British Speedway Forum

Time to start a topic on our side for next season. Looks like Watty and PK could be back. I would take a gamble on Bridger aswell hoping Cookie can get the career of Lewis kickstarted again. Throw in Rob Mear and Richie Worrall at reserve and it looks a good side.

What riders would other Hammers fans like at Purfleet for next season?

Looks like Watt has pulled out of getting into the Gps next season,and not going to the final race-off in Croatia.In a way its good for Lakeside as they race on a friday night,but he could also get a wild card into the Gps so its all a bit of a waiting game!!

well for me not Bridger, to much showboating and rubbish away from Eastbourne

Lets start with the known facts. We know PK, Davey and Justin have been offered contracts, although the chances are that others have also been offered jobs but its not yet been made public.

Unless the rules are changed in the winter I don't think Robbo will be able to d/u again so he will probably go full time with Newcastle, and that probably will mean that his d/u partner, Kauko will probably have to go as well, at least initially. So, of the present squad that only leaves Kim and Robert plus Ritchie Worrall, currently injured.

Kim has had an up and down sort of year but has shown flashes of real potential. He is a Lakeside asset and on about a 5.30 average they would be mad to let another club take advantage of the improvement we can expect from him next year.

Ritchie will be a steal on a 3 point average. On the first set of 2013 greensheets he will go up to around 6 so at that stage someone like Kauko or possbly even Ryan Fisher could be brought in to share a d/u position.However, with his talent there will no doubt be others waving there cheque books so we'll have to see what happens.

So that leaves Robert. Popular with the promotion and popular with the fans but on that difficult border line between reserve and second string and with a full time job outside of speedway he doesn't want to d/u with a PL club so it raises the question of whether he will get enough rides to improve much more.

Assuming the line up looks like Watt, PK, Kim, Justin, Ritchie and Robert it only leaves around 6-6.5 points (depending on the final greensheets) for a third heatleader, which probably is not enough. Peter Ljung would probably fit but that is about all. If they were to release Robert or Kim they would have a lot more to play with to bring in a third heatleader, but I can't see that happening. Kim has too much potential and Robert is the sort of rider that gets fans through the turnstiles, at least on his home track. So we'll have to wait and see. Reading between the lines of what has been said in recent programme notes I get the impression that Cookie has something pretty good lined up but thats just an impression and I could be wildly wrong.

Top of my wish list for riders I would like to see would be Bomber. He has learnt to ride to track pretty well in the last couple of years and a season there would be good for him and good for the club, but before I get the "hands off" from Cov fans, yes I know it would never happen.

Edited by Custer Mouse

It would seem that with the Lakeside Promotion already seemingly offering 2013 contracts to certain riders - not all their assets - that many of the decisions for next year have already been agreed at least in principle at BSPA level, certainly with Jon Cook being on the MC being 'in the know'!?

This would seem to indicate that there are NOT to be too many major changes, such as many of those being called for by supporters of several clubs. The offering of deals to PK and DW also indicate that their parent clubs have started to plan for next season and therefore presumably know what points limit everyone will be working to.

I recall last winter that there was a call for the BSPA to make decisions earlier rather than wait until the usual mid/late November AGM, but once again this has not happened. I hope the BSPA are not turning their usual blind eye to all the problems!!

Sorry to put this on the Lakeside thread in particular, but as they were the first to announce 2013 contracts..............!

• Like 1

Lets start with the known facts. We know PK, Davey and Justin have been offered contracts, although the chances are that others have also been offered jobs but its not yet been made public.

Unless the rules are changed in the winter I don't think Robbo will be able to d/u again so he will probably go full time with Newcastle, and that probably will mean that his d/u partner, Kauko will probably have to go as well, at least initially. So, of the present squad that only leaves Kim and Robert plus Ritchie Worrall, currently injured.

Kim has had an up and down sort of year but has shown flashes of real potential. He is a Lakeside asset and on about a 5.30 average they would be mad to let another club take advantage of the improvement we can expect from him next year.

Ritchie will be a steal on a 3 point average. On the first set of 2013 greensheets he will go up to around 6 so at that stage someone like Kauko or possbly even Ryan Fisher could be brought in to share a d/u position.However, with his talent there will no doubt be others waving there cheque books so we'll have to see what happens.

So that leaves Robert. Popular with the promotion and popular with the fans but on that difficult border line between reserve and second string and with a full time job outside of speedway he doesn't want to d/u with a PL club so it raises the question of whether he will get enough rides to improve much more.

Assuming the line up looks like Watt, PK, Kim, Justin, Ritchie and Robert it only leaves around 6-6.5 points (depending on the final greensheets) for a third heatleader, which probably is not enough. Peter Ljung would probably fit but that is about all. If they were to release Robert or Kim they would have a lot more to play with to bring in a third heatleader, but I can't see that happening. Kim has too much potential and Robert is the sort of rider that gets fans through the turnstiles, at least on his home track. So we'll have to wait and see. Reading between the lines of what has been said in recent programme notes I get the impression that Cookie has something pretty good lined up but thats just an impression and I could be wildly wrong.

Top of my wish list for riders I would like to see would be Bomber. He has learnt to ride to track pretty well in the last couple of years and a season there would be good for him and good for the club, but before I get the "hands off" from Cov fans, yes I know it would never happen.

But Richie will not be on a 3 point average - admittedly, still a steal on 3.47 (converted PL).

with some tracks survival in doubt, it's good to know that lakeside will be running in 2013! :approve:

Some tracks survival in doubt????????? whos in doubt then ???????

Elite League are looking to instate 12+ Teams :blink:

• Like 1

Some tracks survival in doubt????????? whos in doubt then ???????

Elite League are looking to instate 12+ Teams :blink:

the whole speedway world doesn't revolve around the elite league!. buxton, glasgow and workington are all fighting for survival. :sad:

I hope Ritchie stays faithful to the Hammers because he certainly made huge progress this season and it wouldnt at all surprise me if cheque books are being waved at him.

Of course its delightful to see a Brit making big strides and i seriously hope he can pick up where he left on next season.

• Like 1

Worral was excellent at the start of the year before his injury and if Lakeside get Worrall / Sedgeman at reserve for next year that will be a pretty decent pairing. Mear deserves another shot. He is a 100% rider and always been impressed when I've seen him at Arlington or on Sky TV coverage.

the whole speedway world doesn't revolve around the elite league!. buxton, glasgow and workington are all fighting for survival. :sad:

But this is in the 'Elite League' section!!!!

But this is in the 'Elite League' section!!!!

so what, i can post where i like. unless the mods decide to move it! :wink:
  • Like 1

so what, i can post where i like. unless the mods decide to move it! :wink:

Indeed.

The PL has more worries than the EL.

Richie Worrall annouced tonight at Newcastle that he has agreed terms to ride for Lakeside in 2013.

He's now just looking to secure a Premier League place.

Still seemed to be limping as his recovery hasn't gone to plan but he seemed confident he'd be ready for next March.

• Like 4