British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LagutaRacingFan

Gp Challenge Final At Poole In 2013

I am not a fan of Poole, but, on my few visits there for important meetings, they are very good at hosting important meetings. Some other tracks, when they get an important meeting, treat it the same as a regular league match, so that it is not a 'special' occasion.

The problem is geography. For anybody travelling from the northern tracks, the costs increase massively, not just in fuel, but because of the possible requirement for a hotel or lodge room.

Birmingham (on my visits, a really professional, customer-orientated, operation) could have provided an easily-accessible location for the meeting, but, presumably, the track is not FIM standard, and there is a meeting restriction from the council and...

We have good tracks, good promotions, and good locations, but we do not have them in the same place. Such a long drive to Poole!

which is approximately.... never

i would agree, the track at poole has been bad this year at meetings i have been to. needs a fair bit work over the winter really. but i still rather go there as 5 mins down the rd than travel.

May I ask why Poole, does anyone know? Was this simply a case that Mr Ford lobbied for Poole to host it? if so, then fair play to him, good promotion which is his job. Although I hope the track is worked on to ensure it is smooth.

But would the BSPA had any say in awarding to Poole? If so, it seems a strange choice as not exactly easy to get to being on the South Coast, Coventry or Peterborough obvious choices, both good tracks, good stadiums and fairly easy to access from all parts of the country via motorway links.

the last gp qulifier we had in the uk was at coventry.and how often do we get them in the uk, not very ofen, so why o why do so many people keep winging., be gratful its on our shores again, and its the final.
  • Like 3

I am hoping the track will have a complete overhaul because no one can deny it was crap all last season.

I am hoping the track will have a complete overhaul because no one can deny it was crap all last season.

I THINK it already has ...

Its in the throws. And it will be good for next season, AND the GP challenge..

I wanna be there for the GP Challenge.What is the closest Airport from Poole?I or we will be flying from Munich.Do you know if its possible to go to Poole by train or so?I would like to avoid using a rental car if we are not enough guys.And are there any other speedway meetings at that time,not far from Poole?Doesnt matter if its prem or nat league.Thanks heeps!

I wanna be there for the GP Challenge.What is the closest Airport from Poole?I or we will be flying from Munich.Do you know if its possible to go to Poole by train or so?I would like to avoid using a rental car if we are not enough guys.And are there any other speedway meetings at that time,not far from Poole?Doesnt matter if its prem or nat league.Thanks heeps!

Bournemouth if theres a flight taxi from there probably £15 or Southampton Airport, rail link outside the Airport its about £15 by train, stadium 5 mins from Poole station.

Edited by Pirate Nick

Birmingham (on my visits, a really professional, customer-orientated, operation) could have provided an easily-accessible location for the meeting, but, presumably, the track is not FIM standard, and there is a meeting restriction from the council and...

Having just gone on to the greyhound website for Birmingham they race all weekend which would be another obsticale. It is great news we have the challenge meeting down here so hoping to be able to attend.

the last gp qulifier we had in the uk was at coventry.and how often do we get them in the uk, not very ofen, so why o why do so many people keep winging., be gratful its on our shores again, and its the final.

was there not one at berwick last year on the 16th june
  • Like 1

Hiya KKS.