British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Loving the nonsense on here by the usual handful.................

What nonsense are you on about please explain.

What would you call it then. Enlighten us please :)

Being Diplomatic . Only a fool would speak honestly in speedway,

Being Diplomatic . Only a fool would speak honestly in speedway,

Being diplomatic is cleaverly avoiding the question. Saying you like the track when you don't is lieing:)

Being diplomatic is cleaverly avoiding the question. Saying you like the track when you don't is lieing:)

and according to some on here saying you like anything about the set up when you actually truthfully do, is 'lieing' too 😜

Internationally recognised company taking over the world :lol: Walkers is owned by Pepsi cola , you wouldn't want them on board would you ? :party:

No wonder they are trying to take of the world then. Walkers have come a long way since I worked in Leicester in 1982. Then they used to do some wicked strong salt and vinegar crisps which would now be banned by H&S which used to take off the lining of your mouth.

Pepsi would do just fine as sponsors!

Is it really ?

Synonyms

2. Diplomatic, ability to avoid offending others or hurting their feelings, especially in situations where this ability is important. Diplomatic suggests a smoothness and skill in handling others, usually in such a way as to attain one's own ends and yet avoid any unpleasantness or opposition: .

Courtesy of Dictionary .com

No wonder they are trying to take of the world then. Walkers have come a long way since I worked in Leicester in 1982. Then they used to do some wicked strong salt and vinegar crisps which would now be banned by H&S which used to take off the lining of your mouth.

Pepsi would do just fine as sponsors!

Pepsi and Coke used to take the lining off your stomach and rot your teeth back in the good old days when they tasted of something other than caramel and sugar , would not let that put me off a sponsorship deal, Nah seriously lets keep it local and tie up a deal for some free transport and cheap building materials , getting a global corporation on board would only lead to raising speedways profile and making it look like a truly professional sport :lol:

• Like 1

Not followed the Chris Harris part of the thread as i was trying not to post too much. I remember most riders hating Long Eaton when it was at its most entertaining to see. Dave Jessup, Dave Morton and quite a few others just used to freewheel around it so not sure what the point is that is being made. Is it that riders have too much say on track conditions these days? If so, i'm in.

Edited by volty

[quote name=jim the whipper'

timestamp='1362489862' post='2250507]

Is it really ?

Synonyms

2. Diplomatic, ability

to avoid offending others

or hurting their feelings, especially in

situations where this

ability is important. Diplomatic suggests a

smoothness and skill in handling others, usually

in such a way as to attain one's own ends and yet avoid any

unpleasantness or

opposition: .

Courtesy of Dictionary .com

Thanks for backing up my theory saves me the trouble but then you do seem to have more time on your hands. I on the flipside to be honest am too busy 'living':)

Thanks for backing up my theory saves me the trouble but then you do seem to have more time on your hands. I on the flipside to be honest am too busy 'living' :)

I see what you did there , so will everybody else . nice try but it's too transparent

Loving the nonsense on here by the usual handful.................

surely, with the best will in the world, even at its worst it's still better than some of the nonsense on your facebook site though!

I heard on Sunday that Lasse and Simon were going to up to the track to practise yesterday. This had me thinking, is Adam Roynon back on a bike yet? anyone know how he's getting on.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

This had me thinking, is Adam Roynon back on a bike yet? anyone know how he's getting on.

I believe that his plan is to be back on a bike and practising within the following week.

Just over a week to go until the Lions get back into action with the visit of the Coventry Bees.

I must admit I'm rather looking forward to the up and coming season. Looks like we have a fairly strong team this year.

How do you think we'll do ?

Just over a week to go until the Lions get back into action with the visit of the Coventry Bees.

I must admit I'm rather looking forward to the up and coming season. Looks like we have a fairly strong team this year.

How do you think we'll do ?

playoffs minimum in League and minimum Semi Final in League Cup (I think there are Semi's) and win 4's and through at least 1 round in KO Cup Edited by hurricanes

Alan Jones & David Hemsley were on radio Leicester tonight at 18.30. It's worth going to the BBC leicester web site and listening again.

Hemsley comments on the development of Beaumont Park & the track.

Hemsley said a BMX track was currently being built, but it sounded like he was struggling to get much else in. Velodrome & 5-a-side football pitches not happening.

Hemsley reckoned the practices that have taken place since the track changes have seen an improvement. Yes, I know, he's not going to say anything else!

Anyway that was my take on what he said. Thought it was good to hear his answers on a couple of the main questions that gave come up on here recently.