Premier league side.

1 Ryan Fisher

2 Jan Graversen

3 Lasse Bjerre

4 Linus Eklof

5 Kauko Neiminen

6 Simon Neilsen

7 Lewis Blackbird

Not bad Honey. Can't see Blackbird with us next season. Doesn't look off the pace but averaging 1.87 in 15 matches and 60 rides without showing any real progress points wise is disappointing. Flip side is that if he does find pace and decent points early then he will still be on a falsely low average for a good while whilst we rise to the table top. Kerr showed up well last week.

In PL Fisher will clearly be Number 1. I saw mentioned (i think)that 3 had already signed for next year and the management had said about retaining the crowds favourites. With the EL/PL in the air, I would have thought that the ones that could commit for either would be Nemo, Bjerre, Eklof, Graverson and Karlsson. If there are 3 crowd favourites then Nemo, Grav and Bjerre could be in the mix for both more so than I think Eklof and Karlsson.

• Like 1

Silly season is upon us.

Elite league side.

1 Kenneth Bjerre.

2 Lasse Bjerre.

3 kristof Kaprozak

If i was making a list of riders least likely to be turning out for Leicester in the Elite league next year then Kasprzak would be right up there, I think just in front of Sam Ermolenko.

Mick.

Edited by volty

I can only see 4 of this years side being retained for next season, Bjerre, Nieminen,Graversen & Nielsen.Although depends on which league we're in, Graversen & Nielsen would probabaly struggle in the elite league even at reserve, especially away from home where Graversen's scores drop dramatically.Thorsell might be a good shout for next season, looked good in the 2 meetings he has ridden at BP.

if rumors are true and we have signed fisher and remain in the premier league then i would go for

ryan fisher 8.78

kauko nieminen 8.18

magnus karlsson 7.34

linus eklof 6.24

mason campton 4.69

simon nielson 4.08

stephen nielsen/lewis kerr 3.00

total 42.31

i would love to put jan in but i cant get him to fit,i think they will keep karlsson as he is a leicester asset and will save a lot on loan fee's i wont have a go at putting an elite team togeather yet until we know if we are in it.

I thought Bjerre had signed for someone els and Nemo was going as well

I must confess that I haven't seen much Elite League speedway. I've been twice this season I think .

So I don't really know the riders. So I will trust in the powers that be to select the team, if we go in that direction.

Personally, for what it's worth, I've always watched 2nd division speedway. And from what I have seen of so called top flight action I much prefer Premier League. But, if we do end up there, I'll give it a go. And probably double up with Sheffield.

I'll give it a go. And probably double up with Sheffield.

Is your average low enough? :lol:

• Like 1

The recent initiative to ask fans what they thought of Leicester Speedway was met with a great deal of enthusiasm, commitment and indeed passion! We discounted a numerical marking criteria where ten was excellent and one was unacceptable as we wanted to encourage people to write freely about their experience of a night out at Beaumont Park.

The response was excellent and we wish to thank everyone who took the time to complete and return the feedback form and the emails, texts and letters received on the subject. It has taken us quite some time to read through the comments and digest the information but it has been a worthwhile exercise.

On the plus side, what came out time and time again was the uninterrupted view of the track from all points around the stadium which cannot be said about many venues. The standard and cleanliness of our restrooms came out very highly in people’s opinions and so too did the quality of food on offer. Another big positive people valued were the friendliness and helpfulness of our stewards and as someone remarked we should carry a strap-line of ‘Leicester – Speedway’s friendliest track’.

All good stuff and it is nice to know that the little things all add up to an enjoyable night out at Beaumont Park.

Now for the not so nice part of what people had to say about attending a speedway meeting at Beaumont Park.

The big issue appertained to the shape of the track! Now I think that everyone will agree that the racing has moved up to another level with shale we purchased from Scunthorpe and laid in time for the Pride of the Midlands event. However, we have gone on record to say that alterations will be carried out and it is in our plan to begin the work in December. The reason for not starting until then is because the stadium has been hired out for three events.

Secondly, and high on people’s wish list is the length of time track grading takes. We have been mindful of this fact and over the last three home meetings we believe people will have witnessed a big improvement. In the final fixture against Somerset the meeting was closed at 8.50pm and we will continue to deliver a slick show in 2013.

The third area of concern that attracted a high importance appertained to the range, price and styling of the club retail shop merchandise. This is an area of the business that will be given some thought to during the winter and also the timing of products delivered to the shop to ensure that the mainstream items are available early in the season.

Those were the primary areas of concern so what are the secondary level issues? The distance from the main car park to the stadium was seen to be an issue. Whilst we cannot bring either closer together we do have an idea that we are currently exploring that will be of assistance to people with walking or breathing difficulties. It is too early to say what that is but should it come off we will be the first club to offer a unique service on match days.

Viewing a meeting for people who are in wheelchairs and shelter from rain featured in the secondary category. We accept that we need to consider creating a raised platform with cover so that people are elevated. Whilst we have a designated area in front of the referee’s box for our fans to watch the racing it is not ideal and so we need to give this some thought as to what is possible.

The third area that attracted most comments was the fact that our catering outlets do not have on offer vegetarian options. This is something we will be discussing with our contractors during the winter for them to stock a range of products.

We suspect the most talked about subject at the moment is: will the Lions be competing in the Elite League in 2013? Whilst we cannot answer that question at the moment, fans voiced their feelings that if not next season they would like to see Leicester at some point in the future back where they belong in the top level of British Speedway.

There were many other observations people made that were low in volume, all valid of course that we have not reported on here. It has proved to be a worthwhile exercise, some of the information has endorsed the fact that we are doing a great deal right, other pieces of feedback we were aware of and in the course of time will change and some of the observations were new to us.

It is always a brave thing to ask your customer what they think of you and we have gained such a lot from your comments. We intend to do this again at some stage of 2013 which will help us to measure our current performance, what has changed and any new areas that require our attention.

Thank you.

David

At a loose end and missing my speedway already so here's a couple of efforts at a decent Lions 2013 team working to a 41.50 point elite league limit. Struggling to find a place for any Leicester 2012 riders with Crump in the team.

1. J.Crump 11.07

2. R.Schlien 7.18

3. R.Fisher 6.02

4. C. Cook 5.52

5. P.Hougard 4.89

6. T.Poole 3.59

7. J.Thorsell 3.00

1. K.Bjerre 8.18

2. R.Schlien 7.18

3. R.Fisher 6.02

4. C.Cook 5.52

5. P.Hougard 4.89

6. L.Bjerre 4.83

7. R.Bach 4.77

• Like 2

Struggling to find a place for any Leicester 2012 riders with Crump in the team.

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about that because I very much doubt if Jason will be riding in the U.K. next season.

C. Cook? Has Colin come out of retirement? :D One of my favourite ever Leicester riders.

• Like 1

Leave it a season Lions,

We all want you back in the top lge - but just calm it eh......

The so called Elite League is controlled by SKY TV - just like so called Elite football in this country - ala "PAY PER VIEW"

If Leicester go Elite I reckon:

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.18

2. Bjarne Pedersen 7.35

3. Edward Kennett 6.22

4. Ryan Fisher 6.02

5. Lasse Bjerre DU 4.91/???

6. Ricky Kling 3.97

7. Linus Eklof 3.00