British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

On the track. At Leicester. Last night. Or are you as dim as your posts suggest?

Obviously...to say there were many passes by both set of riders last night is utter beau locks...Howe made good one on MK, the young BJerre made beauty on Mpt....that was about it beyond the first bend

If I missed the many other,I must have had Marlboro discharge in my eyes,

Obviously...to say there were many passes by both set of riders last night is utter beau locks...Howe made good one on MK, the young BJerre made beauty on Mpt....that was about it beyond the first bend

If I missed the many other,I must have had Marlboro discharge in my eyes,

Smoking's bad for you, it fogs the mind.

On the track. At Leicester. Last night. Or are you as dim as your posts suggest?

I think your the dim one as i agree with montie,

Also bjerre passing was on the line, you havnt mentioned the riders who couldnt pass.

I am sure you wear the hemsley style glasses as the passing was down the straight where one rider was quicker than the other, did you not see a couple of races where riders were trying every way to pass but couldnt because the track didnt allow it as the shape is all wrong ?

You plainly only see what you want to see.

The thing I can't get my head around is why do you still attend if you not happy with what you are convincing yourself you don't see,why waste your benefits.

You plainly only see what you want to see.

The thing I can't get my head around is why do you still attend if you not happy with what you are convincing yourself you don't see,why waste your benefits.

I see through experienced eyes that leicester speedway is short changing fans because of DH way is the only way.

So tell me what excited you about the first 2 meetings (results not included)

Edited by robert72

I see through experienced eyes that leicester speedway is short changing fans because of DH way is the only way.

So tell me what excited you about the first 2 meetings (results not included)

First meeting obviously wasn't great,yesterday's meeting was a marked improvement with a fair smattering of decent races much like most meetings but of course it could be better.

My thoughts are to not give a definitive assessment of the new track shape until I've seen at least half a dozen meetings there,preferably in more ideal conditions weather-wise.

I also like to see the team win and I thought it was very good performance last night,though saying that I thought scunny were pretty poor apart from Birks and Jorgensen.

Robert do you look forward to going to the meetings? Me personally soon as one meeting finishes I can't wait until the next one.

Edited by mrcts

Perhaps it's about time that we just accepted the FACT that the vast majority of races at EVERY speedway track in the world are won by the rider who gates first (because if the best and fastest rider gates then he will win 99% of the time) and just savour the races where passes occur rather than picking fault even with the ones where passes do occur. :-)

I think this is a good post.

I think the racing at Leicester could be better but the fact of the matter is that it aint gonna change in the foreseeable future, if at all. Its probably time to make your mind up to A/ except things the way that they are and continue to go, or B/ stop going and find an alternative track to go to or C/ learn to love Ant & Dec and the delights of Saturday night TV.

We can moan till the cows come home, but lets face it. Leicester is what it is. Its a shame I know but there you have it.

• Like 1

Can you name me another 32 page programme in any sport that only has 19.54% Ads to 80.46% Editorial content?

I would be interested to hear that example, because I know there are many that have a much greater Ad content.

As regards racing.....you quite clearly were NOT there last night, or had your back turned to the racing. :blink:

In truth, no I can't. Belle Vue & Newcastle are certainly no better. As I said, its a matter of individual choice but I prefer Sheffield's basic but free programme and Scunthorpe's basic but cheap job to one that costs £3.

I wasn't but then I didn't comment on last night's racing. All I said was that having a good stadium isn't worth much if your track is crap, and that applies across the board.

Sheffield may have a free race card, but, parking is £2.

It is if you park in the car park. I don't (and only very rarely have) because there are plenty of places to park for nothing.

Didn't you hear Glyn say before the meeting in his interview on centre that track prepared Slicker on inside, grip on outside as that's how the riders wanted it? And it that's grip that produced some great passing by both teams riders and the big Leicester win and no "disaster" and no "serious crashes" in the Leicester v Scunthorpe match.

And what about how the fans want it ?

