British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heathhen1

Win At All Costs Dudley ?

The rules on dates from what I understand are really quite clear and I cannot see what rules you think are being trangressed, if none then why such a pointless thread?

Kev

Really? And what would the rules say exactly?

Really? And what would the rules say exactly?

The home team has to offer the visitors a choice of three dates (words to that effect anyway).

• Like 1

Friday the 19th is the pencilled in date for the KO Cup Final NOT the Play-Off Final. The circuit is booked for a private stock car event on Sunday 21st and the 19th is the date offered to the club by the stadium owners. Nothing though has been finally confirmed. But the simple fact is there are not many available dates left at West Row between now and the end of October.

This Sunday's meeting has been a National Trophy meeting since the start of the season and bearing in mind we had no idea we would be facing the IoW in the play-offs until Wednesday there was never going to be enough time to change things.The respective club managements were still able to quickly agree on the 30th and 2nd as POSF dates.

Hope that clarifies things a bit!

David (Mildenhall Press Officer)

Thanks Jayne. That DOES clarify things.

Glad that you are now happy. The world does not exist solely to be unfair to Dudley, although after some of the shenanigans on here I am sure some may say regrettably :shock: but of course not I.

I trust you and Heathhen1 will also read the post immediately above yours and then have the good grace to apologise to all for wasting our time with 2 pages spawned by yet more inaccurate information and supposition.

Shan't imagine that many will sit here waiting though.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

I trust you and Heathhen1 will also read the post immediately above yours and then have the good grace to apologise to all for wasting our time with 2 pages spawned by yet more inaccurate information and supposition.

Kev

well we agree on something - don't hold your breath. Asphyxiation isn't pretty. And please, as far as the other team here is concerned, don't preach to me about inaccuracies.
  • Like 1

I really don't think that Dudley are any more 'win at all costs' than Mildenhall are or, for that matter, pretty much any club in the country that have a chance of success.

I agree with Kev about getting the BSPA involved; not so much because Dudley have influence there but because Mildenhall will probably ignore them like they did last time. It was only down to the Dudley promotion behaving with a sense of realism and compromise (something their fans could learn from) that the match went ahead at the later time and certainly nothing to do with Mildenhall's ridiculous excuses about being unable to prepare a track in time and non existent training sessions. From a personal point of view, the Dudley promotion came out of that business way, way ahead of their Mildenhall counterparts.

Dudley & Stoke have agreed two Tuesday dates for their semi finals. No clashes with PL tracks, both teams at full strength, total co-operation betwen the two sides.

I have seen speedway at Mildenhall on Tuesday nights before and while I accept that that would be less than ideal in terms of attendances, why not ?

• Like 1

Glad that you are now happy. The world does not exist solely to be unfair to Dudley, although after some of the shenanigans on here I am sure some may say regrettably :shock: but of course not I.

Kev

first of all kev dont question my support for my club more my loathing of milden hall second i would take villiers advice as with such long winded posts it will be a very drawn out and not very pretty sight you holding your breath but i will apologise that i compelled you to spend two hrs to write said post

first of all kev dont question my support for my club more my loathing of milden hall second i would take villiers advice as with such long winded posts it will be a very drawn out and not very pretty sight you holding your breath but i will apologise that i compelled you to spend two hrs to write said post

Not questioning anything just replaying your own words in the post - you support your team by hoping they lose.

Sorry, just don't get it.

Kev

I doubt if Kev is going to lose much sleep over the quality of your posts. :blink:

• Like 2

All i can say on the matter is If Mildenhall management want to try and manipulate the fixtures in such a sly underhand way, (then stand back and say what we don't know what you mean our stadium has no available dates), Just goes to show what a lack of faith the Mildenhall promotion have of their team that they seem so petrified of facing a full strength Dudley. Our management backed down last time against our fans wishes. Mr Lee went on record last time saying " Mildenhall race on a Sunday at 4.30 and will do so". Why is it Sunday fixtures haven't been reserved for the playoffs, bad planning, uncooperative stadium owners or just a good excuse, to get a understrength team. I'm not fussed what day its raced on but i want to see my team at full strength against a full strength opposition. Whether they win or loose i will support my team knowing they gave it their all. I don't think that's too much to ask. Knock Dudley/Cradley all you want but we have a club rich in History, Honours as long as your arm, World champions, League Honours, Cup Honours, Well supported, Good Management, rarely to you see a rider who has rode in our colours have anything bad to say about us. Erik Gundersen summed it up last month, he said "i've come home", We love our club and were proud of it, we may not always go about it in the right way, but when the passion dies so will the club and its alive and kicking

• Like 2

Am confused... What Dudley riders is it won't be able to ride on a Friday (er, and people seem to be ignoring the point made clearly by the Mildenhall PRO that in fact 19/9 is the KOC Final leg at West Row NOT a potential leg of the P/O Final!) who would be able to ride on a Sunday..?! :unsure:

Its all presumptions at the moment but the 19th is reserved for Somerset play-off final, so wouldn't it just be done all all innocent lol, if the final was Somerset-Workington. Don't really matter what competition it is reserved for both teams should be at full strength. As they say you gota beat the best to be the best. Tom Perry Rides for Somerset a Friday track and Ashley Morris rides for Workington a Saturday track

It's clear Kev that Dudley fans love a mass debate :o

clearly fen fans do as they have made most comments on this page almost an intelligent play on words then :rofl: