British Speedway Forum

Lewis is one of our live guests along with Tai on this weeks Speedway Show on BIKERfm

When how where can we find this?

• Like 1

If they are both on at the same time it should be interesting.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

BIKERfm.co.uk it's an online station. Has 10k listenership every tues night 8-10pm UK time. There's an android app or ootunes on iPhone etc. hope that helps

Put aside the fact it's Lewis Bridger, instead look at it as 22 year old British 7 point EL rider. Really isn't good is it? Any Brit should be allowed to double up.

I agree, when oh when will British Speedway start helping British Riders. As you say forget its Bridger, he was a hell of a talent and British Speedway should have helped him to nurture that talent

Sadly we help overseas riders over here more than our own

• Like 2

The BSPA won't be happy until there are no British riders in the EL, to stop Bridger like him or not riding in the PL will in the end force him and riders like him to leave the sport, if there is anyone killing speedway in this country it is the BSPA, for such a simple sport they make running it look very hard, i think the BSPA need to get together engage there brains and sort the mess they call British speedway out, it's British speedway so lets help British speedway riders ride in it, something they seem to put way down there list when they have there meetings of meaningless rule changes that nobody understands, the first rule for me should be to encourage home riders like most Country's do to ride in there league, it can't be that hard, but then again the BSPA make everything look hard.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

I wasn't too keen on Lewis, that's until I stood and spoke to him at length, he is a nice guy and realises that he has made some bad choices. I'm afraid he will not be the only casualty to British Speedway. It's about time someone started to develop the youngsters before its too late. I wish I had the money to develop an academy for British Speedway.

Its the tip of a dangerous iceberg really, Bridger is not going to be the only rider to be losing sponsors in the present climate. If Doubling up/down helps then British riders should be able to. They are where the BSPA's focus should be, stuff any poxy EU rules, like they haven't got other things to worry about.

• Like 1

Seems utterly stupid that a foreign rider can double up and earn a living but one of our own riders is not allowed to double down and do the same.

Bridger is not the first Brit rider to quit because he cannot make the sport pay. and won't be the last if this stupidity continues.

Let our lads earn a living FFS.

Doubling up and down for Brit PL and EL riders only. Allow trebling up for Brit NL riders.

Make reserves Brit only in PL and EL.

Weigh team building in favour of Brit riders and have a minimum of one Brit in each main 5 man body of a team.

• Like 2

Put aside the fact it's Lewis Bridger, instead look at it as 22 year old British 7 point EL rider. Really isn't good is it? Any Brit should be allowed to double up.

I'm going to quote my own post because 17 people have liked it, so I can only assume they agree with the sentiment.

Members of the BSPA, listen to Lewis, read this and see the support it has of the fans, think about it for longer than 30 seconds. Now do the right thing, allow any Brit who wishes to double up to do so.

And please, don't give us the balls about EU law, the Swedes and Poles put the Swedes and Poles first, let us do the same for once!

I wasn't too keen on Lewis, that's until I stood and spoke to him at length, he is a nice guy and realises that he has made some bad choices. I'm afraid he will not be the only casualty to British Speedway. It's about time someone started to develop the youngsters before its too late. I wish I had the money to develop an academy for British Speedway.

It's not just the youngsters guys like Stead and Bridger finding it hard to make a living is a ridiculous situation.

In Sweden AJ rides in 2 leagues so why deny Stead and Bridger the same in their own league set up.

The BSPA are truly one of the most useless organisations on earth after the UN and Torchwood.

I was never a huge fan of Lewis, until he signed for Coventry in 2010, when he impressed me with his attitude, and despite the trouble that has followed him previously, he seems to have grown up a lot lately, and kept his nose clean.

Would be a shame to lose such a talent to the sport, but with a child on the way, i can understand why he would be considering it, if he isnt making any money out of it.

As someone said previously, it would be nice if Hagon Shocks picked him up again, we all know they've had their fallings out, but Hagon was a big sponsor of Rico, and Lewis seems to have learnt a hell of a lot from Rico, and is desperate to do well for him

• Like 6

My opinion and I'm entitled to it?

It's not an opinion though, it's just unintelligent abusive from someone behaving like a total prick!

• Like 1