British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Dudley 2013

So, Gareth Isherwood it is!A warm welcome to the Heathens.

Gareth has had very few outings since his back injury so hope he is fully recovered from that and can settle in quickly.

A solid scorer who will be valuable in the middle order (or maybe even more than that if he can avoid injury).

Hope you have a great season.

• Like 2

Ah Gareth, the enigma of many a Stoke team.

On his day, he can beat most in the NL, but you never know when he turns up to the tapes, which Gareth you are getting. If confident, and over his injuries, he could increase his average, but he needs to be more consistent. There was nothing more annoying for a fan than seeing him win his first 2 races, then suddenly miss the gate in his third and trail off at the back, looking like a completely different rider.

Still, good luck to him!

What average does he come in on?

If memory serves, it's around 5.1ish

considering dudley had to lose basically 20 pts they have made some very shrewd signings the only thought i have is the side is excellent but possibly should have kept perry instead of morris

considering dudley had to lose basically 20 pts they have made some very shrewd signings the only thought i have is the side is excellent but possibly should have kept perry instead of morris

yes, I have to agree with you there BB, probably made because possibly a bit more improvement average wise in Ash than in Tom, but i think probably Tom is the more consistant of the 2 riders, and definately the better rider, with regards The final signing I wish him all the best, but i would have preferred a younger rider.

Ah Gareth, the enigma of many a Stoke team.

On his day, he can beat most in the NL, but you never know when he turns up to the tapes, which Gareth you are getting. If confident, and over his injuries, he could increase his average, but he needs to be more consistent. There was nothing more annoying for a fan than seeing him win his first 2 races, then suddenly miss the gate in his third and trail off at the back, looking like a completely different rider.

Still, good luck to him!

Quite true Vog. You could watch Gareth in three races and think that he was a 9 or 6 or 3 point rider. Gareth and his family have done an awful lot for the Stoke set-up in the past and only wish that his form this year reflects the effort he puts in. Good luck Gareth.

• Like 1

I think if any rider is committed and wants to make progress at National League level there can be no better place to ride than Dudley. The track is always well prepared, the set up is professional in all respects, there is a World Champion on hand to offer advice, there is backing available through sponsors, 50/50 lotteries and fans who will simply put their hands in their pockets to help. The level of support both home and away is amazing.

I think all the lads we have signed this year have the potential to improve and I wish them well. It would be great to see them all put a point on their averages. As far as Lewis and Paul are concerned I think they will be aiming higher than that.

The Management have done a great job in putting this side together after having to lose so many points and I, for one, can't wait for the tapes top go up on 9th April.

Ommer 'em Dudley!

• Like 1

Dudley Heathens 2013 Team

1. Ashley Morris (8.51)

2. Dan Greenwood (5.90)

3. Gareth Isherwood (5.03)

4. Paul Starke (5.70)

5. Lewis Blackbird (7.01)

6. Max Clegg (4.54)

7. Nathan Greave (3.00)

I think we have the right balance we have riders who could all improve their averages and we have a team that is well balanced and has strength all over! We have a 8pt, 7pt almost a 6pt two 5pts and the reserves.

Going to a be a closer season this year for sure!

• Like 1

Dudley Heathens 2013 Team

1. Ashley Morris (8.51)

2. Dan Greenwood (5.90)

3. Gareth Isherwood (5.03)

4. Paul Starke (5.70)

5. Lewis Blackbird (7.01)

6. Max Clegg (4.54)

7. Nathan Greave (3.00)

I think we have the right balance we have riders who could all improve their averages and we have a team that is well balanced and has strength all over! We have a 8pt, 7pt almost a 6pt two 5pts and the reserves.

Going to a be a closer season this year for sure!

I'd take Stoke's middle order (Kyle Hughes, Luke Chessell and Luke Priest) over yours, but I think Greaves and Clegg at reserve for you will make all the difference

Coventry Strom v Dudley Heathens on 22nd March 2013

Dudley Heathens v Coventry Storm on 9th April 2013

First Fixtures of new season! What you think about that, Coventry Strom will have bigger attendance than the Bees in the first meeting of the season...Good Derby Match and a nice fixture for the fans of the good old days!

• Like 2

Just been annouced that Heathens will face Buxton in the Knock Out Cup!

All Fixtures in the KOC

Kent v Isle of Wight

Mildenhall v Coventry

Stoke v King’s Lynn

Dudley v Buxton

No dateS as of yet...

P.S Bit quiet around here recently!

Edited by Hunty

Basically the draw has been done on a regional basis, why dont the powers that be just say that, as for dates, why doesnt the NL use it as a seasonal Opener, then go into League meetings.

• Like 1

If it was done on a regional basis, why wasnt Stoke & Dudley put together, and Mildenhall & Kings Lynn put together?.

If it was done on a regional basis, why wasnt Stoke & Dudley put together, and Mildenhall & Kings Lynn put together?.

Last year Dudley had Buxton so that's the same. Isle of Wight had Rye House who are essentially Kent, again the same. Now they have to mix it up somehow so Mildenhall couldn't have King's Lynn as they had them last year, and Stoke had Scunthorpe so obviously they have to have a different team. I'm sure the BSPA don't want two 'main' standalone teams meeting each other in round 1, and Dudley already have challenge meetings arranged with Coventry and may race Stoke again in the Staffordshire cup (or something!), so Mildenhall get Coventry.

Last years semis were Mildenhall vs Isle of Wight and Dudley vs Stoke, arguably the 4 biggest standalone teams in the league so they had to be kept apart at round 1 (which has happened again) and allows for 'local' sides to meet further in the competition. A cynical view I know, and the concept I have no issue with, just why can't the BSPA be open and say the cup is regionalised to save money?

• Like 2