British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

As it stands it is looking like Leicester will not make the playoffs. 2 of their 3 wins were against the worst 2 teams in the league who have also been beaten at home by most of the leading teams so they have gained no advantage.

I think unless they make a smart move and bring in some decent replacements for the injured riders. Then I agree it will be difficult to make the top six. But, with the right riders they could win at both Rye House and Scunthorpe.

I think unless they make a smart move and bring in some decent replacements for the injured riders. Then I agree it will be difficult to make the top six. But, with the right riders they could win at both Rye House and Scunthorpe.

I think we need to change/ temp replace 2 or 3 riders. But who? I would like to see Boxall fit in somewhere, and I think we need an all out No1(sorry Nemo) but to get these in we will need a major overhaul of the team. It would be great to try and get Jan back at reserve. Very difficult. I think we have gone off of the boil in recent weeks. I don't know what the answer is, does anyone else?

Winning at Rye House is going to be terribly hard with

Guest for Lasse Bjerre (who will be No1 from 1st August) ( Under 21 at Berwick)

R/R for Kauko Nieminen (Injured)

Guest for Alex Edberg (Injured)

NL guest for Robert Branford ( Reserve for the Under 21 at Berwick)

So we will go there with a team of

1.Guest

2.Jan Graversen

3.R/R

4.Kevin Doolan

5.Magnus Karlsson

6.Guest

7.NL Guest

Edited by lionking

1.Guest

2.Jan Graversen

3.R/R

4.Kevin Doolan

5.Magnus Karlsson

6.Guest

7.NL Guest

If that is the case then I agree.

What is the point of having Bjerre if he can't make half the meetings.

Apparently David Howe is the guest on Saturday against Sheffield.

1.Guest

2.Jan Graversen

3.R/R

4.Kevin Doolan

5.Magnus Karlsson

6.Guest

7.NL Guest

According to Lions website Kauko is hoping to be back for home match against Scunthorpe, so providing he has no setbacks should be available for Rye House. It also says Edberg is 2 weeks away from returning so it's possible he maybe back too for Rye House trip.

What is the point of having Bjerre if he can't make half the meetings.

Surely you would not deny the man a bit of possible glory.

Surely you would not deny the man a bit of possible glory.

All riders should be made to sign a contract stating that they have no ambition.

• Like 1

All riders should be made to sign a contract stating that they have no ambition.

They should have ambition. To be the best in the world but only ride for the Lions from here on in.

The teams know what they are getting when they sign riders - it's entirely Leicester's decision to use Bjerre in the knowledge that he will definitely miss some fixtures, and even more if his ambitions are realised.

The teams know what they are getting when they sign riders - it's entirely Leicester's decision to use Bjerre in the knowledge that he will definitely miss some fixtures, and even more if his ambitions are realised.

Whoosh

That wasn't the question was it .

Are Redcar Catchable?

Just reviewed the remaining fixtures again and still have Leicester finishing 7th with only Redcar realistically

catchable.

Worky & Edinburgh already have too many points in the bag.

Newcastle have 7 home meetings of the 10 remaining.

Ipswich & Somerset have 2 meetings in hand and looking at the fixtures look like we can't catch them.

This just leaves Redcar. They have the below meetings of which 5 of the 8 are away:-

Vs h/a my predicted points haul

Somerset a 0

Plymouth a 1

Scunthorpe h 3

Ipswich a 0

Leicester h 3

Glasgow h 3

Rye House a 1

Newcastle a 0

Total points 43

Lions remaining meetings :-

Vs h/a my predicted points haul

Sheffield h 3

Scunthorpe h 2

Rye a 1

Rye h 3

Redcar a 0

Berwick h 3

Scunthorpe a 0

Edinburgh h 2

Newcastle a 0

Total points 40

If Redcar don't win any of the away meetings and only pick up a point at both Rye House & Plymouth,

then Leicester could catch them if they over achieve on my predicted points haul.

ie: Take all 4 points at Rye House or get something Redcar or Scunthorpe & pick up max wins at home.

