British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Rebels 2013

5 minutes? I think that is a slight exaggeration!

He's been around for a few years now (he's 23 now I think) and just has not made the sort of progress he looked capable of when he first transferred over to Speedway.

He's a guy who struggled with a lack of meetings. Riding in the NL alone is not enough for most guys, and the Young Stars had a ridiculous amount of meetings at the end of the season but very few during the spring and summer.

He's just one of a whole host of British riders who need to be riding PL regularly to progress to that next level.

Kerr got signed june 2010 and only had a hand full of meetings. the next season had a broken ankle and hand. this season lack of meetings but once he did get meetings under his belt he soon had points coming! kerr will be one to watch next season for sure.

Compared to most speedway riders he has been doing it 5 mins. Give these Brits a chance! I like I said he has had few meetings this year so with a PL slot with all those extra meetings I personally think he would do a great job.

Compared to most speedway riders he has been doing it 5 mins. Give these Brits a chance! I like I said he has had few meetings this year so with a PL slot with all those extra meetings I personally think he would do a great job.

Ellis is younger, as good if not better, British & has big sponsorship now.. Can't see how Lewis is meant to be a better choice!?

and that's why British speedway is going nowhere . did you see Sitera this season GIVE THE BRITISH YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE

I never said not to give him a chance just that its a gamble to have two youngsters at reserve as it could backfire. I would still be happy if it was ellis and tom but obviously you have to look at experience to go with youth

Well I think you will find that Ellis is signing for the witches for 2013 if my very good source is right. Like I said would love to see Tom and Lewis at reserve next year. To British lads making there way in the sport! Happy days!

If jason steps up full time next year(has anyone heared anything?) how about ryan fisher joining the rebels

No way do we want Fisher, a dirty rider.

I am afraid that we might end up seeing Holder back... Adam with the right equipment can easily be a heat leader in the PL an a No. 1 in the NL I've watched him ride a few times and he's a breath of fresh air for British speedway!

We don't want Holder back.

Well I think you will find that Ellis is signing for the witches for 2013 if my very good source is right. Like I said would love to see Tom and Lewis at reserve next year. To British lads making there way in the sport! Happy days!

do they not want stephan nielsen from mildenhall?

No way do we want Fisher, a dirty rider.

We don't want Holder back.

sorry but what percentage of somerset speedway do you own to be able to pick & choose riders

Ok CB, maybe the Simon Walker comparison was a little extreme, but my point remains the same. Alex has been "inconsistent" away from home IMO. 12 at Glasgow, 10 at Berwick, 9's at Leicester, Rye and Scunny, but 0's at Ipswich(x2), Newcastle and Leicester, 2 at Plymouth = inconsistency by my definition.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Alex - he's been a joy to watch at the OTA this year and I'd be more than happy to see him back - but if he could just be more consistent away from home . . . . . . he has the potential to be averaging 7.00 or more.

As for Simon . . . as I remember it, for those couple of years, he WAS an 'awesome' reserve/ no.2, regularly beating the opposition's heat-leaders at the OTA. . . . as I say, 'as I remember'. Unfortunately, I don't remember as much as I used to :cry:

That is the reason I would like him to stay as I believe he does have talent to become more consistent and up his average. Not sure if he will get up into the sevens but certainly six and halfish. What he and we don`t want is for him to stand still which is what happened to Cory, but as I said can`t see that.

I laughed at your "can`t remember" quip, join the club mate, on a lot of my posts I will say things like, " I think", "not sure if", "if memory serves me", finishing with hitting the spellcheck.............sometimes furget that though.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

sorry but what percentage of somerset speedway do you own to be able to pick & choose riders

Don't have to own any percentage of Somerset Speedway to express my opinion, I thought you would have known that?

Anyone know if there is a set date for any signings? If I remember rightly, last year they were announced at a SREF fundraiser. Is there going to be one this year or is it a case of just wait and watch?

well ellis isn't going to be at somerset next season hes at ipswich so need a rethink

Brady Kurtz may fit the bill. Looked more than impressive in the few meetings he had over here this year.