British Speedway Forum

Born in Scunthorpe says a different thing.

So if I was born in a barn would that make me a horse lol

Or jesus :D

But seeing as Scunthorpe is in Great Britain there is no disputing that :t:

• Like 2

Heard Tai is set to be sponsored by Audi as his GP scorecard is highly likely to resemble their logo.

• Like 1

Or jesus :D

But seeing as Scunthorpe is in Great Britain there is no disputing that :t:

still not enough to make him a true Brit in my book.

Heard Tai is set to be sponsored by Audi as his GP scorecard is highly likely to resemble their logo.

Nice one :D Bet the sponsors are beating down the door to be with him :D

still not enough to make him a true Brit in my book.

Born in Britain of British parents and lived his first few years in Britain. What book are you reading!!!

• Like 4

Born in Britain of British parents and lived his first few years in Britain. What book are you reading!!!

Maybe, but never refers to the UK as home, always AUS. A brit when suits him ;)

Maybe, but never refers to the UK as home, always AUS. A brit when suits him ;)

I don't live where I was born and raised. I refer to my present address as home. Does this mean I am no longer from where I thought I was

• Like 2

Well we'll soon see if his inclusion is justified,its the credibility of the series and picks that is my main concern,yes a lot of Monster logos seem to be floating around him,ironically,as pointed out,there's no TV coverage,I don't know how that's gone down with them,dissappointed I'm sure

Oh for christ sake leave Tai alone, he's racing as a brit because that is what he is first and foremost, british parents, grandparents and all that, of course he loves Aus, he was brought up there!!

• Like 6

Oh for christ sake leave Tai alone, he's racing as a brit because that is what he is first and foremost, british parents, grandparents and all that, of course he loves Aus, he was brought up there!!

10,557 posts and finally one that is sensible!!! Of course he is a Brit, like you say born here of British parents makes him such.

Tai may come across as the brash young kid who has an attitude but whatever he is or was, every speedway fan should recognise he has immense talent and in 2013 he has a very good set up and mechanic who has worked with top riders before.

Don't think in his wildest dreams that he thinks he will be a major player in the Series but I seriously think many have under estimated him and I wil be pleased as punch when he has proved many wrong by the end of the year with some decent scores and I think he will make it to at least one final.

He may not make the top 8 but he will be alongside Zagar, Kasprzak and Iversen.

My take on it:

He is British.

He has no chance of making a gp final.

He will finish 15th

On top of that i hope i am proved wrong and he makes finals and finishes higher up.

Is he better than Bomber? Maybe

Does he have Bombers experiance? No

This years field is far superior to last years. Put Bomber in this line up and he to would be 14th or 15th. just shows how bad we have become over the years.

I think particluarly at the temporary stadium tracks he will shock a few. Im going for a podium place at Cardiff coupled with a couple of semi final places at the other temp tracks. Im feeling overly positive this morning

He may not make the top 8 but he will be alongside Zagar, Kasprzak and Iversen.

All three are streets ahead of Tai out of EL racing.

If Jason Crump, born in Britain was to choose to race as a Brit people wouldn't care how much he loved Australia he would still be celebrated as a British World Champion. Unlikely Tai will ever be World Champion but if he was all the critics would fall over themselves to see him as a British World Champion.

• Like 1

10,557 posts and finally one that is sensible!!! Of course he is a Brit, like you say born here of British parents makes him such.

Correct