British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

That thought had not really crossed my mind so much as the one that said changing the track would pay for itself and they couldn't afford not to change it . my original reply was to Volty's suggestion that Leicester are a forward thinking club. IMO they are not. if the were they would have looked to the future and provided a sound footing for the clubs future by creating a track that provides entertainment and keeps not only it's own supporters coming through the gate but also crossover support from other teams . just like many other Posters who are Leicester supporters you choose to bolster your arguments with untruths . it was not wasteland or disused at all it was a piece of level parkland and Leicester speedway started with a very nice blank canvas and have turned it into a wasteland . never mind cut the guy a bit of slack if no-one had made mention of the crap track would Dave Hemsley be proposing to change it now . so it's a good job that some people made him aware of their displeasure instead of cutting him slack and allowing him to fiddle while Rome burned . Time you and a good few more stopped coming the we're a new club plea and look how well St David has done it's well past it sell by and is no substitute for reasoned and factual debate !!

oh for Gods sake you miserable sod,Rome wasn't built in a day......give the guy a break.

Heres some facts for you !!!. The leicester promotion have known for 2 seasons that support has been drifting away because of the tracks reputation for crap racing and has done nothing about it , that is not forward thinking .........Fact .. The elite league is struggling because of the Gps ruining the continuity of their fixture list and the expense of trying to employ the top riders ....Fact.. there is no pot of gold from the Sky money . by the time the crooked gospeed have taken their cut from it it barely covers the losses generated by stay at home and watch on TV supporters ...fact ... Wie-Ja is blinded by his defensiveness of Leicester speedway and too thick to see what has actually been posted ..........Fact oh and while we are about it fails to read posts and take on board what they actually say before posting his usual Braindead rant !!!

Track - going over old ground here, Would have been nice earlier but now it's being done, there is no use constantly moaning. EL - let's get real here, don't you think the promotion have done their homework? Do you know the promotion well enough to assume that they have no idea what they are doing? Well I do and have done for a very long time. Here is a fact - if David and Alan think that EL is the way to go then you can guarantee that it's been researched properly. Do you honestly think that a business would look to go in a direction that will guarantee a loss? I run a business. if you stand still you go backwards. EL is an attempt to move forward, best of luck i say.
  • Like 3

Track would have been done during last season but understandibly the Riders apparetly asked for changes to be delayed till winter as they were on an unbeaten home run and didn't want to lose home advantage for a time while they mastered any changes. And that decision paid off as Lions went unbeaten at home in League

It's a NON story now 'Whipper' because its being done before next season so get up to speed😜

Thanks for the predictable replies from the usual everythings rosy at Leicester brigade and the insult from the usual source. do any of you ever read what is posted before you start begging for sympathy ?. or is it just that you don't have the intelligence to read and take on board what has actually been written and do something unusual and form an opinion of your own . anyway enough time wasted trying to debate with the hypnotised . enjoy the Leicester threads without having to hear anything there may be some truth in all 5 of you . and remember if you dont post anything your threads will drop off the bottom of the page and posters from other teams will start to think nobody is interested in Leicester anymore . it's better to post some fantasy that you believe is the truth like the track could not be altered mid season than to post nothing

Thanks for the predictable replies from the usual everythings rosy at Leicester brigade and the insult from the usual source. do any of you ever read what is posted before you start begging for sympathy ?. or is it just that you don't have the intelligence to read and take on board what has actually been written and do something unusual and form an opinion of your own . anyway enough time wasted trying to debate with the hypnotised . enjoy the Leicester threads without having to hear anything there may be some truth in all 5 of you . and remember if you dont post anything your threads will drop off the bottom of the page and posters from other teams will start to think nobody is interested in Leicester anymore . it's better to post some fantasy that you believe is the truth like the track could not be altered mid season than to post nothing

Have you ever thought Jim that some of the posters commenting on this thread might actually be involved in the club in some way and therefor know a little bit more than you who justs post the usual garbage every so often? There was an option to alter the track mid-season but when asked, the riders didn't want it doing as most of them had found set-ups that worked.

Have you ever thought Jim that some of the posters commenting on this thread might actually be involved in the club in some way and therefor know a little bit more than you who justs post the usual garbage every so often? There was an option to alter the track mid-season but when asked, the riders didn't want it doing as most of them had found set-ups that worked.

