British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

British Under 21 Semi _plymouth Sat March 16th

[quote name=Jonny the spud'

timestamp='1363615672' post='2254372]

The home team refused to ride on their press and practice day as they

deemed the track unsafe. Where does that leave your argument ?

On the fact that 4 or 5 lads in the field didn't fall once.

7 heats finished with two riders I think one heat finished with one. Heat ten was restarted 4 times

Funny how a lot of criticism comes from people who weren't actually there

7 heats finished with two riders I think one heat finished with one. Heat ten was restarted 4 times

• Like 1

Thing is "young lads" with little experience will be pushovers unfortunately as they possibly would be afraid of an authority figure saying they HAD to ride. Says it all really that PL riders refused but the Under 21 were made to ride. Fortunately no one was injured.

• Like 1

Last seasons U21 semi final, was held at Stoke and abandoned after just 12 heats.In those 12 heats there were 9 reruns,8 heats had 3 or less finishers, heat 12 had only one rider completing the four laps.

Perhaps it's the standard of the riders not the weather.

I wasn't there last year so can't comment. I was at Plymouth and saw the debacle

The standard of riders at plymouth had nothing to do with it. As has been mentioned many times already, the plymouth boys refused to take to the track and that was before more rain fell. The fact of the matter is that the track was DANGEROUS. Those in charge should hang their heads in shame instead of hiding behind the excuse of no other dates. They should of had the balls to call it off.