British Speedway Forum
paul90210

Coventry 2013

Hello everyone and thanks for your concern over my sons engines, they did not blow they actually were not running due to the interspan ignitions being fitted incorrectly by his tuner all is fine now. We didn't need to leave until 8 o'clock to get the tunnel we left early as main man said to get back to Poole collect his third bike and another engine and got there on time

• Like 1

thanks for that Dave ..as you know I was rushing round all the boys on the practice and was not sure what had actually happened to the motors but was told they had both blown ....thank god it was not as serious as that!

Phew! Though clearly wearing the wrong colours this season ;) I do like Bren so I'm glad it was not as costly as it could have been. :)

Hello everyone and thanks for your concern over my sons engines, they did not blow they actually were not running due to the interspan ignitions being fitted incorrectly by his tuner all is fine now. We didn't need to leave until 8 o'clock to get the tunnel we left early as main man said to get back to Poole collect his third bike and another engine and got there on time

It was good to see Havvy in Brendan's pit on Friday offering a helping hand, and then tweeting each other afterwards.

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me if there will be any specific 'Storm' merchandise available in the trackshop this season alongside the normal EL items.

i do believe so - our sponsor Gary Drinkwater of City Gearboxes (Coventry) Ltd has offered one of the team coats we have had made with his kind backing with the winners name on in a raffle with all proceeds going to the Storm team. The coats are really smart and will also be provided for the Mercia-Vikings squad and management.

Edited by Main Man

i do believe so - our sponsor Gary Drinkwater of City Gearboxes (Coventry) Ltd has offered one of the team coats we have had made with his kind backing with the winners name on in a raffle with all proceeds going to the Storm team. The coats are really smart and will also be provided for the Mercia-Vikings squad and management.

Thanks for the info, MM. :t:

COVENTRY Storm have announced a double change – with Robert Branford joining the team following an impressive display as a guest last Friday.

19-year-old Branford comes in for broken wrist victim Oliver Greenwood, having scored nine points from four rides in the home fixture against Dudley.

His inclusion means the Storm have to make a second change in order to remain within the 40-point limit, and the second new arrival is 22-year-old Tommy Fenwick, who comes in at reserve after spending his debut National League season with Scunthorpe last year.

The unlucky man to make way is Trevor Heath, who the club wish all the best for the future. The signings have been made in time for the National League opener at Mildenhall on Sunday.

Co-boss Blayne Scroggins said: “Trevor is obviously disappointed, and had we not had the injury to Oliver Greenwood he would still be in the team. He had been struggling but he would have been given more time, but we really didn’t have a choice as we couldn’t go into the league matches using rider-replacement.

“We had to put the team first. We were confident that Olly would have added a point to his average so we had to look for a seven point-plus man because there was no-one out there on Olly’s average who would have done the same, and Robert showed on Friday what he could do.

“Myself, Laurence (Rogers) and Mick (Horton) discussed it and it was a tough decision, but we feel it’s the right one. There was interest elsewhere in Robert so we had to move quickly and we’re delighted to have him with us.

“We had a few options at reserve and I’ve talked to several people who believe Tommy is the best man for the job. It’s always a gamble with a three-pointer but he’s really keen and he spent a lot of last season at No.2 for Scunthorpe. What we want from our reserves is for them to beat their opposite numbers.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

So Coventry.....You've got a rider with a 10.00 average, and a 6.00 away average, and you sack him? Where's the sense in that? Muppets.

• Like 1

Any clearer for you now ??

DUDLEY 62: Ashley Morris 13+1, Paul Starke 13, Lewis Blackbird 12+1, Max Clegg 12+1, Nathan Greaves 7+3, Darryl Ritchings 5+3, Gareth Isherwood r/r.

COVENTRY 30: Robert Branford 14, Joe Jacobs 6, James Sarjeant 4, Luke Crang 3+1, Brendan Johnson 2, Martin Knuckey 1, Ryan Terry-Daley 0.

Edited by morganbike

So Coventry.....You've got a rider with a 10.00 average, and a 6.00 away average, and you sack him? Where's the sense in that? Muppets.

Im confused, the only change Coventry have made is to replace a rider who has quit. Who is this 10 point rider who has been sacked?

Im confused, the only change Coventry have made is to replace a rider who has quit. Who is this 10 point rider who has been sacked?

Sacked Brendan tonight aswell, so that team spirit in the Coventry squad must be going well. Makes you wonder who is out there, who will do better....

Any clearer for you now ??

DUDLEY 62: Ashley Morris 13+1, Paul Starke 13, Lewis Blackbird 12+1, Max Clegg 12+1, Nathan Greaves 7+3, Darryl Ritchings 5+3, Gareth Isherwood r/r.

COVENTRY 30: Robert Branford 14, Joe Jacobs 6, James Sarjeant 4, Luke Crang 3+1, Brendan Johnson 2, Martin Knuckey 1, Ryan Terry-Daley 0.

Because all the riders on show did there job there didn't they.....

Sacked Brendan tonight aswell, so that team spirit in the Coventry squad must be going well. Makes you wonder who is out there, who will do better....

Oliver Greenwood I assume. Frankly, he stands a better chance of riding for the Bees int eh future than Brendon. I've no idea why Brendon was signed in the first place.