British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

The unfortunate rider to make way is Sam Woods who suffered tendon damage to his shoulder in a crash at Mildenhall last Sunday, “We would like to wish Sam all

the best and thank him for his efforts both on and off track especially helping promote the club. It is unfortunate that someone has to make way, it’s a numbers

game and Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future. We would also like to wish Sam a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury” said Kings Team manager

John Sampford. Would this be the answer your'e seeking . it is hidden in all it's glory on the front page of the Kent website , maybe I can help with a little explanation .... Sam Is not coming Back !!! for those of you who have difficulty reading the clubs website .Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future

Thanks JTW. This does start to give a new dimension to what Sam Woods future is? Or do I misunderstand this as well? :sad:

Thanks JTW. This does start to give a new dimension to what Sam Woods future is? Or do I misunderstand this as well? :sad:

It looks on the face of it to be relatively straightforward really. (1) The team needs improving as there are too many rookies, meaning they always lose, and the averages now allow this (2) David Mason is available (3) Sam Woods is injured (4) David Mason replaces Sam Woods to strengthen the team (5) Sam Woods is seen by all at Kent as a good lad who has potential, and when he is fit he will have an opportunity to compete for a place in the team with the other rookies.

• Like 1

Or will - as this is speedway - he won't get back in the side BECAUSE HIS AVERAGE IS TOO HIGH although a rider of lesser ability will stay in the team?

I am not saying Sam Woods' average is too high...I was just theorising.

Hmm, kinda tricky replying to your postings when you say something then immediately claim you, er, didn't say it!!!!!

The unfortunate rider to make way is Sam Woods who suffered tendon damage to his shoulder in a crash at Mildenhall last Sunday, “We would like to wish Sam all

the best and thank him for his efforts both on and off track especially helping promote the club. It is unfortunate that someone has to make way, it’s a numbers

game and Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future. We would also like to wish Sam a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury” said Kings Team manager

John Sampford. Would this be the answer your'e seeking . it is hidden in all it's glory on the front page of the Kent website , maybe I can help with a little explanation .... Sam Is not coming Back !!! for those of you who have difficulty reading the clubs website .Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future

It looks on the face of it to be relatively straightforward really. (1) The team needs improving as there are too many rookies, meaning they always lose, and the averages now allow this (2) David Mason is available (3) Sam Woods is injured (4) David Mason replaces Sam Woods to strengthen the team (5) Sam Woods is seen by all at Kent as a good lad who has potential, and when he is fit he will have an opportunity to compete for a place in the team with the other rookies.

Hmm, kinda tricky replying to this one - two claims being made in regard to Sam Woods future with Kent Kings.

I do appreciate your reply TMW. However, I wonder how Sam Woods will fit into the scheme of things at Kent Kings when he has recovered and if the present squad all escape track accidents? Or will - as this is speedway - he won't get back in the side BECAUSE HIS AVERAGE IS TOO HIGH although a rider of lesser ability will stay in the team?

I am not saying Sam Woods' average is too high...I was just theorising. As usual an excellent reply from you - my thanks. It may well be as you say (although Sam is not included on the website Kent Kings' averages). I just want to know where he will fit in to the Kent Kings' plans when he is fit to resume. No more than that.

Hmm, kinda tricky replying to your postings when you say something then immediately claim you, er, didn't say it!!!!!

I know you love to try an trip me up and rather foolishly I always bite your bait. In my first comment I still claim that it only theory/conjecture on my part - especially as per Kent Kings' website no average is given for Sam Woods, just those of the riders who will make up the squad until the next averages are released.

Secondly, I did not claim to have not said something: I said that when I wrote my original post that it was purely then theory on my part - a conjecture that if he had an average better than a rider brought into replace where would he stand. You answered me by explaining the averages and I accepted that opinion from you.

P1928 - may I say, purely to end this debate I bow to your superior knowledge and that in regard to speedway happenings I am just an old bumbler who doesn't know what he's talking about. :neutral:

Hmm, kinda tricky replying to this one - two claims being made in regard to Sam Woods future with Kent Kings.

Who are making these claims you speak of? I was simply trying to explain what I think has happened based on my experience of seeing dozens of these types of changes across all clubs every season, and a reasonably transparent announcement on the club's website.

Edited by JC!

