British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

I'm genuinely surprised at your comments after all the dealings you had with Hemsley.Do you really think he is going to alter the track because a few people on here constantly moan about it......I think he would rather see you in hell or close the track down than admit he got it wrong....The only way the track will be significantly altered is if he sells up.

I suggest he sells now then to save leicester speedway because at the moment he is killing it.

• Like 1

Refering back a thread or two to Nobrakeshere's post about a/the leading member of the backroom staff walking out mid winter. Rumour has it she has walked out for good this time after a big fall out between promotion and staff mid-week. I'm guessing this is the actual reason yesterday's junior 4tt meeting didn't happen.

Refering back a thread or two to Nobrakeshere's post about a/the leading member of the backroom staff walking out mid winter. Rumour has it she has walked out for good this time after a big fall out between promotion and staff mid-week. I'm guessing this is the actual reason yesterday's junior 4tt meeting didn't happen.

And you guessed incorrectly. Several other key staff had booked other things for this weekend once we were knocked out of the KOC & LC.

Another perfect example of promoters not listening to the paying customer!

Fantastic set-up, good facilities, but poor racing! Sort it and you're on to a winner! If nothing's done, a slow and painful death continues!

Most good businesses have the motto 'The customer is always right'!

• Like 2

I'm genuinely surprised at your comments after all the dealings you had with Hemsley.Do you really think he is going to alter the track because a few people on here constantly moan about it......I think he would rather see you in hell or close the track down than admit he got it wrong....The only way the track will be significantly altered is if he sells up.

I wasn't for one minute suggesting it will happen, just what should happen if people want this ongoing track debate to eventually stop. It won't go away whilst people are unhappy. Being too stubborn to admit he got it wrong doesn't make it go away either.

And it's not just "a few people on here" who moan about it either. There's a large number who came to see speedway and now don't bother going any more.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 1

And you guessed incorrectly. Several other key staff had booked other things for this weekend once we were knocked out of the KOC & LC.

Poorly worded by me again. I don't doubt you're correct in what you say but what I meant was the mid-week meeting between the promotion and staff, that also saw the wife of one of the promoters walk out on Leicester Speedway, was the reason the 4tt meeting didn't go ahead yesterday. It did seem there was a meeting being planned until that meeting happened. You got to ask questions about what's going on, no?

Edited by volty

Poorly worded by me again. I don't doubt you're correct in what you say but what I meant was the mid-week meeting between the promotion and staff, that also saw the wife of one of the promoters walk out on Leicester Speedway, was the reason the 4tt meeting didn't go ahead yesterday. It did seem there was a meeting being planned until that meeting happened. You got to ask questions about what's going on, no?

It was posted on Facebook TUESDAY 23rd that the meeting announced for the 27th would not be going ahead. No I didn't ask what was going on at the meeting as I wasn't there and had no reason to be.

I know nothing about what makes a track good or bad but the speedway is more riding than racing. I still enjoy going though. For me no matter how you adapt the straights, the apex is always going to be too sharp and that is because the centre green is too narrow. It seems to me that they need to stretch the centre green out and borrow a bit of space in front of the 'Grandstand' and terrace. There is a 2 metre ish gap from track to green fence, does that need to be there for regulations or could a bit be borrowed? As I say, just a thought and I am willing to be shot down as knowing nothing.

The Leicester project is going to be done in cycles and we are at a stage where the promotion can get away with not amending the track. I say this as we are year 3 in the evolving history. Year 1, pleased to be back, year 2 novelty worn off but a better chance than year 1, year 3 a further step on from 2. Crowds holding up generally and no panic to spend track as year 4 will get a business 'shot in the arm' with Elite League. That will give the new year 1 feeling again, especially the high number of more local teams that will bring some fans.

I therefore see that very little will be done as crowds and revenue will hold up well and give the impression that all is well and the cycle of circumstance will paper over the crack for another 3-4 years.

The only real change to that pattern I see is after year 1 of elite, the noise from bigger groups of visiting fans that start diminishing and from any TV comments is so bad that the hand is forced. This could be a long running saga.

• Like 1

It actually said on the lions website as early as monday lunchtime, 22nd April, that there would be no meeting on 27th April so i don't see how a disagreement mid-week could have caused the 4 TT to be cancelled.

It actually said on the lions website as early as monday lunchtime, 22nd April, that there would be no meeting on 27th April so i don't see how a disagreement mid-week could have caused the 4 TT to be cancelled.

fair enough.

Edited by volty

I know nothing about what makes a track good or bad but the speedway is more riding than racing. I still enjoy going though. For me no matter how you adapt the straights, the apex is always going to be too sharp and that is because the centre green is too narrow. It seems to me that they need to stretch the centre green out and borrow a bit of space in front of the 'Grandstand' and terrace. There is a 2 metre ish gap from track to green fence, does that need to be there for regulations or could a bit be borrowed? As I say, just a thought and I am willing to be shot down as knowing nothing.

The Leicester project is going to be done in cycles and we are at a stage where the promotion can get away with not amending the track. I say this as we are year 3 in the evolving history. Year 1, pleased to be back, year 2 novelty worn off but a better chance than year 1, year 3 a further step on from 2. Crowds holding up generally and no panic to spend track as year 4 will get a business 'shot in the arm' with Elite League. That will give the new year 1 feeling again, especially the high number of more local teams that will bring some fans.

I therefore see that very little will be done as crowds and revenue will hold up well and give the impression that all is well and the cycle of circumstance will paper over the crack for another 3-4 years.

The only real change to that pattern I see is after year 1 of elite, the noise from bigger groups of visiting fans that start diminishing and from any TV comments is so bad that the hand is forced. This could be a long running saga.

Do you seriously think its good buisness to even think about elite league for leicester,I think that was another pipe dream that they knew was not affordable for the club but what fans wanted to hear, shame they dont put more evert into the main issue the track.

So the promotors wife has gone from the club now, will her husband follow?

I don't think the facts are right about the co promotors wife going this week, As I was told about this at the first home meeting that she had gone due to a fall out with Hemsley on press and practice day over the office running for the proposed Coventry meeting.

She is badly missed at the club as I am told she did nearly all the admin work and got the club a good name by paying the riders on time and detailed breakdown of money earns and deductions. She also did a lot with the programme so wonder if that's why price has gone up if having to get a company to do the layout and production each week.

To be fair it's not really the fans thing with internal club politics unless it affects team performance as just like a fall out in a normal workplace.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

I don't think the facts are right about the co promotors wife going this week, As I was told about this at the first home meeting that she had gone due to a fall out with Hemsley on press and practice day over the office running for the proposed Coventry meeting.

She is badly missed at the club as I am told she did nearly all the admin work and got the club a good name by paying the riders on time and detailed breakdown of money earns and deductions. She also did a lot with the programme so wonder if that's why price has gone up if having to get a company to do the layout and production each week.

To be fair it's not really the fans thing with internal club politics unless it affects team performance as just like a fall out in a normal workplace.

She isnt the first and wont be the last to leave after words with hemsley.