British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seanmuffe

Aldermaston ?

surely any potential investor would be looking to eventually step up into at least premier league , 14 meetings a year would prevent that . also weekday racing in the NL?? . it's much easier to build a NL team with weekend racing from a work point of view and I would think to most riders /mechanics preferable

When I read the article, it seemed to suggest that the council would not support more than 14 meetings a year. I took that to mean automatic support. But a full application could go for more meetings couldn't it? With good reasons to back up why the sport may need more than 14. After all, 14 is an arbitary figure. Just a thought. :unsure:

When I read the article, it seemed to suggest that the council would not support more than 14 meetings a year. I took that to mean automatic support. But a full application could go for more meetings couldn't it? With good reasons to back up why the sport may need more than 14. After all, 14 is an arbitary figure. Just a thought. :unsure:

sure thing and even if they couldn't get more it's good news to have a potential new track anyway , I dont see why they think speedway should be moved to weekdays though , those of us who have lads in the NL understand well enough that getting time off for midweek meetings is already hard enough , without adding another midweek team if it's not necessary , of course theres always some who will think that because they can get off work at 4.30 and make it to 1 meeting a week ,that its easy for young lads and their dads/ mechanics to keep taking days off work .

• Like 1