P1928 - may I say, purely to end this debate I bow to your superior knowledge and that in regard to speedway happenings I am just an old bumbler who doesn't know what he's talking about. :neutral:

Well at least you got the last sentence right :-) Hot milk and blanket time

Who are making these claims you speak of? I was simply trying to explain what I think has happened based on my experience of seeing dozens of these types of changes across all clubs every season, and a reasonably transparent announcement on the club's website.

Gosh! I was merely trying to relate the remarks you made in comparison to what Jim The Whipper had also found. You said - 5) Sam Woods is seen by all at Kent as a good lad who has potential, and when he is fit he will have an opportunity to compete for a place in the team with the other rookies.

This reflects to me that Sam Woods has a future with Kings whereas what Jim The Whipper posts is a contradiction. His Post said: The unfortunate rider to make way is Sam Woods who suffered tendon damage to his shoulder in a crash at Mildenhall last Sunday, “We would like to wish Sam all the best and thank him for his efforts both on and off track especially helping promote the club. It is unfortunate that someone has to make way, it’s a numbers game and Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future. We would also like to wish Sam a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury” said Kings Team manager John Sampford. Would this be the answer your'e seeking . it is hidden in all it's glory on the front page of the Kent website , maybe I can help with a little explanation .... Sam Is not coming Back !!! for those of you who have difficulty reading the clubs website .

Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future

Well at least you got the last sentence right :-) Hot milk and blanket time

Yes, as a comparative newcomer to speedway I do seem to be increasingly losing my way in regard to the sport and what has gone on in it and what is happening at the present time!

Edited by Guest

Good grief, who kicked your kennel today? I really hope you manage to get some sleep tonight with all of the worry you seem to be having about this.

Edited by JC!

Good grief, who kicked your kennel today? I really hope you manage to get some sleep tonight with all of the worry you seem to be having about this.

Another one after me!!!!

Seriously, I am not likely to lose any sleep at all over speedway. It's just that I am defending my opinion.

Edited by Guest

Another one after me!!!!

Seriously, I am not likely to lose any sleep at all over speedway. It's just that I am defending my opinion.

'After you' - I seriously would not flatter yourself that I have the remotest interest.

Steve Boxall scored 13 +1 guesting for Isle of Wight in tonight's 54-39 defeat of visitors King's Lynn.

And he only scored 9 on Monday - did I see that he was unable to see off two (2) Premier League riders one of whom he will meet on their home track in defence of his Bronze Helmet. I believe that I also saw Ben Morley defeat both of those two PL riders on Monday, or did Steve just have an off-day? Pure conjecture, but were all 7 of the team to click on the same evening may someone help the opposition.

• Like 1

To be fair to Steve it was just his gating that was not quite up to his usual standard .This could have been to do with his bike set up on the track condition at the gate ,,The track was so slick as to make passing even by Steve,s standards extremely difficult ,and the riders in front of him are no mugs for the taking ..Ben Morley on the other hand was making lightning gates ,except in heat 13 where he trapped in front but lifted due to the throttle he had on.... Steve is a fantastic rider to have in the team we are lucky to have such an exciting rider... But is still bound to ,like any rider have a slightly off day.. Hes till scored 9 from 4

To be fair to Steve it was just his gating that was not quite up to his usual standard .This could have been to do with his bike set up on the track condition at the gate ,,The track was so slick as to make passing even by Steve,s standards extremely difficult ,and the riders in front of him are no mugs for the taking ..Ben Morley on the other hand was making lightning gates ,except in heat 13 where he trapped in front but lifted due to the throttle he had on.... Steve is a fantastic rider to have in the team we are lucky to have such an exciting rider... But is still bound to ,like any rider have a slightly off day.. Hes till scored 9 from 4

This stirs memories for me of when Vic Duggan was such an "invincible rider" for Harringay in the 1947 season that if he even got beaten once in a match it used to make the pages of the daily newspapers.

Yes, as a comparative newcomer to speedway I do seem to be increasingly losing my way in regard to the sport and what has gone on in it and what is happening at the present time!

A comparative newcomer...?!

Funny then that you posted THIS the other day!!

The best speedway racing I ever saw was on the New Cross track - when I first went there in 1946 it was just 262 yards - track record 58 seconds held by George Newton. Great stuff.