British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

American Touring Team, Nl & Other Tracks 2013

Right by my reckoning Steve & the lads will shortly be on their way to Europe then the UK for the (usually) annual tour..

Again it's my understanding (happy to stand corrected!) that following the Under 21 World Cup semi in Germany on 28/4 the lads are coming here.

I've only spotted three dates though: at Rye House (4/5) for the US style handicap meet; then matches at Buxton (5/5); and the opener at Central Park, Kent Speedway on 6 May.

Are these details correct and are there any other dates..?

Also any confirmed team news?

Steve is not coming over > We have a 2nd half at Swindon on the Thursday whilst Gino is at Ipswich as well. We head for Germany on April 25th for the U21 WTC arriving back Mon 29th before the UK tour part starts on the Thursday.

Team wise Gino will captain the side with Chris Thomas, Rocco Scopellite, Jamison Dilkey along with Scott Campos (who has an American dad and grandad) whilst we are adopting young kiwi Hayden Sims as a honourary American. Brent Werner will be doing some of the tour whilst Shane Hazelden fills in for Scott Campos at Buxton. There may be one more addition to the tour party which I am awaiting confirmation of.

Edited by Main Man

Riding order for Kent;

1. Gino Manzares

2. Chris Thomas

3. Scott Campos

4. Rocco Scopellite

5. Brent Werner

6. Hayden Sims

7. Jamison Dilkey

Shane Hazeldon is #3 for Buxton. Werner TBC at Buxton.

The Rye House meeting should be a lot of fun - Handicap Racing will see lots of action on track!

Edited by SteveEvans
  • Like 1

Cheers Steve,cannot wait for the Central Park opening and the Americans in town. :t: