British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Channon's pronounciation of Gary Line-acre....I mean someone in the studio must have had a word and said "come on Mick all the folks at home,your co-commentators,Mrs Lineker,Jose Gonzalez the spanish tv commentator,Mario Baldinio the Italian tv commentator,Garys mum + dad and uncle tom cobbly and all say Lineker!!!Why do you insist on pronouncing it different to the rest of the world mate?"or something along those lines.Or did they not bother,i wonder?

Lol Lol Lol

The voice over guy on eurosport is I admit no harry hill BUT I am growing to like all his george bush language foul ups. That's IMO by the way.

You have to laugh or you'd go crazy.

It's been revealed on the Parken GP thread that the 'empty head' is a guy called Tony Carter and it would appear that his verbal gaffs are not unique to Speedway coverage. :cry:

He sounded as if he was on crack.

Made Sudden Sam sound like one of the centuries great orators.

Apart from diving me half insane with his babbling drivel he made me laugh that he did not even know where the GP was.

It was lucky the GP was not sponsored by Durex.

'Welcome back to Durex' would have been hilarious. :)

And just for the record SKY p#sses all over Eurosport with GP coverage.

Yes it's basically the same as it's the world feed but SKY at least presented a reasonably proffesional analysis even if the had Gary and Sam.

Eurosport just let loose an over hyperactive idiot who seems high on drugs.

Eurosports coverage is better than sky. We see all the meeting instead of a studio with Heuwen (bloody awful) havelock (duhhhh) and ermolenko (pants).

• Like 2

Eurosports coverage is better than sky. We see all the meeting instead of a studio with Heuwen (bloody awful) havelock (duhhhh) and ermolenko (pants).

Really? Sky used to go to a studio. Eurosport give us the inane happy clapper guy who doesn't have a clue. Give me skys studio every time.

Just keep giving me speedway to watch, I'll live with the shortcomings, although that Carter fella wound me up last night I'm over it now and feeling grateful that I was able to see the meeting at all, never mind it being live, Eurosport have pulled us armchair viewers right out of the cart this year, long may it continue.

• Like 1

Really? Sky used to go to a studio. Eurosport give us the inane happy clapper guy who doesn't have a clue. Give me skys studio every time.

And give me Eurosports coverage everytime, it's all about opinions isnt it , that said I thought the guy was much much better last night seemed to have much more get up and go than in previous weeks. And they do treat us as adults, if someone says a naughty word on sky its "oh we are so sorry", on eurosport not a mention of it. At the end of the day no one presentation will suit everybody.

• Like 1

Can live with the mispronounceations. But the the mistakes he makes are laughable. Twice last night he said Darcy Ward in yellow charging round the outside to take the lead when Darcy was in Red charging up the inside and rider in yellow was at the back. If its the same bloke who was with Scotty Nicholls at Cardiff he did say it was his first live speedway event but really...... Give me Keith Huewen and Uncle Sam any day.Sam may have some annoying Americanisms but he knew what he was talking about.

i am about to watch the 1.5 hour edited version on sunday night...this is preferable to recording the entire prog 'live' IMV...it's just a shame the 2.5 hrs hiatus at RH last night couldn't also have been edited to make it more acceptable!

Keith heuwen and his wig are bloody terrible ,steven hawking or lester piggot could do a better job.

Can live with the mispronounceations. But the the mistakes he makes are laughable. Twice last night he said Darcy Ward in yellow charging round the outside to take the lead when Darcy was in Red charging up the inside and rider in yellow was at the back. If its the same bloke who was with Scotty Nicholls at Cardiff he did say it was his first live speedway event but really...... Give me Keith Huewen and Uncle Sam any day.Sam may have some annoying Americanisms but he knew what he was talking about.

It's not the same bloke.

Personally I prefer the Eurosport presentation at least we get to see the introductions and we`ve seen all the presentations at the end so far... Who wants to see Sam in the studio ?

• Like 1

Eurosport every time. The guy in the studio was different, less posh but he didn't drive me around the bend like Ermolenko who sat on the fence and took a lot of words to say very little. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

Hope Sky stick with British speedway, but also hope it is one big league next year. Scunthorpe and Somerset were the best two meetings this year, but KL next Weds was good. Prefer Tuesday or Wednesday night matches too. The missus likes her soaps on a Monday...which made Mondays at Smallmead a good night to go out!

Edited by remembertheracers

it's all about opinions isnt it ,

Yep. according to Pearson, several times. So I guess every time there is a contentious decision, we will now have to put up with fence sitter Pearson using the same phrase 'it's all about opinions'.

but also hope it is one big league next year.

No way. They tried that a few years ago, and shafted the then National League to save the British League. There was a promise of the top rider sbeing shared around, and I don't recall that happening back then and won't again next time, because how can a smaller Premier League club afford the likes of Holder or Ward, or even compete realistically.

One big league stimply does not work.

Elite League got itself into a mess, then it needs to get itself out of the mess.

• Like 1