British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Sheffield 30th March

Is He replacing Roynon short or long term?

I think that depends how long he is out for.

Just a thought as alot of people have been upset at the programme increase and rightly so, sheffield do a free race card how many people would prefer that to a programme ?

Just a thought as alot of people have been upset at the programme increase and rightly so, sheffield do a free race card how many people would prefer that to a programme ?

Personally I wouldn't want to go back to a programme that I have to pay for, I want something to record the score on during the meeting and that I can bin at the end of it. Probably different if you collect them or have some sort of fetish for knowing which local businesses in your area can afford to advertise etc, but for everybody else it's just another expense on top of getting in, car parking etc

• Like 1

Well, went to Leicester on Tuesday and enjoyed my time there.

Just wondered if I had got the right Leicester in view of the things stated on here by a couple of locals.

Paving stones now in place where presumably was the muddy areas around the viewing areas.

New toilet block, instead of them fly by night containers they used to have. All brand new to a good standard and all worked. Even left space to put more urinals in if they are needed and necessary. Bet other tracks wished theirs were as good.

Biggest and best pits with many large bays, all with bench seating and overhead shelves for helmets etc. Bet other riders wish theirs were as good.

Beautiful stadium, £6M apparently, and purpose built just for speedway. Bet other fans wish they had as good a stadium, or wished they just had speedway after it being missing for an eternity.

Great service units for food and drinks/beverages. Bet other fans wish ..............

Superb car/van parking for all riders and officials right behind the pits. Bet all riders and officials wish.............

Lovely wide safe and banked track, with obviously some taking in of the inside kerb on all 4 corners. Had heard comments about how the track was now dangerous and not rideable, but about 40 kids did and even Joe Screen, in his three rides, only rode on the taken in bits for all his laps so obviously the dangerous bits must be up by the lovely safety fence cos nobody went up there all day. Of course Joe might not know about how to ride it, so probably unfair to comment on it.

Heard bad things about the owner as well. Seemed alright to me when I talked to him, but these promoters usually know nowt about their business or what they designed, so really I should have spoke to a grumbling fan who obviously knows a lot more about it. Nobody answered to 'jim' or 'robert' unfortunately.

Heard the shape of the track was just a cycle speedway track, but there must be some teasers in Leicester.

As I said earlier, there might be another Leicester speedway track in Leicester, so I will have another look when I go back for another visit later on in the year.

• Like 5

Just wondered if I had got the right Leicester in view of the things stated on here by a couple of locals.

Paving stones now in place where presumably was the muddy areas around the viewing areas.

New toilet block, instead of them fly by night containers they used to have. All brand new to a good standard and all worked. Even left space to put more urinals in if they are needed and necessary. Bet other tracks wished theirs were as good.

Biggest and best pits with many large bays, all with bench seating and overhead shelves for helmets etc. Bet other riders wish theirs were as good.

Beautiful stadium, £6M apparently, and purpose built just for speedway. Bet other fans wish they had as good a stadium, or wished they just had speedway after it being missing for an eternity.

Great service units for food and drinks/beverages. Bet other fans wish ..............

Superb car/van parking for all riders and officials right behind the pits. Bet all riders and officials wish.............

Lovely wide safe and banked track, with obviously some taking in of the inside kerb on all 4 corners. Had heard comments about how the track was now dangerous and not rideable, but about 40 kids did and even Joe Screen, in his three rides, only rode on the taken in bits for all his laps so obviously the dangerous bits must be up by the lovely safety fence cos nobody went up there all day. Of course Joe might not know about how to ride it, so probably unfair to comment on it.

Heard bad things about the owner as well. Seemed alright to me when I talked to him, but these promoters usually know nowt about their business or what they designed, so really I should have spoke to a grumbling fan who obviously knows a lot more about it. Nobody answered to 'jim' or 'robert' unfortunately.

Heard the shape of the track was just a cycle speedway track, but there must be some teasers in Leicester.

As I said earlier, there might be another Leicester speedway track in Leicester, so I will have another look when I go back for another visit later on in the year.

£6m? Hard to spot the jokes from the serious bits in this post so I'll assume that was the former and not the latter.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 2

They say you cannot Polish a turd but that is a damn good attempt . of course everyone will take your word for every sentence ,because with your Frequent visits over the last 2 seasons you would know better than anyone else how everything functions on racenights , shame you didn't go for a little more of a light hearted stance .since almost everything you have alluded to is fiction and rather than come across all clever etc, you have merely shown how little you actually know about beaumont park and the running thereof , but dont let that get in the way of you posting some more jokes for us will you , 6 million quid that was a good one for sure

• Like 1

I must say i found this post so funny, how in the hell do you value it at 6 MILLION ? :rofl: 3 urinals for the paying public, OK great if you dont mind missing the racing waiting.

