British Speedway Forum
RebelRebel

Somerset Vs Plymouth Plc 19/4/13 7:30pm

Falls are not bad luck per se. The falls by Davies, Nielsen and Newman were all of their own making. Heeps was unlucky being rammed by Davies. Perry was unlucky trying avoid Nielsen but clipping his fallen teammate.

Morris laid his bike down when he was thundering into the outside of the third turn trying to catch Heeps and the red lights came on, because although Nielsen had fallen earlier (in the same place as previously) and then stood up, Dan Holt (like a lot of us) didn't realise Nielsen had then crumpled in pain on the track. Fortunately, both Lanham & Heeps managed to avoid Nielsen and his bike - I think Morris's momentum and line gave him little option but to lay it down. I was very surprised the ref decided to declare the race, so to be fair you could say that was bad luck. On the other hand, you could say that Morris's line & moimentum meant he might never have got round the 3rd/4th bends - we will never know either way.

If I was able to attend on a regular basis any track where you can stand close to the racing, I would be there like a shot (including KL and P'boro). If I lived in travelling distance of Somerset or Swindon, I would choose the OTA for precisely that reason.

If you want to get close to the racing, then Plymouth is the place for you. The new back straight stand - stunning viewing.

Plymouth kept that a lot closer than I thought, well done to them for their point.

Seems harsh to consider dropping a young Brit but for me the Devils look one rider (ie a half decent number 7) away from being a good side.

Indeed it seems when our boys get going we could well be in the mix as I expected the Rebels to take all the points. Chuffed for Schrammy to get paid 9 and I'm told he rode really well.

I see your point about Reade and Ben does appear to be struggling but there aren't many 3 pointer's out there who could do much better. I'd definitely consider Paul Starke though if were looking to replace him. In all honesty though Ben scoring zero isn't to be unexpected at this stage and by all accounts it's only his first turns that are letting him down (from what I've seen of him this year).

It was nice to see Ricky get a decent haul and hopefully he'll continue that but Lemo is still a worry - I'd ask the question of what would we get more out of at this stage a like for like replacement for Reade who will perhaps get 3 or 4 each match or replacing Lemo with an 8 pointer? I'm not calling for changes but just putting it out there.

mikey i think with lemmos experience he will get things sorted already showing signs of getting the sba dialled in he said in interview that his engines were to strong but spent all saturday afternoon working on it at the sba and his points total against somerset at home suggests hes getting it worked out, ithink long term this is the the best decision for ben,as for paul starke reached his level at national league second string hasnt improved for 2 or three seasons nice lad but not going to make the grade at prem level imo