Fast Freddie Challenge - Sunday 10th March, 5pm @ Monmore Green

Was he on the track spare?

Davey watts bike

Well Wheres Your Money Going This Year!

Poole??? Ward???

Austrailia???

That Kids a Boy Wonder!

Can you throw a stone at Brum?

Can you be grateful someone brought the updates in the freezing weather. Thanks for confirming all i know about you.

Well that was a LONG and bitterly cold meeting.

Track looked great until after one heat had been ridden and then it was just too deep and barely rideable.

Why they didn't scrape the thick shale off after heat 4 i just don't know.

There was a handful of heats with a bit of a battle in them whilst it was mostly mistakes that saw passes.

It seemed clear that only the few looked interested in making a meeting of it with quite a few heats spread out and no trying in 3rd and 4th. A lot of times the 4th placed finisher slowed down after the the 3rd lap and went straight to the pits. Shame that the weather and conditions turned what should have been a star studded line up into a glorified try out for some.

But a good sized crowd for Freddie showed how well respected he is - Poole, Eagles, Oxford, Aces and Polish jackets were spotted besides the obvious Midlands teams.

Firstly, well done to all the riders who must have been as froze as the supporters were for turning out for Freddie.

Nearly EVERYONE was talking about Darcy. All mostly in the positive that his off track Oz court case should be the kick he needs.

He was boooed when it was announced he was replacing Pedersen (pantomine of course) but received a fair response on parade.

However on track whilst a little lack lustre in his 2nd and 3rd ride (a 2nd when Tai lifted allowed him into 2nd place) he did the business twice over Hans in heats 20 and the run off after Hans gated both times.

Who else shone?? Besides those 2 Freddie looked awesome in a couple of heats, Woffy may have been on the rostrum if he hadn't fell 2nd time out,

Others who did ok? Scottie had 2 good wins, Rory started well then faded, Neils was either good or at the back and both PK and troy had their moments.

The rest? Nicolai besides a surprise win in heat 1 was as we expected. Davey had bike problems all night, Harris was very subdued, Kasprzak did little of note. Adam was on Tai`s bike all night (no idea why) and looked a complete novice (and i am being kind to Sqora!)

Special mentions to Ludvig who did admirably in such a strong field whilst Jacob looked decent in the 2 rides he had and was leading Ludvig by a clear margin in his first ride until he lost it on the 4th bend.

And that leaves AJ - hope he is ok as he was down a while. Had a classy 2nd win but fell in front of Freddie and his night was over. However great to see him at Monmore.

Sadly he weather put paid to what could have been a brilliant meeting as constant drizzle and snow had set in and the big problem was that it had frozen in. When it was cut up and moved, it wasn't thawing and the wet sloppy top surface caused problems in the early heats. When this was moved off the track was better but left a few soft patches ..... this was found by AJ (hopefully he is ok and not too shaken)

Sadly this meant a delay to proceedings and in such cold weather, it was hard to keep motivated even with a great line up in front of you. Some sadly left after 8 heats while most huddled in the stadium. Eventually the racing started again and moved along quite well with Hans Andersen continuing to look good while Darcy was literally just enjoying himself until his last ride. Now with a chance of winning, he passed Hans in heat 20 to set up a run off and then rode a brave outside line to pass Hans and run off to victory.

Freddie fully deserved his big day and it was just a shame the cold weather put a damper on the day.

What a crap night, today I introduced some newbies to the sport thinking that at least with a testimonial the riders normally go out to put on a show, they won't be back, the paying public have had the p*** taken out of them today/night.

If the track was bad then why was nothing done at 3pm today? We had riders leaving the track in the middle of races, an absolute farce. Some riders let Freddie down today, would rather seen National League riders out there having track time.

I actually feel sorry for Freddie, massive crowd with fans from all over there, but folk leaving early due to ridiculous delays and cold weather, then the prat on the centre green announcing its cold for the riders as well, not just the fans

How could they put on a show in the early heats ?. The track wasn't great and any mistake gave away big gaps and some were experiencing bike problems ..... I'm sure Davey Watt didn't plan on his chain snapping on the starting line.

This would have been the perfect meeting for any newbie to attend had the weather not been so cold that it affected the track conditions. Hopefully you would have explained to them that this was not the normal circumstances and the act Wolves consistantly win or be nominated as the best track proves that.

A meeting in early March was always a gamble weatherwise.

He wasn't!

That`s what i was told. Who`s bike was it then with number one on?

He's own bike. The number is only on using press studs and is quite normal for all riders to have 1-7.

He's own bike. The number is only on using press studs and is quite normal for all riders to have 1-7.

Aaah. Then i was given wrong information.

That makes it even more alarming.