So, serious question.... is that a sensible business decision, putting the riders set-up preferences above the wishes of the paying public? Obviously the regulars want to watch a winning team, I understand that, but surely the larger public are the ones who will determine Leicester Speedway's long term future? That said, many of the ones who wanted the track altering have given up and stopped going now anyway. And I doubt whether putting the track right at this stage will get them back either. A massive one-time opportunity that was screwed up. Now it's simply a case of bolting the stable door after the horse has gone home bored.

Edited by LionsDen

So, serious question.... is that a sensible business decision, putting the riders set-up preferences above the wishes of the paying public? Obviously the regulars want to watch a winning team, I understand that, but surely the larger public are the ones who will determine Leicester Speedway's long term future? That said, many of the ones who wanted the track altering have given up and stopped going now anyway. And I doubt whether putting the track right at this stage will get them back either. A massive one-time opportunity that was screwed up. Now it's simply a case of bolting the stable door after the horse has gone home bored.

I suppose it's hard to judge. A lot of fans are only interested in results. If the track had been altered mid-season and the team started losing at home despite the amount of passing increasing, would that have seen a drop in spectators? It's all speculation.

I think it was very much a case of damned if you did the track mid season & damned if you don't.

If they changed the track & the team started to lose then fans would be saying they should har waited.

But then on the flip side people saw winning & close scoring matches on a boring track.

Maybe time to concentrate on 2013 in whichever league WITH track changes.

If those who stopped going because of the track still wish to stay away even after the track changes then that clearly isn't the reason they stopped attending.

• Like 1

once again failed to read the post . the track alteration part was a reply to someone who was trying to intimate that altering the track during the season was not allowed . it is and has been done at several tracks , but you choose to read the post differently . nothing changes does it shoot your mouth off before engaging brain . par for the course with you . no reasoned argument just start mouthing off and looking for sympathy

once again failed to read the post . the track alteration part was a reply to someone who was trying to intimate that altering the track during the season was not allowed . it is and has been done at several tracks , but you choose to read the post differently . nothing changes does it shoot your mouth off before engaging brain . par for the course with you . no reasoned argument just start mouthing off and looking for sympathy

Amazing how you change things you have said as you go along as soon as someone's reply 'finds your argument out'.

For 'start mouthing off' just see every one of your posts 😱

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Why would anyone want sympathy. It's been explained why the track wasn't changed, but will be in the closed season. Leicester still gets some of the largest crowds in the sport here in the uk. If you don't want to see them in the top division then don't go.

I assume DH has considered what he is doing or planning to do, and that is up to him it's his money and business.

Once the track is changed and hopefully producers better racing I'm sure more supporters will return.

I think you'll find I was trying to have a reasonable discussion. Not my fault you're bit of a prick though is it? What have you added to the discussion? Not a lot. As you have said, other tracks have altered their tracks part way through a season, I think the last was Glasgow a couple of years ago to suit their football landlords. I just put forward the reason why Leicester didn't do it this season.

• Like 3

I totally agree with you that the track should have still been changed. However, they still got very good crowds and it held pretty steady throughout the year, in fact the Workington league match was the second biggest crowd of the year, about a month after the anti-hemsley brigade had been signing the death nell after the problems at the Workington cup match. This even surprises me but that may well be down to some of the things that neither you or your cronies have been able to accept as yet. That Leicester, under David Hemsleys promotion, do a lot lot of things very, very well and people can see that they are trying to make changes to the things they don't do so well.

It clear to anyone who has been to BP that the venture is not the disaster you would like people to think it is.

I have to say i'm a little peeved that we have to sit through you and your 3rd hand info on how bad Hemsley is. At least when Lionsden, Speedibee, Naylor, Robert72 have a go then at least we know they feel that they have got a genuine axe to grind with the promotion and aren't just trying to give the impression that they are more knowledgable than they really are. When you Pm'ed me with your inside knowledge about the Naylor's and Hemsley (something i should point out i neither asked for from you or for that matter was any of my business) i responded by asking you a genuine question that i felt at best deserved an answer and at worst an acknowlegment if you are as knowledgable as you make out. Yet all you could do was delete the PM.. maybe i should ask it on here and see if someone could give me a straight answer as it came close to involving a very large sum of my money. The fact that you did just delete such a genuine question confirms what a chancer you are.

Mick.

Edited by volty

i think jim has been whipped big time,maybe you should change your user name jim on the forum and start again.but next time please talk some sense.