British Speedway Forum
Mad Potter 2

National/premier League Riders Nationality.

And how do you enforce that? They can pledge to do it, but ultimately there's nothing to stop them changing allegiance later on.

Happens in cricket all the time.

Then let them start in the Premier League under their Foreign Nationality at 16 on a 5 point average.

• Like 1

My view on allowing foreign riders into the NL is based upon the fact that NL teams aren't just training tracks (there are only 2 double up teams in the NL, and if those planning to come in in 2014 do so the percentage will reduce further) they are commercial enterprises. As such, they rely on gate receipts and other income just as much as their PL & EL equivalents.

The addition of one foreigner who can provide a great deal of colour and make the team line up far more impressive (Cameron Heeps at Mildenhall is the obvious exmple) will help to attract new fans and retain existing ones.

I think that that is very much worth the sacrifice of one GB youngster's place.

Well I don't HT. I doubt if that "one GB youngster" does either.

There is also the argument that Cameron Heeps was that good - he shouldn't have been in the National League anyway. He should have started in the Premier League.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 5