Once safety issues have been satisfied, what the riders want should be absolutely irrelevant with the track being prepared for racing and entertaining the fans, and I would have thought it was pretty obvious that any commercial enterprise that puts its paid employees interests above those of its paying customers is asking for serious trouble.

I only have hearsay to show it, but the difference in track preparation between the best meeting I have seen at BP against Scunthorpe last season and the appalling gaters paradise against Plymouth the following week was apparently down to the home riders.

One thing : to even slightly suggest that Leicester might be a better racing track than Scunthorpe is, to use Montie's phrase, utter 'beau locks'.

then perhaps it's about time that we just accepted the FACT that the vast majority of races at EVERY speedway track in the world are won by the rider who gates first (because if the best and fastest rider gates then he will win 99% of the time) and just savour the races where passes occur rather than picking fault even with the ones where passes do occur. :-)

This is absolutely true and although there must be a question mark about Leicester and whether everything has been and will be done to provide the sort of entertainment that fans want it isnowhere near the only track where that is the case.

I have been an occasional visitor last year and came to the match against Sheffield this year .I noticed the track did produce better racing on the dreaded third /fourth bend line this year as there were at least two inside passes by Leics riders which I didn,t see much of last year .Being an experienced trackman with over ten years of E/L meetings under my belt the home riders obviously want the track prepared how they want it and I don,t see why the home supporters are complaining that Glyn has done what was asked of him.My biggest gripe with riders during any meetings was the fact that they always seem to turn up with two bikes set up the same I.E two for grippy or two for slick WHY.in the English climate we all know the weather can change so much in a short time which means what ever you prepare can be different at tapes up .One set up grippy one set up slick would seem to me to be a no brainer or am I missing something ? Good riders can adapt but in the last few years they are few and far between Cheers just my thoughts Mick C be interesting to see if you agree or would like to shoot me down Tin Hat at the ready.

They might have been the wrong type of passes though?

you're so right, i checked with Wie-ja and he confirmed there were 24 genuine passes on the first corner alone last night and if just to prove your point about overtaking i rewatched this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UOc1tpQIySc and actually opened my eyes this time.

I think this is a good post.

I think the racing at Leicester could be better but the fact of the matter is that it aint gonna change in the foreseeable future, if at all. Its probably time to make your mind up to A/ except things the way that they are and continue to go, or B/ stop going and find an alternative track to go to or C/ learn to love Ant & Dec and the delights of Saturday night TV.

We can moan till the cows come home, but lets face it. Leicester is what it is. Its a shame I know but there you have it.

Easier said than done though Nightshift. I've spent 28 years dreaming of the day Speedway came back to Leicester, only to end up with this. It's hard to turn your back on a dream i'm afraid. The heart still rules the head. That's why i still have season tickets and believed they'd have kept their word with regards to the track. Even though they had previous form from year 2. That's why i'm on this forum taking and giving stick off people who clearly know better than me such as Long Eye and Hurricances. The great freindly welcoming hello from the staff don't help when every meeting i'm then met with a kick right in the nuts. Why accept the crap. Interesting to see people are again bringing problems with the track and promotion onto the LSSC website. You can't keep covering it up forever. Just because you say it's great don't make it so. We ain't all mugs. Look at the Plymouth fans. If things need changing then pressure can clearly work. Work hard enough and hope something changes.

Mick.

Edited by volty

IMO vastly improved racing on 3&4 bend.

Good team performance feel need to give Simon time to feel his way back into it after his nasty injury.

Nice to see MK back & looking like 2011 MK :-)

Major plus was Doolan looked on the pace last night.

WHY IS POPPLE BACK !!!!!!

Someone please answer me that

I Wish someone could tell me what the hell is he doing back the first meting he cocked up with the riders in the program.you had to bring him up.Don't get me started

What was wrong with Rob on his own ?

Proof there is passing at Leicester Speedway on bends 1 & 2

• Like 2

What was wrong with Rob on his own ?

Proof there is passing at Leicester Speedway on bends 1 & 2

Classic! I must have been on me holidays that week because i don't recall it at all!.. clear proof that the crowds in the second season weren't too far off the levels of opening night as well.

Edited by volty