British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Nicki Or Chris?

IT rained for most of practice this evening but didn't affect the track. The roof works perfectly unless there is a high wind and the rain comes down horizontally. Forecast for tomorrow is more rain but the track should be okay. Lots of different lines today and very fast. Heat 13 ... will be unlucky for one but will it be crucial?

Nicki for me. I had £10 on him at 20/1 straight after his 15 point maximum riding for Ryan Sullivan Select at the Showground at the beginning of the season. Think Nicki has the experience and Holder will try too hard.

• Like 1

I would love Greg to win, but if not then Nicki

Although a Kings Lynn fan I would really like to see Chris Holder win the world title on Sat, He and Darcy get a lot of stick but I think they are all jealous, I would certainly like to see one or both at KL next year.

Would be good to see Darcy in the GPs. Anyway good luck Chris I just hope you can beat Pedersen ( try not to get between him and the fence)

Nicki for me, he's got the experience and has done it all before.

Chris hasn't been in this position before and nerves could get the better of him.

Got to be backing Chris Holder for the title as he has been the best rider this season and it's nice to see a rider that still rides in England lift the title after years of the title going to riders that have walked away.

Time for a changing of the guard now with Holder, Sayfutdinov, Ward, MJJ, Vaculik and Lindgren becoming the riders in the next few yars when Crump, Gollob, Hancock etc have bowed out gracefully.

Just a few hours to go to the crowning of Nicki "The Beast" Pedersen as 2012 World Champion :party:

• Like 1

Both riders deserve it this season and as both are very good gaters heat 13 will be crucial, but lets not forget that the other 14 riders are all spoilers and can take points of them but for me C Holder will just edge it.

ABP , ABP PLEASE ABP !!!

That's , Anyone but Pedersen !!!

His finger wagging when he is clearly at fault for a crash constantly winds everyone up and he doesn't like it when someone is hard on him !

COME ON CHRIS !!!

• Like 1

Be interesting but Chris Holder for me to be the champ and pedersen the chump 2 point lead is crucial especially if holder wins his 1st ride as nicki has a difficult 1st ride. Home track for holder and you never know how the other riders will think mentally about pedersen and holder can see some of them giving the extra 10% to beat nicki just so he can`t win the title imo though. Good luck guys and be safe !!

If there isn't an "incident" in Heat 13 I'll eat my hat.

If I was Bjarne Pedersen I'd make sure I didn't make a good start in that one, otherwise he's going to be meat in a very big sandwich ! Nikki off the inside gate is going to go straight on at the first bend and move them all out as wide as he can, its tailor made for him.

I hope Nikki wins it if only for the reason that, despite people's sometimes holier than thou attitude towards him, he is good for the sport. In fact, if speedway had more Nikki Pedersens it would get more attention - everyone loves a pantomime villain and Nikki is the ultimate one.

• Like 1

Don't like either,so hoping for a miracle and that Greg retains his title.Holder to me is the better rider than Nicki,however he will be forever tainted with the Poole connection,therefore I will hold my nose and hope dirty Nicki pulls it off. :cheers:

.Holder to me is the better rider than Nicki,however he will be forever tainted with the Poole connection,. :cheers:

Shallow or what!!