What a crap night, today I introduced some newbies to the sport thinking that at least with a testimonial the riders normally go out to put on a show, they won't be back, the paying public have had the p*** taken out of them today/night. If the track was bad then why was nothing done at 3pm today? We had riders leaving the track in the middle of races, an absolute farce. Some riders let Freddie down today, would rather seen National League riders out there having track time.

I actually feel sorry for Freddie, massive crowd with fans from all over there, but folk leaving early due to ridiculous delays and cold weather, then the prat on the centre green announcing its cold for the riders as well, not just the fans.

Just not AJ's injuries are not too serious, looked nasty.

100% correct!

Can you be grateful someone brought the updates in the freezing weather. Thanks for confirming all i know about you.

Well that was a LONG and bitterly cold meeting.

Track looked great until after one heat had been ridden and then it was just too deep and barely rideable.

Why they didn't scrape the thick shale off after heat 4 i just don't know.

There was a handful of heats with a bit of a battle in them whilst it was mostly mistakes that saw passes.

It seemed clear that only the few looked interested in making a meeting of it with quite a few heats spread out and no trying in 3rd and 4th. A lot of times the 4th placed finisher slowed down after the the 3rd lap and went straight to the pits. Shame that the weather and conditions turned what should have been a star studded line up into a glorified try out for some.

But a good sized crowd for Freddie showed how well respected he is - Poole, Eagles, Oxford, Aces and Polish jackets were spotted besides the obvious Midlands teams.

Firstly, well done to all the riders who must have been as froze as the supporters were for turning out for Freddie.

Nearly EVERYONE was talking about Darcy. All mostly in the positive that his off track Oz court case should be the kick he needs.

He was boooed when it was announced he was replacing Pedersen (pantomine of course) but received a fair response on parade.

However on track whilst a little lack lustre in his 2nd and 3rd ride (a 2nd when Tai lifted allowed him into 2nd place) he did the business twice over Hans in heats 20 and the run off after Hans gated both times.

Who else shone?? Besides those 2 Freddie looked awesome in a couple of heats, Woffy may have been on the rostrum if he hadn't fell 2nd time out,

Others who did ok? Scottie had 2 good wins, Rory started well then faded, Neils was either good or at the back and both PK and troy had their moments.

The rest? Nicolai besides a surprise win in heat 1 was as we expected. Davey had bike problems all night, Harris was very subdued, Kasprzak did little of note. Adam was on Tai`s bike all night (no idea why) and looked a complete novice (and i am being kind to Sqora!)

Special mentions to Ludvig who did admirably in such a strong field whilst Jacob looked decent in the 2 rides he had and was leading Ludvig by a clear margin in his first ride until he lost it on the 4th bend.

And that leaves AJ - hope he is ok as he was down a while. Had a classy 2nd win but fell in front of Freddie and his night was over. However great to see him at Monmore.

Thanks stevebrum. How did Hans Andersen ride?

• Like 1

Just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Fast Freddie Challenge yesterday evening.

Obviously with the bitterly cold weather and the poor track conditions it wasn't a superb meeting but there was little that could be done about the weather and luckily we managed to get the meeting completed.

Thank you to all those who contributed to an excellent turn-out for Freddie. He was extremely happy with the attendance and he is truly thankful to all those who were at Monmore Green.

• Like 1

Thanks stevebrum. How did Hans Andersen ride?

He was the front runner till heat 20. Gated well and looked decent.

Hans was in `home kit` whilst Troy was sporting the new look `away kit`.

Must admit, they look good.

What a crap night, today I introduced some newbies to the sport thinking that at least with a testimonial the riders normally go out to put on a show, they won't be back, the paying public have had the p*** taken out of them today/night. If the track was bad then why was nothing done at 3pm today? We had riders leaving the track in the middle of races, an absolute farce. Some riders let Freddie down today, would rather seen National League riders out there having track time.

I actually feel sorry for Freddie, massive crowd with fans from all over there, but folk leaving early due to ridiculous delays and cold weather, then the prat on the centre green announcing its cold for the riders as well, not just the fans.

Just not AJ's injuries are not too serious, looked nasty.

Firstly congratulations Freddie on a richly deserved testimonial,a great servant to British speedway.Unfortunately I was one of those who left at 7 o'clock after seeing only 9 heats,judging by the empty spaces on the car park I wasn't the only one.I can appreciate it may have been a little cringe worthy to introduce someone new to the sport on Sunday. What was one of the best ever fields assembled at Monmore in front of a big crowd was devoid of any racing or entertainment.The track didn't look too bad but after a couple of heats you could see it was no good,unfortunately once the shale kicked up it became deep and heavy and since the specification changes came in to the silencers, deep tracks are simply unrideable. Unfortunately with only 8 heats in roughly 2 hours we had to endure the centre green's presenters 3rd rate comic / dance routine.That little nugget that"it was just as cold for the riders as the fans" was the last straw as we endued a 40 minute delay in the freezing cold.