British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

Great attitude , unfortunately these days arrogance like yours gets you a long way in speedway because the idiots running speedway have no principles , by the way non of us know the circumstances of any of the other lads either , That's because they don't air their personal problems in public looking for sympathy and use them as an excuse for selfish and brattish behaviour , I'm sure you think you are some sort of world champion in the making judging by the arrogance of your posts ,and there's something else I'm sure of , speedway takes dedication and skill and the will to carry on when things are not going all your way . all attributes you have already shown you don't have ,so it will be fun going to Loomer road just to watch you fall flat on your face which wont be long , looking forward to your retirement when you find speedway too much like hard work after your first 18 hour round trip to the Isle of Wight .

What a evil jumped up post!!! ive seem quite of bit of him around scunny and im sure he will do well in the NL,good luck!!

I did not know the stadium was owned by Corbetts Sports I thought Tattum owned it, though being there a couple years ago looks like Corbetts have forgotten they own it as well.

I have to ask this one question.

How can someone who uses the nick name Adonis possibly criticise someone else for perceived arrogance. Speaking personally I would not describe Emerson as being even slightly arrogant in nature. A friendly modest young man anxious to be able to acquiit himself well was the view I gained last season when he first emerged at Stoke.

I think we all suffer with disillusion in sport from time to time and speedway is no different. That is not an excuse to so dissmisively abuse a young man who was flexible enough to re-think a decision and brave enough to change his mind. What were you like at 17 Adonis? You thought you knew it all I expect in fact not much different the way you seem see things at the present time.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter
  • Like 7

What were you like at 17 Malcolm, had you grown that ponytail at this stage so as when you joined the Foreign Legion ( corrected for Malcolm) it would keep the sun off ya neck ? Just asking you understand :t:

Edited by semion

What were you like at 17 Malcolm, had you grown that ponytail at this stage so as when you joined the Foreign Legend it would keep the sun off ya neck ? Just asking you understand :t:

But I never tried to be a Foreign Legend.

Serioiusly Lord Nelson wouldnt let me serve on his ship withj a ponytail when I was 17

Malcolm Vasey

But I never tried to be a Foreign Legend.

Serioiusly Lord Nelson wouldnt let me serve on his ship withj a ponytail when I was 17

Malcolm Vasey

sorry Malcolm, I didnt mean to say legend, it was meant to say Leg end :rofl: More like Emma Hamilton than the vicars son from Burnham Thorpe ;)

Being the main man around that area Malcom fancy letting them knock his Jetty down

Edited by semion

Non of you even know me or my circumstances. Im not about letting people down, Therefore I will give it my all this season. Thanks to those who still have faith in me, Guess the rest will have to build a bridge and get over it!!

Good luck Emerson for the forthcoming season !

Re bridges mate , u may have to build a few with your obvious arrogance to the fans !

• Like 1

Good luck Emerson for the forthcoming season !

Re bridges mate , u may have to build a few with your obvious arrogance to the fans !

I'd rather someone with a chip on their shoulder than someone who doesn't believe they have a chance.

why dont people leave emerson alone. he is a young man starting out in speedway and should be encouraged not criticized. good luck emerson,

Glad to see Stoke has confirmed team line up good luck to the team as a whole. Can't wait to see shawns and Emersons pairing riding together. Good mates off track and I'm sure their pairing will be the same on track! Good luck lads and as cradley, sorry now Dudley, let's hammer em. Sorry for the pun Emerson. Malc and Dave many thanks and keep up the good work.

Pity that.

Your serious, intelligent, objective and erudite posts will be greatly missed.

I do hope thts sarcasm man, adonis is a sad onel with a big chip on his shoulder, or an angry dad of a rebuffed ridder. You takes ya choice man

What a evil jumped up post!!! ive seem quite of bit of him around scunny and im sure he will do well in the NL,good luck!!

Well said Montie man, you see through this fool. Lets hope his promise to leave isnt bluff ey :-)

Stourbridge Chronicle today:

Stourbridge speedway hopeful Emerson Jones has pledged to make his team’s supporters proud after doing a career U-turn.

The motocross convert signed up with Stoke during the winter with a view to taking a place in the Potters’ line-up for the 2013 National League season.

He then changed his mind and opted to stick with motocross – only to have another change of heart after talks with Stoke promoter Dave Tattum. Now he’s “100 per cent committed” to the shale sport.

“It was just one of those things where you are stuck between two things and you don’t know which to go for,” said Jones, who turns 19 tomorrow.

“But I’ve chosen speedway and that’s what I am going to do. I am going to be 100 per cent committed.”

Jones admits the chopping and changing may not have got him on the best of footings with the Stoke supporters – but is out to change that.

“They probably think I’m a different person than I am,” he said. “I will try to show them what I am about and do them proud.”

Tattum said: “We were devastated by his decision.

“But we feel he is an extremely talented rider and after leaving things for a few days spoke to him.

“After some dialogue between us he has decided he wants to race speedway after all.”

[quote name=Fourentee'

timestamp='1359017967' post='2238706]

Stourbridge Chronicle today:

Stourbridge speedway hopeful Emerson Jones has pledged to make his

team's supporters proud after doing a career U-turn.

The motocross convert signed up with Stoke during the winter with a view

to taking a place in the Potters' line-up for the 2013 National League

season.

He then changed his mind and opted to stick with motocross only to

have another change of heart after talks with Stoke promoter Dave

Tattum. Now he's "100 per cent committed" to the shale sport.

"It was just one of those things where you are stuck between two things

and you don't know which to go for," said Jones, who turns 19 tomorrow.

"But I've chosen speedway and that's what I am going to do. I am going

to be 100 per cent committed."

Jones admits the chopping and changing may not have got him on the best

of footings with the Stoke supporters but is out to change that.

"They probably think I'm a different person than I am," he said. "I will

try to show them what I am about and do them proud."

Tattum said: "We were devastated by his decision.

"But we feel he is an extremely talented rider and after leaving things

for a few days spoke to him.

"After some dialogue between us he has decided he wants to race speedway

after all."

It's all a little bit publicity machineish and it appears to have done it's job 'no such thing as bad column inches' eh? :)

Edited by TMW

Now guys and gals all in unity and sing "happy birthday Emerson" 19 today and eager to race. Have a great day bud although you'll be sleeping I bet most of the day after working through the night keeping the traffic flowing hey! You selfish arrogant swine you?!!!

Now guys and gals all in unity and sing "happy birthday Emerson" 19 today and eager to race. Have a great day bud although you'll be sleeping I bet most of the day after working through the night keeping the traffic flowing hey! You selfish arrogant swine you?!!!

R bless his cotton socks !

• Like 1