British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Time for a different reply , this one is worn out ,don't think it up yourself though get someone who has more than 1 brain cell to help you .

its more than the half that you've got!
  • Like 1

Maybe it's because some people can't respond politely to reasonable questions, answers and opinions?

TBH I'm most surprised to see you actually admit to that . now if you could get some of the other blinkered Lions fans who post on Leicester threads to adopt a similar attitude maybe some of the more open minded leicester fans may come back . that would make the threads a lot more interesting than just the 6 or so regulars who post the same defensive and boring rubbish every time someone posts with a different view .

Why is there so much abuse on this forum??

Seems to only come when or after one particular person posts

Edited by hurricanes

TBH I'm most surprised to see you actually admit to that . now if you could get some of the other blinkered Lions fans who post on Leicester threads to adopt a similar attitude maybe some of the more open minded leicester fans may come back . that would make the threads a lot more interesting than just the 6 or so regulars who post the same defensive and boring rubbish every time someone posts with a different view .

I take it that by 'open minded' you mean 'anti promotion and always critical' and by 'defensive' you mean people who have a different opinion to you that they genuinely hold and are genuinely happy with the way Leicester Speedway is run overall and accept that not 100% is perfect but the vast majority is as good or better than at many other tracks and proud to be Lions fans .

If you can't accept that some people don't hold your consistently critical view then perhaps you should do what you did most of the season when we were winning every week .... And not frequent this Forum.

• Like 2

From the Lions website, looks like they're fully intent on joining the EL, that is if the others let them join in -

I suppose whether others will let them in is the thing. I have to say it will show the sad state of British Speedway if Leicester are effectively held back from being where they want to be and where they need to be for their long term future (i.e racing and developing rivalries at the highest level against the close city rivals such as Coventry, Birmingham & Wolverhampton) for the short term gain that splitting the SKY money only 10 ways will give the 10 tracks currently there. If it doesn't happen then my opinion is that it shows again, only too clearly, why Speedway needs someone or something in charge that is able to look at the greater good of the sport over the greater good of the individual promoters and the current crop of half-arsed companies sucking the last drops from a one great sport (such as GoSpeed).

Mick.

I take it that by 'open minded' you mean 'anti promotion and always critical' and by 'defensive' you mean people who have a different opinion to you that they genuinely hold and are genuinely happy with the way Leicester Speedway is run overall and accept that not 100% is perfect but the vast majority is as good or better than at many other tracks and proud to be Lions fans .

If you can't accept that some people don't hold your consistently critical view then perhaps you should do what you did most of the season when we were winning every week .... And not frequent this Forum.

Thank you for this post . it's an absolute classic in the style of ." I take it " of course you do and like the other 6 that's the problem . you take it rather than read and take on board what something says and form an opinion . you" take "whatever your pitiful victim culture makes you see , if you cannot accept that someone may have a different opinion to yours then at least dont show your arrogance by telling them not to post on a public forum . who do you think you are ?absolutely typical of a small section of leicester supporters you think you are so high and mighty that you can join a public forum and then tell longer standing members what they can and can't post .

Thank you for this post . it's an absolute classic in the style of ." I take it " of course you do and like the other 6 that's the problem . you take it rather than read and take on board what something says and form an opinion . you" take "whatever your pitiful victim culture makes you see , if you cannot accept that someone may have a different opinion to yours then at least dont show your arrogance by telling them not to post on a public forum . who do you think you are ?absolutely typical of a small section of leicester supporters you think you are so high and mighty that you can join a public forum and then tell longer standing members what they can and can't post .

i dont think anyone is saying dont post what they are saying is stop posting the same boring crap over and over again,we get your point you dont have to keep repeating yourself.

I suppose whether others will let them in is the thing. I have to say it will show the sad state of British Speedway if Leicester are effectively held back from being where they want to be and where they need to be for their long term future (i.e racing and developing rivalries at the highest level against the close city rivals such as Coventry, Birmingham & Wolverhampton) for the short term gain that splitting the SKY money only 10 ways will give the 10 tracks currently there. If it doesn't happen then my opinion is that it shows again, only too clearly, why Speedway needs someone or something in charge that is able to look at the greater good of the sport over the greater good of the individual promoters and the current crop of half-arsed companies sucking the last drops from a one great sport (such as GoSpeed).

Mick.

dont leicester have to pay a lump of cash to join the elite and then after a year in the league the following season they are entitled to a share of the sky money? i could be wrong anyone know any different?

dont leicester have to pay a lump of cash to join the elite and then after a year in the league the following season they are entitled to a share of the sky money? i could be wrong anyone know any different?

I'm not sure what the terms are but surely in these times when tracks are struggling all over country the top brass should doing whatever it needs to in order to nurture teams such as Leicester that are actively trying to improve themselves and have the resources and backing, crowd wise at the very least, to make the move and be a veritable asset to the league long term. If no Sky money is on offer for a year then that's basically no go i would have thought. The disadvantage would be too great i'd have thought.

Edited by volty

you were quiet during most of the season when the team was winning and there was nothing obvious to moan about , that's my point.

Again YOU choose to completely misinterpret a post and twist it like you always do.

The FACT built from every post you make is, the only people who in YOUR mind have a valid opinion are those who are critical of the Leicester Promotion.

I'm not a victim , I just happen to be a happy Lions fan that's all 😄

Edited by hurricanes

Jim,

I think the majority know the track isn't good and it needs adapting. Little tweaks have been made and some successful, others not. Some don't agree with Hemsley's way (stubborness), others more supportive (still learning) whilst some who can't work out tbh are very supportive of the promotion.

However, the constant posts knocking the track, knocking the fans, knocking the promotion are not constructive in any manner. If an opinion is to say 'I don't like the track for reasons a, b and c. I think the following should be done'. Fair enough. But just a stream of the same opinion of 'this is crap' is tiresome.

• Like 2

Linus signed on the 6.5 he averaged for Berwick.

I realize this SCB but many on here have already told me that it is not always a question of how much has a rider improved his average by but by how much he has improved his all round game. Linus Eklof did well when he rode for Berwick but since then he obviously went downhill because he did poorly for Belle Vue earlier this season and needed to start again which I think he did by upping his more recent converted BPL average by a considerable margin which I just thought would have have earned him more than just 1% of the vote.

Mick.

There will be a bond to pay if the Lions promotion fold, I imagine, which in the EL that will be quite high 10's of 1000's?. The promotion can't be let off this just because they have a big fan base and want to progress. lets not forget the fact that the promotion may even have these funds in place already for when the application is lodged

There will be a bond to pay if the Lions promotion fold, I imagine, which in the EL that will be quite high 10's of 1000's?. The promotion can't be let off this just because they have a big fan base and want to progress. lets not forget the fact that the promotion may even have these funds in place already for when the application is lodged

Fair comment TMW. With regards to my mention of the big fan base etc that was in relation to the Sky money more than any bond that may be required to join the EL. If it came across differently then my bad

Edited by volty

If Leicester do find them self's in the EL next season I wonder what night they will race on at BP. Obviously they won't be able to use weekends. Do you think this will have an effect on the size of the gate ? I personally think it will, also another key factor is the track I think it will need to produce much better racing or the proposed move up could all go terribly wrong.

• Like 1