British Speedway Forum

Why don't they just start the meeting at 6am on Sunday, so I can watch it at 6pm on Saturday?

It's not good enough.

• Like 4

Why don't they just start the meeting at 6am on Sunday, so I can watch it at 6pm on Saturday?

It's not good enough.

Those were the days.

We British ruled the World. :t::approve: :approve: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Those were the days.

We British ruled the World. :t::approve: :approve: :rofl: :rofl:

They should be bending over backwards to accommodate us.

After all, we gave them the Queens English and learnt them how to talk proper.

• Like 4

It's not good enough.

Not as daft as it sounds. They have played champions league finals finishing at close to 1AM to accommodate western TV so why not a SGP!!!!!!!!!!!

Not as daft as it sounds. They have played champions league finals finishing at close to 1AM to accommodate western TV so why not a SGP!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good to me.

after all - America do it for the Boxing.

Bigger sports to bigger audiences thats why

Bigger sports to bigger audiences thats why

I know.

It can be done though and THAT is what I was getting at.

Well, if you can convince the nimbys to allow it at that hour, underwrite bill buckley for any losses incurred running a meeting at that hour, and run the european gps at an nz friendly viewing hour - you might just have a deal.

Otherwise a 6am rise with a can of htfu should do the trick for you northern hemisphere light weights. ;)

I shall just record it and play it back at the time I want, avoiding ang media sources that will give me the result before I view it, which will not take much doing. The result might be on Sky News but absolutely no chance of seeing it on BBC News as they do not appear to know speedway even exist.

• Like 1

A couple of articles from the nz herald in the lead up to tis.

obviously the news that Gollob has withdran from the series hasn't made it this far yet!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11219765

and Briggo's view:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11228770

Thank you for posting this. The interview with Briggo is really insightful and increases my already huge regard for him. We shall not see his like again. Sad that he thinks this will be the last GP at Western Springs. Hope springs eternal. Regards. Alan.

Fingers crossed its not the last one, but I will be making the most of Saturday in case it is. Hopefully an evening meeting will encourage a few more locals to come down to watch it, and the weather remsins as brillisnt as it has been the last couple of weeks.

Tbh, its not just the gp but all speedway at risk at the springs, with a distinct possibility that 2017 might be the last year for motorsport, which would be a travesty.

Last time I saw a reigning british world champion live would have been lee in 81, so loking fwd to seeing tai in action. Darcy was superb here last time so hopefully the track is conducive to good racing, and that gate 1 doesnt give the huge advantage it did ladt year.

obviously the news that Gollob has withdran from the series hasn't made it this far yet!

and Briggo's view:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11228770

120 riders remembered at a speedway museum that have died while racing (I presume). Thats 1,5 on average between 1930-2013. :neutral:

First paragraph of this article has a obvious mistake so did not bother reading the rest!!!

Edited by diamond@heart