British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

Sgp Spreadsheet

I've been working on a full series Excel workbook for the GP and to check it all works I ran it for the 2012 season. All the rounds are on YouTube so I was able to fill the results in 'real-time' and after not a little jiggery-pokery everything seems in order so I should have the 2013 one ready shortly. In the meantime if you'd like to take a look via the link in my signature, then navigate to the Speedway Grand Prix folder, you'll find the completed Excel workbook and a PDF file compiled from the finished workbook pages. The Excel sheet is read-only just to show the layout and formatting.

All comments/opinions welcomed although I will add that the layout of the sheets are directly related to producing the PDF file or printout so the sizes have to remain as they are. And it's best viewed in 'full-screen' mode especially if you have a widescreen monitor.

• Like 1

looks real good, only 1 criticism who is Craig Holder

• Like 2

looks real good, only 1 criticism who is Craig Holder

He's Chris's evil twin...

Thanks Kiwi, I'll fix that ASAP.

Edit: Fixed :t:

Edited by daveallan81

The leaderboard now no longer picks up Chris Holder - possibly it's trying to look up "Craig" Holder and not finding any data?

Thanks - yes missed a bit of the coding. Should be sorted now.

Appreciate the testing, anything looks wrong at all keep letting me know (although hopeful that's it sorted).

Started on a SWC workbook as well, thought it might come in handy.

Thanks - yes missed a bit of the coding. Should be sorted now.

Appreciate the testing, anything looks wrong at all keep letting me know (although hopeful that's it sorted).

Started on a SWC workbook as well, thought it might come in handy.

I've just downloaded the GP 2013 spreadsheet and the UK 15 heat spreadsheet to Dropbox and it's asking for a password for opening both. Is this something you've just added? Was going to try and see if it worked on my iPad. Thanks...

Interesting. There should be no password required to open and use the files. I've just downloaded both and haven't received any password request. Can I just confirm that this is as you are double-clicking the file to open?

I've just downloaded the GP 2013 spreadsheet and the UK 15 heat spreadsheet to Dropbox and it's asking for a password for opening both. Is this something you've just added? Was going to try and see if it worked on my iPad. Thanks...

Interesting. There should be no password required to open and use the files. I've just downloaded both and haven't received any password request. Can I just confirm that this is as you are double-clicking the file to open?

I am having the same problem on my I Pad, works fine on my desktop I have tried my Dropbox and I Pad passwords but they do not work What a fantastic bit of work,many thanks

I am having the same problem on my I Pad, works fine on my desktop I have tried my Dropbox and I Pad passwords but they do not work What a fantastic bit of work,many thanks

From the quickfire reading I've done this seems to be an Excel/Mac/iPad conflict. I'm seeing an app called 'Numbers' being touted as the closest thing to MS Excel.

I'm logged into Dropbox using Skyfire on my iPad. It can't directly download so I am saving them into Dropbox and then trying to open them in my Dropbox app. It is at this point that I am asked for a password. Will try on Android and see what happens.

I'm logged into Dropbox using Skyfire on my iPad. It can't directly download so I am saving them into Dropbox and then trying to open them in my Dropbox app. It is at this point that I am asked for a password. Will try on Android and see what happens.

Done some testing on my Android tablet. The EL interactive spreadsheet works perfectly as far as I can make out using Kingsoft Office. Opens but doesn't work in QuickOffice. A third office app tries to open it but requests a password like my iPad does. Will try the GP file tomorrow, but really chuffed that the EL one works on a tablet. Will post my findings on here for you :-)

Have now found an excellent app that works on iPad and Android (including smartphones) which reproduces Microsoft Office brilliantly. Called CloudOn it links to Dropbox and all the speedway files I've tried work perfectly. Useful information for others perhaps?

The GP app in particular is superb, will be using it this season for sure!