British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

Mr Hemsley you made it very clear in your programme notes your views about fans moaning on the internet and also that you were not happy about the recent poor attendance of the leicester v edinburgh match which was run on a wet and cold night and you said unless fans support speedway in leicester they could lose it.

Simple way to stop fans moaning and not walking away from the club is to listen and make the track changes fans expected, People go to expect to see racing with passing,this has very rarely happened at BP since it opened.

You said after the first season ended that track changes were going to happen over the winter but they never did and many fans were not happy to sit through a second season of watching a track that riders couldnt pass on walked away but many loyal hardcore fans stayed in the hope you would change it and there was even talk of changes mid season last year but you said the riders didnt want change,you chose professional riders who should adapt to any track before the paying public,not a good move, then during the winter you said the track changes were to be made,the date kept getting later, it was then said you were waiting for glyn taylor to return from austrailia but then you quickly did the changes Your way a day or two before he came back, you moved the track a meter inwards which even fans know that it would make No difference,

Its sad as many were expecting big changes and went out and bought season tickets due to that happening,can you imagine the disapointment having spent all that money to witness a third season with the worst track in speedway,You blamed the fans for not supporting the club last week against edinburgh but you are the one killing the sport in leicester not the fans

Many fans like myself have had enough and your rant in the programme was the final straw,you need to put your hands up and say you got it wrong and make changes NOW if you really care about leicesters future.

• Like 2

why not tell him face to face instead of posting on here if it bothers you that much or have you not got the balls?

• Like 1

I have to say i agree with Neb in the principle of what he is saying, if not in the manner. I do think if you are saying something personal to a specific person then it should be sent, in the first instance at least, to the person you are addressing it to. If you then feel you are being ignored then maybe that is the time for open letters although even then I'm not sure posts such as these do any good at all in an open forum and are more likely to have the opposite effect to what you wish for. Just my opinion.

Mick.

• Like 4

why not tell him face to face instead of posting on here if it bothers you that much or have you not got the balls?

Yes i have said it to his face and to AJ aswel, its not working, also other people have said to them about the track and the poor racing.

This is the third season now, enough is enough

Edited by robert72

ts not working, also other people have said to them about the track and the poor racing.

This is the third season now, enough is enough

Wouldn't worry,it's only 3 years,Newcastle have had to put up with for a lot more;-)

• Like 2

Workington also suffered under a certain promoter. but its their ball we all play with,innit.

Don't agree with the opening statement, Went to Leicester and watched Lasse Bjerre's pass on Palm Toft and that was as good as anything you saw in the GP last saturday.

• Like 3

Don't agree with the opening statement, Went to Leicester and watched Lasse Bjerre's pass on Palm Toft and that was as good as anything you saw in the GP last saturday.

That was simply the best race I have ever seen

• Like 2

No matter what you say he will not listen so we will have to put up with what we have got till someone buys it. But we don't whant to lose Leicester speedway again so let's keep supporting the club and hope things change

• Like 1

Best way to show your dissatisfaction is to stop going surely? Not an easy decision for the loyal fan for the reason Jackson has stated

Edited by Shadders

You really do only have two options

Continue to go and make the most of substandard Speedway.or

Stop going.

I don't think that's true and I think persuasion is another option, but that has its limits.

If you have tried (and it could be said that some have on this particular issue) and you're being ignored then it does come down to what you have said.

• Like 1

No matter what you say he will not listen so we will have to put up with what we have got till someone buys it. But we don't whant to lose Leicester speedway again so let's keep supporting the club and hope things change

Good advice, we had the same predicament when the bears closed in the 90s, so i know what its like to not have a team to follow.

Our track was great when it first opened with plenty of racing lines and passing where as now its nearing one if the worst tracks in the league.

Your stadium has come along way in a few short years where as ours will never be as good.

I think it doesn't make much difference if you complain or not the promotors don't listen it has to come from the riders and speaking of which Matty kus put on his Facebook last week "sack me or the track man" so it will be interesting if we do see any changes this week at Redcar.

• Like 1

Good advice, we had the same predicament when the bears closed in the 90s, so i know what its like to not have a team to follow.

Our track was great when it first opened with plenty of racing lines and passing where as now its nearing one if the worst tracks in the league.

Your stadium has come along way in a few short years where as ours will never be as good.

I think it doesn't make much difference if you complain or not the promotors don't listen it has to come from the riders and speaking of which Matty kus put on his Facebook last week "sack me or the track man" so it will be interesting if we do see any changes this week at Redcar.

What's changed at Redcar, is it simply the way the track is prepared or is it different material being used?

What's changed at Redcar, is it simply the way the track is prepared or is it different material being used?

Glynn did the track first and the last few years its been the swaleses who did a decent job with what they had to play with and now its a new bloke who does motorcross tracks I've heard and its been dire for the first few meetings