2012.

He wouldn't have been my choice but you have to say the average is unlikely to go down and he will be a 2nd string so I can see the logic behind his possible inclusion.

• Like 1

Lets hope he uses his 2010 bikes then :P

He wouldn't have been my choice but you have to say the average is unlikely to go down and he will be a 2nd string so I can see the logic behind his possible inclusion.

I actually think its not a bad signing esp the way he goes round our place. Just makes me laugh when a rider signs after a couple of bad years and everyone says straight away hes on a bargain average and will add a point to it!!

Point and half in my opinion...but like others just an OPINION.....Coomdog just relax and keep the faith....mulled wine anyone?...

What have I missed here? People are talking as if Kennett is a done deal and public knowledge?? I've missed that piece of news somehow.....

• Like 2

What have I missed here? People are talking as if Kennett is a done deal and public knowledge?? I've missed that piece of news somehow.....

It was on the back of the adver yesterday BuzzCagney. Said that the deal is all but done.

Subtle tasteful and speedway dont go together!! Would you walk around Aldi/Lidl/Tesco/Asda in a Swindon Wulfsports jacket? sadly some do!! That Robin is bloody big and scary though. Hopefully some purple stuff will be available..original colour, like the French rugby team that play in pink.

I like the new gear meself. Hopefully wont keep changing design like these money-grabbing football clubs. Will be purchasing before Xmas at club-shop at The Abbey...good idea.

I've never, ever worn a replica football shirt either! Maybe its just me but I would like a choice of how to show my support and a nice subtle logo would be my preference. That being said I still really, really dislike that god awful 'Robin' logo. I even preferred Wally Mawdsleys Flying R Logo! :blink:

It was on the back of the adver yesterday BuzzCagney. Said that the deal is all but done.

ah thanks hyabb17. It was in the Adver- that would explain how I missed it. :wink:

Subtle tasteful and speedway dont go together!! Would you walk around Aldi/Lidl/Tesco/Asda in a Swindon Wulfsports jacket? sadly some do!! That Robin is bloody big and scary though. Hopefully some purple stuff will be available..original colour, like the French rugby team that play in pink.

I like the new gear meself. Hopefully wont keep changing design like these money-grabbing football clubs. Will be purchasing before Xmas at club-shop at The Abbey...good idea.

When I've been to Birmingham their supporters seem to have subtle and dare I even say classy merchandise.

When I've been to Birmingham their supporters seem to have subtle and dare I even say classy merchandise.

Don't let UK Martin hear you say that! :D

I can see you in pink Keef....very fetching.... :t:

bstraight away hes on a bargain average and will add a point to it!!

coombers...Kennett is always a middle order rider..six and a half to seven points per match. He's a good replacement for Steady. Firstly because he is younger, secondly because he rides Blunsdon well, thirdly because he is decent on away tracks, including the smaller bowls at Lakeside, Eastbourne, BelleVue and Wolverhampton and finally because he had a poor season last year and needs an arm 'around his shoulder'....Rosco has the proven ability to get the best out of most riders....Eddie will do the business next season if he signs for us.

• Like 1

I attended a job interview in my Brummies race shirt

Next Robins 'announcement' due on Tuesday.

I'm assuming it'll be confirmation of Kennett signing but we'll have to see in the morning....