British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Rain Offs - Unlucky Year '13!

It's not just the rain at the moment though is it..

It is supposed to be dry all week in Wiltshire with now a balmy 6 degrees forecast for Thursday, however that is tempered with the windchill which is supposed to make it feel -3 during the day and that is the temperature forecast overnight (without the windchill factor).

Bear in mind that Blunsdon has a climate more akin to Scandinavia than Southern England too..

Working outside these days, doesn't help me much either.

I'm looking forward to my first meeting of the season but it won't be this week if the above proves to be close to true - I'm far too much of a 'wimp' to pay good money and put myself through that..

No meetings should be staged in sub zero temperatures for reasons stated above. If Eastbourne called it off due to the wind chill factor I think they did everyone a favour tbh..

The ever changing weather is a major problem for speedway racing. There is no doubt that it gets worse each season. Not a lot we can do,but as another poster acknowledged we are all weather watching more than ever.

Rain offs??? Its a 'snow-off' in Brum for Wednesday. Thats the first lost Sky meeting!!

It's not just the rain at the moment though is it..

It is supposed to be dry all week in Wiltshire with now a balmy 6 degrees forecast for Thursday, however that is tempered with the windchill which is supposed to make it feel -3 during the day and that is the temperature forecast overnight (without the windchill factor).

Bear in mind that Blunsdon has a climate more akin to Scandinavia than Southern England too..

Working outside these days, doesn't help me much either.

I'm looking forward to my first meeting of the season but it won't be this week if the above proves to be close to true - I'm far too much of a 'wimp' to pay good money and put myself through that..

I agree,I was looking forward to going to Lakeside v Eagles Friday.But looking at the forecast I do not see much fun watching Speedway in near freezing conditions.Roll on Kent Kings at beginning of May when hopefully it will be a lot warmer.

Wont be going to Blunsdon Hill and paying 34 quid on Thursday if its too parkie! Workington is colder than Swindon, but at least you can sit in a stand at Derwent Park. Very few seats behind glass at SN25.

Well, here in Poland we've had the entire first round (scheduled for 1st April) called off due to bad weather. There's snow everywhere and it's freezing cold.

Workington is colder than Swindon

What, the light airy zephyrs wafting in off the sun-drenched Solway coast? Is this another Workington in a parallel universe? :P

The coldest I've ever been at a speedway match was Peterborough v Wolves, pre-season challenge in 2006. Poole v Wolves the previous night had been OK and lulled me into a false sense of security on the wrapping up warm front for my first visit to Alwalton. Picked up a friend from work who had thoughtfully taken cold weather gear to change into and he ended up wearing both sets, one on top of the other. Looked like Jason Bunyan on Saturday after his inflatable suit went off.