British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Confirmed 2013 Gp Riders!

MJJ must be spitting feather at this.

Wuffy is a good rider and I like him and will be supporting him in the SGP BUT he does not deserve to be there really.

MJJ is a more exciting prospect than Wuffy at present.

If as is being discussed SKY decide to dump SGP then having a Brit is a moot point.

If Wuffy finishes 15th and does badly then who are the Brits to put in for 2014?

Not ONE Brit rider is making any decent progress and the only candidates are the failed ones from previous years Scotty and Chris.

Poor choice for me although I hope to be proved wrong and Wuffy wins the damn thing :)

Most unpopular British representative?

That's a bit unfair. It's not his fault he was brought up in Australia and has more in common with them than us.

He has every right to be called British as last time I looked Scunthorpe was in Britain.

Yes he is not the brightest penny in the purse but he is the best we have at present and is not that bad a lad.

He just says things when he is angry that make him seem 'unpatriotic' whatever that is supposed to be.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

DO you think this forum is representative of the speedway population as a whole?

I don't know. Why don't you try a poll in the Speedwya Stars? "Do you agree with Tais inclusion in the GPs?" and "Will you support Tai in the GPs?" see what response you get.

PREFER to wait and see ... at the end of the 2013 SGP season you will have a definitive answer.

Personally, that's me, not speaking on behalf of SS, would much prefer to see him succeed than fail, as I would any rider, but many of here appear to want him to flounder. Don't see the sense in that but each to his own.

• Like 1

PREFER to wait and see ... at the end of the 2013 SGP season you will have a definitive answer.

Personally, that's me, not speaking on behalf of SS, would much prefer to see him succeed than fail, as I would any rider, but many of here appear to want him to flounder. Don't see the sense in that but each to his own.

Success comes to those that deserve it, he does not help himself with things he says and does. you only have to look at what he puts on his twitter account. its not all about what happens on the track. another super star before he has made it .

I think some of the criticism aimed at Tai in this thread is a bit uncalled for. It wasn't his decision to get a wild card, he's been offered it and accepted, and who can blame him. I don't agree with the inclusion of a Brit for the sake of it but its not our decision it rests with BSI who obviously think there must be a Brit in the series. If anyone can name a better British rider then go ahead, but I think you'll struggle to find one.

• Like 1

Success comes to those that deserve it, he does not help himself with things he says and does. you only have to look at what he puts on his twitter account. its not all about what happens on the track. another super star before he has made it .

HE'S not the only one in the series who needs to "grow up" shall we say and I have already suggested that he (and others) shut down their Twitter accounts. But he's in, he's young, has talent and his GP career is now in his own hands, to succeed or screw up. Time will tell, much better than even such bastions of wisdom like you and I Andy.

HE'S not the only one in the series who needs to "grow up" shall we say and I have already suggested that he (and others) shut down their Twitter accounts. But he's in, he's young, has talent and his GP career is now in his own hands, to succeed or screw up. Time will tell, much better than even such bastions of wisdom like you and I Andy.

I am not so sure about me and wisdom :-)

Not sure why having a Brit in the GP series is so important. The argument that there needs to be a Brit at Cardiff to ensure a good 'home' crowd is diluted by the award of a wild card to the winner of the British Final.

Let the fifteen best riders (-ish) battle it out in the GP series, and let the best Brit (accepting that 'best Brit' and 'winner of the British Final' may not be the same person) join them for the Cardiff GP.

Being a non-twittering Luddite, and standing on the wrong side of the pit wall, I have only anecdotal information about the attitude of Tai. Having been on the other side of the pit wall, I am personally aware of plenty of other riders with an attitude. Some of them need it to be speedway riders. How successful would a calm John McEnroe have been?

So, I have no knowledge of Tai as an individual, but I would have preferred to have any of several individuals in the GP series before Tai, if they have done the graft, and worked their way through qualifying meetings, or are performing better than Tai. If the organisers can genuinely claim that Tai is there because of his ability (and provide some proof), then his inclusion is fair. If he is there because of a desire to include a Brit in the series, then this is neither proper nor necessary.

Anybody know why Scott NIcholls wasn,t given a chance I know Tai will score a few points but still think Scotty deserved a shot if we have to have a Brit representative.

Dear God. :blink:

Some morons on here need to start backing Tai. Its not his fault he has been offered a place is it!! For the record he will be bottom and not a cat in hells chance of winning a gp. Wouldnt expect him to score over 8 in any meeting any takers? lol

I dont blame Woffinden for accepting the GP invitation,he`d be mad not to.My problem is with BSI,it appears that Woffinden is in as the token Brit,IMO the 2013 GP series on form shouldve been a Brit free zone.

Whatever riders are nominated, a totally ridiculas system anyway, it is never going to be right to all.

Why a British rider each year, no idea but, suggest the competition organisors do what's best for their buisness, at least you would hope so,

It would be nice if the number of British sponsers who throw bikes, engines etc etc at overseas rders would perhaps turn homeward and give Brits in general a equal playing field.

Perhaps Tatum should have been nominated, he seems to have the answer to all the riders varying problems!!!

Having spent many many hours in pits around the country it is a touch naieve to say that Tai is the only user of old englsh terminology.

I've stopped following him on Twitter. Constant foul language can't be doing with him...

HOPE the top line in the above post isn't attributable to me. Been called a twit many times but not a user of this social media phenomenon.

• Like 1

Well I for one would go to Cardiff and watch most of the GPs even if there was not a Brit in it. I would prefer there to be one but only on ability, I hope Tai does not end up with very few points, but when you look at the ability of most current Brits I would question the inclusion.

Wish Tai all the best - needs a fresh British face after Harris's sad struggles vs occasional flashes.

With the system we have there can always be arguements for a riders inclusion or not. In the GP's there seem to be about 8 riders at a different level of consistency and behind that there are perhaps 20 riders in the world who are very close on ability. Being the best Brit in that pool of riders right now gets you into the series. Its a marketing decision, maybe not right, but even in F1 you have drivers not there on ability but other reasons too.

The truth is the best 15 riders in the world is not a black and white thing - it change week upon week.

MJJ as a GP winner can feel definately wronged by this decision but his time will come. His win was impressive but there is still consistency to achieve to be a long duration GP rider.

I personally would like to see an improved qualifying system, regionalized like the old days and then in the challenge including the 7 riders who did not make the GP top 8. Have 5 of them qualify still leaving open 2 spots, but those spots should go to riders like Hampel who missed rounds through injury as a priority.

Edited by SteveEvans
  • Like 1