British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton

just what is the future at buxton i just hope things can be sorted to see them at the tapes in 2013,just what they can do to atract more people to attend .it seems to me not many locals attend and that must be somthing to look at getting more buxton people interested.i sometimes call to a pub in buxton after meetings and have been asked by people who see me looking at the programe were the speedway is they are surprised that they have no idea that it was there. most have said oh we used to go to belle vue years ago,but had never seen any posters addvertising buxton speedway so perhaps that could be something to look at .i just hope they can get over there problems.

Edited by bw double

I really hope something can be done Jayne, either a senior club could invest in some way, or investigate some alternative income streams, possibly a couple of Mobile homes with those lovely views over the peaks. I know its not the whole answer, but at £250+ plus per week, it could make the difference between running or not.

I cut my teeth on CL racing way back in the 90's when Club CH rode there after Cradley @ Stoke shut at Loomer Road so I hope the news is good on Saturday as I want the Hitmen back at Monmore Wood in 2013 (I love the Race Jacket)..........if not thanks to all at High Edge for some wonderful times, races, views and, of course, Jon Amstrong, Adam Allott, Dean Felton, James Mann, Rob Branford, Jason Garrity, Nick Morris to name but a few over the years!!!!!

Really hope Buxton do come back to the tapes next season, great club! Maybe have some standout car stickers for window and one for doors saying Follow me to Buxton Speedway, 3pm start! Try anything to catch the locals eye!

I'm no expert but perhaps getting one of the riders with their bikes to a local school or two to get the kids interested would help. Dish out some free passes to the kids. If they come along they will need to bring their parents with them; at full price of course!

How about a discount for season ticket holders at other tracks? I always go when Dudley are there and may be tempted on a nice sunny day if there is a bit off to go towards the petrol.

I'm sure there is nothing new here and that Jayne has considered them before.

Anyway best of luck to all at Buxton and I hope they will be back next year - a nice little set up (as long as you remember to take a warm coat!)

I really hope that either some investment or additional revenue has been identified to secure the long term future of the club. It's working wonders on a shoestring and deserves some reward for all the work that's been put in over the years. I'm very hopeful, having seen the Buxton name appear on the BSPA website on the National League 2013 Team Announcements page, that we will see the club compete again in the coming season. :t:

I was hoping we would have heards some news by now, but i need to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz,s

Buxton are running next season

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

Dont you just love mobile phones

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE