British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

If you ask me, which you are probably not but heyho. Nielson ends up on his backside too many times which you don't want in a team event. It's not about personal glory it's about doing well for your team and if that means coming 2nd or 3rd points mean prizes, which is fine in the NL but not in PL it's not a learning league:-) I think we should have recalled SN for the time Edberg was out it would have provided consistency and Simon can ride our track which the other guests struggled with.

Agree with that.

Isn't Simon Neilsen injured?

Steffan Neilsen released by Sumzet? Thats a surprise move - who have they got in to replace him? Agree he falls off a fair bit, and seems to take other riders down when he does - quite often team-mates. Maybe that's why Sumzet have shipped him out - too much of a risk.

I'm not a statto so someone else could know this - but when (presumably) the new averages come into force from 1st Sept. , how far down the pecking order will Nemo drop? Could be he goes down to 4th? It will only be relevant - in the short term anyway - to the Newky away match where we'll likely need to get at least a point, but it would render using R/R more of less out of the question. Or will he be fit again by then?

Anyhow, the reserve situation needs to be sorted once and for all, but it could all be too late - like re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic!

The door at Leicester has opened again more team changes ahead this time due to injuries. The fans will be welcoming back some familiar faces subject to team being approved by bspa I do wonder if a couple of weeks too late

The door at Leicester has opened again more team changes ahead this time due to injuries. The fans will be welcoming back some familiar faces subject to team being approved by bspa I do wonder if a couple of weeks too late

I'm guessing replacing Nemo with Richard Hall. Would there then be enough points to replace Edberg with Tres? It hard to tell what the average of riders not currently with a team are.

• Like 1

I would have expected The Russian Rocket. But if it is scandinavian, that leaves Eklof, Makinen, Neilson. Not sure how averages work out but Eklof & Neilson? To replace Nemo and JS. Too late in the day. Circumstances and timing were wrong to give JS a chance. They did say that he would be at 7 for rest of season when he came in. At this stage you may as well just stick with it.

If you ask me, which you are probably not but heyho. Nielson ends up on his backside too many times which you don't want in a team event. It's not about personal glory it's about doing well for your team and if that means coming 2nd or 3rd points mean prizes, which is fine in the NL but not in PL it's not a learning league:-) I think we should have recalled SN for the time Edberg was out it would have provided consistency and Simon can ride our track which the other guests struggled with.

Simon Nielsen was a Plymouth rider when Edberg got injured. It's only our last 4 meetings that he's been without a team and i think we've had Douglas in twice and Albin and Worral. I think his results may have been slightly better than latter duo but not as good as the former (especially at Redcar when Douglas' two wins arguably put us back in the play offs helping take the full 4 points of our rivals).

You are a bit of a puzzle TMW.. most of your posts deplore the use of journeymen foreign riders taking the reserve places of good up and coming English riders and here you telling telling us that a young English prospect in his first year in the PL who has a few falls because he trying too hard but is averaging near 5 points a meeting isn't worthy of a spot at reserve but a second season foreign reserve who has always been admittedly steady but generally has looked slow is good for a place.

I think you will find it will have more Scandinavian feel to the team

I'm thinking of ex Lions who are scandinavians and i'm not feeling inspired.. At least Eklof might get a few but generally it's uurrghh! Undeniably nice lads though...

Alex Edberg has tweeted he is back on Sat, so it can't be a change for him right?

great news if he's fit. hopefully he'll be testing his injury prior to the meeting this time!!

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Looking at averages, not sure how this will work with a Scandinavian or 2. The massive jump in the latest averages of MK and KD which sees MK as Number 1 just in front of KD means we have less to play with. Left it a too late on the averages front? Neilson ended with Plymouth at 4.41. Eklof ended last season on 6.24? Makinen was at 4.56 at Ipswich? Struggling with this

Scunthorpe race on Saturday, so Douglas would've been unavailable to us, so it's good Edberg is back.

I know it's unlikely, but could we have Edberg & Nielsen at Reserve then name JS at 8 & use him if Edberg is not upto it.

Looking at averages, not sure how this will work with a Scandinavian or 2. The massive jump in the latest averages of MK and KD which sees MK as Number 1 just in front of KD means we have less to play with. Left it a too late on the averages front? Neilson ended with Plymouth at 4.41. Eklof ended last season on 6.24? Makinen was at 4.56 at Ipswich? Struggling with this

i'm guessing they would need to make the change before September. I thought today was the cut off date for changes to have been made for this season and anything after today would need to be only a direct replacement for a injured rider and only then if dispensation is given.

Scunthorpe race on Saturday, so Douglas would've been unavailable to us, so it's good Edberg is back.

I know it's unlikely, but could we have Edberg & Nielsen at Reserve then name JS at 8 & use him if Edberg is not upto it.

We don't have the points to do that. we only have .73 to spare. Simon Nielsen (i'm guessing that is the Nielsen you are talking about) is 1.44 above Sargeant (Stefan is 1.90 above).

Edited by volty

i'm guessing they would need to make the change before September. I thought today was the cut off date for changes to have been made for this season and anything after today would need to be only a direct replacement for a injured rider if dispensation is given.

Good call. New averages come into effect on Sunday. Eklof and Makinen/Neilson fits then.

We don't have the points to do that. we only have .73 to spare. Simon Nielsen (i'm guessing that is the Nielsen you are talking about) is 1.44 above Sargeant (Stefan is 1.90 above).

Ah, yes you're right. With the new averages out for 1/9 do you have to get any new team to fit within those averages (if it was submitted today)or as its not September yet they can fit within the current averages?

Think the above from Glennylion answers my question.

Edited by Astill lodge lion

Team was to be redeclared today the last changes permitted this season hence why Leicester and Somerset have made changes today .