British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

£15 hoodies and £5 t-shirts = affordable clothing

Do you shop at Age Concern?

• Like 2

I am surprised nobody has mentioned about the new team sponsors H Jordan haulage not exactly the large well known name the club were mentioning.

Edited by flagrag

Do you shop at Age Concern?

I shop at designer outlets and can buy a designer hoodie fo £20 and designer t-shirts for under £10 sometimes a fiver so for a speedway hoodie it shouldnt be double a designer label price surely ?

I am surprised nobody has mentioned about the new team sponsors H Jordan haulage not exactly the large well known name the club were mentioning.

a haulage company in cheshire that transports bricks ? does the deal come with a lorry driver as promotor. :blink:

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

You say a fair few people ? 4 or 5 ? maybe 2 of them will actullay buy one.it seems you dont have a buisness mind either just like those at leicester speedway who fail in promoting the club better.

Hoodies could of been knocked out for well under half the £40 price tag,just think how many more fans would buy one for £15, the more you sell the more exposure for leicester speedway, lets not foget alot of people in leicester still dont know speedway has returned.

£15 hoodies and £5 t-shirts = affordable clothing that many could afford and that = fantastic promoting of leicester speedway

£65 coats £40 hoodies, a few hardcore fans will buy = very limited promoting of leicester speedway.

yet another uneducated reply from Robert72.

You said the same about the jackets last year, yet they sold out the first stock run and subsequent runs too , even though they were different to the 2011 jacket .

Are you naive enough to think every fan is on Facebook and every fan who will buy has commented???

Its a business decision by every business to price point their merchandise based on the cost of the goods to them (which neither you or me know) & an element of profit. Having sold out of the jackets in the last 2 seasons no doubt they have used that data to set the prices for this years jacket.

Yes it about promoting but is also about the material quality of the jackets which has been high over the last 2 years rather than the cheap rubbish you would get if charged a lot less.

If you don't want one don't buy one but why do you have to rubbish every single thing the Leicester Promotion ever do? Oh yes I forgot , because of your personal narrow agenda, whatever that is driven by.

• Like 2

Jordan's are a local haulage firm running asphalt laying gangs unless i'm much mistaken, i often am. They did a fine job of our car park a few years back. These, along with the new promoter also being a aggregate haulier with a couple of lorries and access to cheap aggregate is, imo, probably more useful to ongoing needs of beaumont park than a sponsorship tie up with someone like Walker Crisps.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

3 or 4 people arguing about the same old thing makes us the laughing stock of the sport in my book. :D

Cheers TMW, i guess you mean me as i'm far too interested in my speedway, i've got far too much time on my hands and post far too much..

so recently i've been discussing

1.the track changes and whether Leicester appearing to bypass any expert input will have a detrimental effect on how succesful the changes are

2.the new promoter and whether he is the reason that expert input was deemed unneccessary

3.and whether the current state of the complex and problems in resolving it is in part due to what i think is an extraordinary revelation that the development appears to have been granted by the council on a basis of a series of 'good faith' agreements between the council and the businesses originally earmarked to use it.

and that makes me part of the laughing stock of the sport does it, cheers... you made me feel suitable belittled. so when is your book out?

Mick.

Jordan's are a local haulage firm running asphalt laying gangs unless i'm much mistaken, i often am. They did a fine job of our car park a few years back. These, along with the new promoter also being a aggregate haulier with a couple of lorries and access to cheap aggregate is, imo, probably more useful to ongoing needs of beaumont park than a sponsorship tie up with someone like Walker Crisps.

spot on Volty, like when Breedon sponsored in 2011 it gave access to shale which eased cash flow at a critical time.

The value in a sponsorship is the net cash flow effect not just the upfront sum of cash. It's irrelevant how 'big' the company is its the amount of value they bring to LS Ltd

3.and whether the current state of the complex and problems in resolving it is in part due to what i think is an extraordinary revelation that the development appears to have been granted by the council on a basis of a series of 'good faith' agreements between the council and the businesses originally earmarked to use it.

Theres a condition of the planning permission regards the programme of the overall site. That would be the first issue with the Council.

Then the lease which is favourable to BSC Ltd. and had a set time for review after the first few years of the Speedway was in operation. It's time for that review. Typically on the Councils side certain people have left albeit retirement or redundancy.

[quote

name=Mr Blobby' timestamp='1362096897' post='2249344]

Edinburgh jackets are around the same price and they sell a decent

amount of them each year.

People can chose to buy or not to buy and if they are overpriced they

will chose the latter and the promotion will make no bunce !!! Is my

point:)

Tina Did you mean

Track changes

Mess outside the stadium who too blame.

Why 3 promotors

over priced merchandise

:rofl:

I think they are good topics to discuss

Well i'd say no. 3 is the real topic of discussion and has been for 2

years now and if he were to do one so would all the other topics:)

[quote name=volty'

timestamp='1362122446' post='2249365]

Cheers TMW, i guess you mean me as i'm far too interested in my

Mick.

It's my opinion and I was entitled to it last time I checked :)

Edited by TMW

yet another uneducated reply from Robert72.

You said the same about the jackets last year, yet they sold out the first stock run and subsequent runs too , even though they were different to the 2011 jacket .

Are you naive enough to think every fan is on Facebook and every fan who will buy has commented???

Its a business decision by every business to price point their merchandise based on the cost of the goods to them (which neither you or me know) & an element of profit. Having sold out of the jackets in the last 2 seasons no doubt they have used that data to set the prices for this years jacket.

Yes it about promoting but is also about the material quality of the jackets which has been high over the last 2 years rather than the cheap rubbish you would get if charged a lot less.

If you don't want one don't buy one but why do you have to rubbish every single thing the Leicester Promotion ever do? Oh yes I forgot , because of your personal narrow agenda, whatever that is driven by.

You are the uneducated one and clearly show it with your remarks and your constant attacks on everything i say, I do know that the paying public need to feel valued and in tough times the promotion need to look at ways of making things affordable for fans with families.

Well i'd say no. 3 is the real topic of discussion and has been for 2

years now and if he were to do one so would all the other topics:)

It's my opinion and I was entitled to it last time I checked :)

can't disagree with your last point and my chin is big enough to take it. I was going to try and be a bit quieter but due to the cryptic nature of the bit above it you've made me post again. What does this mean? The real topic of discussion should be Dave Darcy becoming a promoter? And if he clears off then most issues we talk about would disappear?

I'm intrigued as a few of my employees found it hilarious that he had been put in charge of anything. I'm very far from being convinced about it.

Edited by volty

Harry Jordan Leicester Lions

I'm afraid that you are very much mistaken , Harry Jordan is a transport firm , the tarmac layers are Jordan roadplaning

Obviously any person or company that sponsor the sport is good and as Hurricanes has confirmed may not bring vast amounts of cash in but if the club don't have to pay to transport any shale this year will save few thousand over the season

Does seem from little web research that they are a small company doing quarry transport bit like the new co promotors business

Obviously any person or company that sponsor the sport is good and as Hurricanes has confirmed may not bring vast amounts of cash in but if the club don't have to pay to transport any shale this year will save few thousand over the season

Where they bringing Shale from?? Russia???

• Like 1

Confirmed on the lions website that Chris Popple is back next season as back up presenter to Rob Sensicall.

Are fans happy about this he was dreadful when he did it last season hopefully he watched and learned at the end of last season on how to present a speedway meeting