British Speedway Forum
Ben91

British Under 21 Final - Dudley - 23/4/13

Shadders. As far as I am aware Shane had no coming together at all on parade. I think you will find it was Ashley Morris and Sarj. It was Shane's second meeting of the year but might as well been his first as the other one was the mud bath at plymouth on March 16th

Jason Garrity IMO could certainly ruffle a fair few feathers in the U21 rounds in Europe must be a forward looking sponsor out there who could fund a trip or two.

Jason Garrity IMO could certainly ruffle a fair few feathers in the U21 rounds in Europe must be a forward looking sponsor out there who could fund a trip or two.

I agree, but he has declined to enter and the other three finalists have been given the places.

I agree, but he has declined to enter and the other three finalists have been given the places.

Think that makes him available for our KO match with Sheffield

Its sad to see jason has declined the opportunity, he would certainly get in amongst them, but as i understand it, the ACU only give minimal amounts towards the costs involved, for instance I heard one of the riders who took part last year, had expences of £800 and the ACU gave £200 towards this, added to which there is the possible loss of earnings in the UK.

Cant fault the riders for wanting to gain experience though, and i am sure they will all give it there best, and good luck to them.

Edited by greyhoundp

Geez there are some pieces of work on here.The format has been the same for years, they all knew it going in so tough luck.Sour grapes me thinks.As for Garrity not doing the next round, smacks of lack of ambition, get there even if you have to catch a bus.Junior

As for Garrity not doing the next round, smacks of lack of ambition, get there even if you have to catch a bus.Junior

Paying his fare, are you?

• Like 2

As for Garrity not doing the next round, smacks of lack of ambition, get there even if you have to catch a bus.Junior

Can't think of many buses that would take a couple of speedway bikes plus associated equipment.

Shadders. As far as I am aware Shane had no coming together at all on parade. I think you will find it was Ashley Morris and Sarj. It was Shane's second meeting of the year but might as well been his first as the other one was the mud bath at plymouth on March 16th

Cheers Gary. I didn't actually see the coming together itself, my eyes were elsewhere.. Got my info 2nd hand

Edited by Shadders

Geez there are some pieces of work on here.The format has been the same for years, they all knew it going in so tough luck.Sour grapes me thinks.As for Garrity not doing the next round, smacks of lack of ambition, get there even if you have to catch a bus.Junior

Can't have been easy to give the opportunity up , but he made his choice according to his budget and should be applauded for taking the realistic view ., better than thinking you are world level and spending thousands trying to prove it .

• Like 1

Can't have been easy to give the opportunity up , but he made his choice according to his budget and should be applauded for taking the realistic view ., better than thinking you are world level and spending thousands trying to prove it .

Utter s---e as I said shows lack of any ambition, so your saying hes not good enough.

Utter s---e as I said shows lack of any ambition, so your saying hes not good enough.

did it show lack of ambition when Billy Hamill quit the GP's or when Joe Screen took no further part in qualification after winning the british final , I'm sure Jason would love to do all the rounds , and if it's such a great deal why dont you finance it for him ?

• Like 1

Utter s---e as I said shows lack of any ambition

In your opinion

As for Garrity not doing the next round, smacks of lack of ambition, get there even if you have to catch a bus. Can't think of many buses that would take a couple of speedway bikes plus associated equipment.

How to transport 2 bikes plus equipment and keep costs down ! JFAKFfw.jpg
  • Like 3

How to transport 2 bikes plus equipment and keep costs down ! JFAKFfw.jpg

I bet they would have a sore arse by the time they got to Argentina :lol:

Would be nice to see the British Under 21 champ given one of the wild card places in the British Final...

He got the next best thing, he's riding in the Sheffield semi-final tonight.

I think it's a sad reflection that three of the top four are going into the world under 21 championship (Garrity declined the offer on financial grounds) and it is pretty obvious that they will be way out of their depth.

Isn't it sadder that the rider who (some say) was the best in show on Tuesday lacks the ambition to go further in the sport?

The World U-21 isn't the long haul of recent years, Jason Garrity would face one qualification meeting overseas (which I would say he'd be able to get a little financial help in travelling to) and if successful there, three rounds of the Final, one of which is in the UK.

He would learn so much more from competing among the best U-21's in the world than he will from sitting at home.

Sorry, Jason. Wish you would reconsider. Britain needs her best for the coming years..