British Speedway Forum
paul90210

Coventry 2013

not sure what you mean really, do you think if a rider hasnt got into higher league after say 5 years they should quit.

there would be no national league very quickly as there would not be enough riders

What use is that to Coventry? the numbers are already against a NL rider making it to the EL but to sign this team of riders make no sense what so ever. Jacobs aside I doubt if any of the others will ever make it to the EL. In fact, the PL will be a step to far for most of them!

What use is that to Coventry? the numbers are already against a NL rider making it to the EL but to sign this team of riders make no sense what so ever. Jacobs aside I doubt if any of the others will ever make it to the EL. In fact, the PL will be a step to far for most of them!

I would say your top 3 all have a chance of PL. Where they go from there is anyones guess.

Jacobs probably would have been ready this year

Sarjeant has all the ability in the world, not sure if he has the right advisors though

Greenwood was fantastic in his first full season (And even that wasn't a full season due to injury) and if he stays fit could well be pushing for a PL place in 2014.

I would say your top 3 all have a chance of PL. Where they go from there is anyones guess.

Jacobs probably would have been ready this year

Sarjeant has all the ability in the world, not sure if he has the right advisors though

Greenwood was fantastic in his first full season (And even that wasn't a full season due to injury) and if he stays fit could well be pushing for a PL place in 2014.

Joe Jacobs IS ready this year - Glasgow Tigers!

Joe Jacobs IS ready this year - Glasgow Tigers!

Completely forgot he had signed there!

My point remains valid ;)

Well I'll admit I don't know a huge amount about NL speedway but that team looks pretty rubbish to me. Will surely take something special to take the wooden spoon off them :s

Tell you what mate I'll give you some leeway on the wooden spoon position and offer £5 says Cov finish 6th or higher. I would say we could give our fiver to one of our group to hold to the end of the season but I wouldn't trust any of them not to treat them as beer/burger vouchers. :D

No, I mean that a number of them have reached their level.

Well yes, but not a high number. The reserves are an unknown quantity, the top three have not reached their full potential yet though. I would accept an argument that Bren and Rich won't improve, although I think Bren will improve to over 6 this season. He lost his way a bit (that's probably not the best phrase :unsure: ) for a couple of years but he's got potential to do much better at this level.

With half the EL assets making a bid to make it as a PL rider as well as some of the NL assets you should have a great PL line up within a couple of seasons. ;)

I would agree. That's not a bad looking side with plenty of potential. They may not be up to the strength of IOW, but wooden spooners? Don't think so somehow.

• Like 1

Wooden spoon, dont make me loff, in Jacobs, Greenwood, Sarj <temperament may be suspect> you have potential for all of them to be 8+ riders this season, Brendon, will be looking to get his career back on Track, and Franksy will average his usual 5=, but for me your weakness is at reserve, young Carr would have been my choice for you, but i guess he wouldnt have been your asset, that may be the reason why you didnt sign him, and he would in my opinion be looking to push for a 1 to 5 spot this season, but back to wooden spoonists, there is one Team who currently need to strenghten up, who unfortunately appear much weaker than any other, and it certainly aint Coventry.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 2

I have seen alot of people say which him which him i think u guys should keep a eye on Trevor Heath i think he will do well.

Tell you what mate I'll give you some leeway on the wooden spoon position and offer £5 says Cov finish 6th or higher. I would say we could give our fiver to one of our group to hold to the end of the season but I wouldn't trust any of them not to treat them as beer/burger vouchers. :D
Deal!

Does anyone know when the NL fixtures are gooing to be announced?

draft list out with clubs at the moment ....you know the dates at Cov anyway --Friday nights before the GP's

Wasn't that mostly rather than exclusively? And it doesn't tell you who visits when, and you can't plan away trips. It would be helpful to us poor souls handing over our hard earned to have a full (all clubs as I'm commenting from a Heathens perspective though on the Coventry thread) fixture list ASAP with the season start just a few weeks away now. :)

draft list out with clubs at the moment ....you know the dates at Cov anyway --Friday nights before the GP's

Would that include the British G.P? I'm rather hoping not because quite a lot of fans head to Somerset/Wales for Friday and Saturday. Not me though - I'll be in Dorset and hoping not to miss a National League match as the cottage is booked Friday to Friday.

Edited by Gemini

My problem is that I live in Kent so I want to know when the Storm will be at Sittingbourne. I am already going to miss the Bees away matches at Lakeside and Eastbourne because they are both while I am away on holiday :cry:

Dates will be released as soon as they are all agreed and bspa give the green light to release them

• Like 1