Probably all wishful thinking, but its the only thing to cling to if the Lions want to make the play-offs.

Edited by Astill lodge lion

Are Redcar Catchable?

Just reviewed the remaining fixtures again and still have Leicester finishing 7th with only Redcar realistically

catchable.

Worky & Edinburgh already have too many points in the bag.

I don't think Redcar are catchable personally. I think we are nailed on for 7th. Do they still have the crap team cup as well to go? Is that happening this year? I guess we are either one of the favourites for the crap cup or rank outsiders for the play offs. What's the best option?

We've missed every conceivable opportunity to make a difference this season which i'm guessing mainly boils down to our parlous finances. Im sure if we'd made track changes mid winter and let speedway decisions overrule the heart we'd of had Blackbird and Kerr scoring big at reserve all season. I think we've missed opportunities to replace the likes of the missfiring (away from home at least) Graversen with someone like Pontus Asprgren for whatever reasons as well, be that finance or heart. We've had a number 1 whose heart hasn't really looked into doing it for the Lions at any point his year (probably for good reason if what i heard about his testimonial was correct) and after the 'team talk' a couple of weeks ago i guess we know have a whole team that probably now hold similar views.

If the right decisions had been made at the right times we'd have also had a whole lot more people watching at BP. It's not long ago that a junior meeting between Dudley and Leicester was pulling a much bigger (maybe twice the) crowd than last weeks individual but even then the writing was on the wall if things didn't change, they were actually on the wall from the very first meeting ever put on at BP. Rather than reel off excuse after excuse as to why less than 500 people are turning up for a meeting on a beautiful summers sunday evening in July, it's time some people stood back and actually faced the facts as to why no one is going any more. When speedway returned to Leicester a couple of years back it was inconcievable that these type of crowd levels would be happening so little time into the future. It will be interesting to see what crowd our team get watching them in a cool, wet September evening, faced with mid table mediocrity.

Mick.

Edited by volty

I don't think Redcar are catchable personally. I think we are nailed on for 7th. Do they still have the crap team cup as well to go? Is that happening this year? I guess we are either one of the favourites for the crap cup or rank outsiders for the play offs. What's the best option?

Agree with your post, but I don't have a big issue with the management on rider changes, as (I think it was you that said a few weeks ago that) if Roynon hadn't been injured we would've made the top 6. The other points in your post have been done to death, so don't want to go over them again. I have accepted the way things are and I will be happy for the time being if we see more meetings like Ipswich, Somerset & Newcastle. This opinion is probably biased by the thought that no speedway would be devastating. Had forgotten about the Premier challenge for team finishing 7-12th, at least it will give season ticket holders a bit better value than I thought. I just hope the number of non season ticket holders that attend & sponsorship etc is enough to ensure the meetings break even.

Agree with your post, but I don't have a big issue with the management on rider changes, as (I think it was you that said a few weeks ago that) if Roynon hadn't been injured we would've made the top 6. The other points in your post have been done to death, so don't want to go over them again. I have accepted the way things are and I will be happy for the time being if we see more meetings like Ipswich, Somerset & Newcastle. This opinion is probably biased by the thought that no speedway would be devastating. Had forgotten about the Premier challenge for team finishing 7-12th, at least it will give season ticket holders a bit better value than I thought. I just hope the number of non season ticket holders that attend & sponsorship etc is enough to ensure the meetings break even.

don't disagree with what you say Astill Lodge. If Roynon had been fit all year then i still think we'd have been in the box seat. I agree with you re: the team as well. It doesn't bother me if we win or lose as long the riders look like there giving it everything and Leicester is their focus. The point i was trying to make was that if we had serious aspirations to stay in the top 6 then, for whatever reasons, we have missed the opportunities that have been available to make changes.

accepted that i probably didn't need to add the last bit about track but there you go, what's done is done, it's a hard habit to break!

Mick.