British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Would Crowds Increase If Speedway Was Not On Television

Tsunami

They may well do them, but they have never promoted the sport to me!

I get promo emails and flyers from the NEC.

From Valentines day shops (Flowers, cards, pressies)

Pizza outlets, Indians, Italians

Builders, window cleaners.

+ All sorts of wierd stuff via groupon

texts & emails, from all sorts of places

NOTHING FROM SPEEDWAY.

I travel the country working (Not all of it) Have seen posters advertising Somerset Speedway.

M

I posted this before - but here goes

1. offer tickets at £5 but you have to register for them - name, email, etc

2. Then you know who is remotely interested in speedway in the area and you can target promotions etc accurately

3. you're not sending out leaflets that get binned or talking to people who will never attend you are targeting your marketing with a simple sprat to catch a mackerel trick

having said all that unless you drop admission prices people won't come which means dropping what you pay riders which means machinery must be cheaper.

people will post saying make the product better and they will come. Well they won't - we're in recession and entertainment goes first.

We all know why a speedway meeting takes two hours plus...

It is so we think that we are getting value for money...because when its raining they can bash out 15 heats in an hour, I was at Wolves v Birmingham back in August 2011 and the meeting was finished by 8.30pm!

So a meeting can be run in under an hour and anyone who says it can't is talking rubbish (accidents excluded)

• Like 2