British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

Maybe with David Hemsley's friendship with Laurence Rogers and his liking for small 2 truck haulage firms would it not be an idea to bring someone like the Mallets into the operation. It would improve Leicesters image within speedway if nothing else :o .

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Sorry no gossip really or conspiracy theories. Having listened to the radio piece. Both stories are plausable as the story I heard was that Lewis just missed the 2 mins being on but it''s the last 30 secs that Glynn was talking about.

I think RG knows the system and plays it but I don't think he cheats but I stand to be a corrected. If it's RG that Glynn is talking about

does your bum ever get sore from sitting on the fence ?

• Like 1

I think RG knows the system and plays it but I don't think he cheats but I stand to be a corrected. If it's RG that Glynn is talking about

When i listened that's exactly as i heard it Tina

Edited by volty

Clearly inexperience caught the Lions out.

Does that class as jumping off my fence. :-)

Edited by TMW

I thought it was a bit unfair of the Scunthorpe announcer to count down the 2mins like that, but it was a wee bit naïve of Leicester to fall for it. Gamesmanship I think they call it. It just goes to show how much they feared us, and had to resort to those tactics to gain the advantage in the last heat. As for the radio last night, Mr Darcy seemed a bit out of his depth and could have been more supportive towards Kevin Doolan Who is clearly suffering with machinery problems.

strangely enough, with my new found interest in the LSSC and Lions facebook sites, I just went back to see what other views Lions supporters have added since last night about that radio interview and it would appear i actually must have been dreaming because now i can't find any comments there.

what do you mean by this? that they've clearly been censored?

I saw around 16 posts regarding the interview yesterday on the LSSC Facebook page, the majority slating Darcy, but now the post & all comments have disappeared. What a joke!

I bet yours does you cheeky boy!

I think we should have darcy as center green presenter, that would be really amusing :rofl:

Nah, you'd still whine.

Nah, you'd still whine.

I wouldnt worry about the racing as it would be entertaining listening to him saying things like he has been in speedway a long time ever since leicester came back :rofl:

I wouldnt worry about the racing as it would be entertaining listening to him saying things like he has been in speedway a long time ever since leicester came back :rofl:

Sounds like he is a good judge.

I think we should have darcy as center green presenter, that would be really amusing :rofl:

Talking of centre green presenting, I had this vision of Dave Darcy being the only person in Popples & Sensicall's 'Dave Darcy' stand, everyone else being too embarrassed to now sit in it, and Popple or Sensicall asking for a cheer from the 'Dave Darcy' stand. Would Dave Darcy still give it a shout and a wave.

Edited by volty

I had hoped the radio piece would give an indication of what Darcy's role is, but I'm none the wiser.

I was interested to find out exactly what he does. And at the end of the interview I still don't have a clue.

What ever it is he does, it takes him up to ten hours a day to do it. but I suppose taking programmes out of boxes from the printers can be time consuming.