Was the food outlets open for the kids ? or are you making that up too.

Pits, I think they are really narrow and no view for the fans either to see what goes on.

When you compare how good a track is by kids riding then you need to forget giving out advice.

As for screeny using only the taken in bits is a load of crap, its impossible and i know the way screeny rides better than you.

as for the owner, its his way or no way and he wouldnt listen to sam ermolenko and other experts or even the fans and thats why we are talking about the track still being shocking going into the third season.

You really have made yourself look stupid with some of the things you have said in your post that is if you had been to leicester and not another track.

If that stadium cost 6m quid id be stunned in all honesty. Not a chance in hell unless he buried 4/5 million of it in cash under the track!!

When i attended BP in 2011 i was impressed with the stadium, quite smart. The track wasnt awful and have seen worse meetings, although some of the lower standard of riders in the teams (graversen, wright, jones, kurtz, sedgmen) were struggling to get round the third and fourth bend

If that stadium cost 6m quid id be stunned in all honesty. Not a chance in hell unless he buried 4/5 million of it in cash under the track!!

When i attended BP in 2011 i was impressed with the stadium, quite smart. The track wasnt awful and have seen worse meetings, although some of the lower standard of riders in the teams (graversen, wright, jones, kurtz, sedgmen) were struggling to get round the third and fourth bend

I think glyn said on the radio last night that the 3rd and 4th bend has made no difference with the few feet taken in,

6 million pound stadium that is a real cracker :rofl: I cant stop laughing

Don't tell the gullible ones on here, Pinny, but £6M was the published figure for the total development of the site with the other pitches on adjacent plots. Gets them going but doesn't it. :D

I must say i found this post so funny, how in the hell do you value it at 6 MILLION ? :rofl: 3 urinals for the paying public, OK great if you dont mind missing the racing waiting.

Pits, I think they are really narrow and no view for the fans either to see what goes on.

When you compare how good a track is by kids riding then you need to forget giving out advice.

As for screeny using only the taken in bits is a load of crap, its impossible and i know the way screeny rides better than you.

as for the owner, its his way or no way and he wouldnt listen to sam ermolenko and other experts or even the fans and thats why we are talking about the track still being shocking going into the third season.

You really have made yourself look stupid with some of the things you have said in your post that is if you had been to leicester and not another track.

I was there, were you. NOOO.

In speedway, do you really believe that anybody understands, or agrees, with anything Sudden Sam says. Only you apparently. :P

• Like 1

Joe Screen, in his three rides, only rode on the taken in bits for all his laps

Surely he hung over the sides a bit though. they only took the corners in a couple of feet!

this is the kind of post, by an so-called expert, that if it rang as true as you would like us to believe should be getting liked by dozens of people as proof the doubters in the track are wrong. After all we're a right pain in the ass aren't we. Neb, Long eye and someone called luluthetiger though? It's the second post that i'd call a call to arms for the like button, after that suespeedywhatever post, and it fails with me to make any decent argument at all for those favouring the shape. as Mcenroe enjoyed saying 'you cannot be serious'.

Mick (who, by the way, is not having a go at the people who have liked the post and who clearly have their own genuine and legitimate view of the track, however wrong!)

Edited by volty

Another one of your stock replies.

Found the post so funny-check.

Called the poster stupid-check.

Made himself look like an arrogant buffoon-check.

• Like 1

Surely he hung over the sides a bit though. they only took the corners in a couple of feet!

this is the kind of post, by an so-called expert, that if it rang as true as you would like us to believe should be getting liked by dozens of people as proof the doubters in the track are wrong. After all we're a right pain in the ass aren't we. Neb, Long eye and someone called luluthetiger though? It's the second post that i'd call a call to arms for the like button, after that suespeedywhatever post, and it fails with me to make any decent argument at all for those favouring the shape. as Mcenroe enjoyed saying 'you cannot be serious'.

Mick (who, by the way, is not having a go at the people who have liked the post and who clearly have there own genuine and legitimate view of the track)

It's more than a couple of feet and Screeny, despite what the Screen world expert robert says,. Joe never left the new brown stuff that has been used as the infill. As you will know, the original surface is more small chippings than shale, and was very dusty, but the new stuff is a brown shale and a totally different material and colour.