British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

Music too loud ???

You can hardly hear it when i approached Rob & Tom about it that apologised & said that it has been set at a lower level because there had been noise problems this season so there is nothing that can be done.

The earth mounds that are being around the stadium I am told is being done for 3 main reasons them being the earth will be built up to create the track in a bowl which should help with the noise complaints as all noise should then just rise directly up and not out via fences. 2nd the land by the ticket office will be the club house and pavilion with the new toilets and office built this year having the foundations to build on top of. 3. Yes the club do make money with having this earth but also required for reason 1. I asked the question as was worried about the looks and that was the answer I got so at present will see if do as they say. I know they have been having problem with the council with officials there on Saturday looking at noise and other bits I heard were even saying about music being too loud and no hot water in toilets

The earth mounds that are being around the stadium I am told is being done for 3 main reasons them being the earth will be built up to create the track in a bowl

I did mention to the wife on the walk up on saturday that they were trying to replicate the feel of milton keynes bowl, unfortunately i was talking about the big clay mud bowl that was Elfield Park :blink:

The earth mounds that are being around the stadium I am told is being done for 3 main reasons them being the earth will be built up to create the track in a bowl which should help with the noise complaints as all noise should then just rise directly up and not out via fences. 2nd the land by the ticket office will be the club house and pavilion with the new toilets and office built this year having the foundations to build on top of. 3. Yes the club do make money with having this earth but also required for reason 1. I asked the question as was worried about the looks and that was the answer I got so at present will see if do as they say. I know they have been having problem with the council with officials there on Saturday looking at noise and other bits I heard were even saying about music being too loud and no hot water in toilets

Thanks for that. It was a genuine question and not an attempt to stir it. I see the logic behind the bowl theory. When the mud bowl has been finished, I hope that they attempt to landscape it in some way and not leave it to weed or nettle over. I can't understand that the music is too load, you can hardly hear it unless you are right under one of the speakers. By the way, the bit about the mud slides was a poor attempt at a joke.

Flagrag, cheers for the info. Can you clarify point 2. Are you saying they plan to build a new club house & pavilion opposite the ticket office?

Also when Hemsley was on either Radio Leicester or BikerFM a while back he talked about work on the BMX track starting. Anyone seen or know anything about this?

Flagrag, cheers for the info. Can you clarify point 2. Are you saying they plan to build a new club house & pavilion opposite the ticket office?

Had a conversation with DH a while back and he did say, quite genuinley I felt, that his plan was for a full blown stand with facilities (bar, W/C's, resturant?) being built where the existing stands are. He did say that this was a huge investment and he couldn't put a date on it.

The impression I was given was that the pavilion would be built on some of the land in front of the ticket office with a bar area,function room,changing rooms and offices. They also said would be more car parking as well with the current area as overflow

Had a conversation with DH a while back and he did say, quite genuinley I felt, that his plan was for a full blown stand with facilities (bar, W/C's, resturant?) being built where the existing stands are. He did say that this was a huge investment and he couldn't put a date on it.

So where is the money coming for this to happen ? Many rumours of people owed money for work done at the stadium plus No money to change the track.

So where is the money coming for this to happen ? Many rumours of people owed money for work done at the stadium plus No money to change the track.

With all the drama off the track over the last weeks I'm surprised they haven't approached ITV2 or BBC3 about a behind the scenes documentary to help raise funds - "The Only Way Is Hemsley"!

• Like 1

Always the negative one aren't you! He has said publicly that he is looking for grants to assist with the funding for the improvements to the stadium. The new stand, as and when completed will bring in extra income as the clubroom can be hired out for educational, leisure and social events.

Always the negative one aren't you! He has said publicly that he is looking for grants to assist with the funding for the improvements to the stadium. The new stand, as and when completed will bring in extra income as the clubroom can be hired out for educational, leisure and social events.

Not really, I live in the real world, the guy is clueless on what makes a good promotor,the new stand/clubhouse is a waste of time if the main product is Not good enough, its like building the state of the art restaurant when the food is un-eatable.
  • Like 1

Not really, I live in the real world, the guy is clueless on what makes a good promotor,the new stand/clubhouse is a waste of time if the main product is Not good enough, its like building the state of the art restaurant when the food is un-eatable.

I have followed speedway, for approx 35 years, never in all my time have I heard so much hate-filled drivel against a speedway promotion. I guess before social media alot of this would not have been said, because its easy to hide behind a keyboard.. I left facebook because I was fed up with all the bitching, nonsense posting and general Leicester Speedway Hating stuff, thought I might get a better, more adult debating on this site..... How wrong I was.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. It was a genuine question and not an attempt to stir it. I see the logic behind the bowl theory. When the mud bowl has been finished,

would it not be more of a mud plateau?

I don't want to sound ignorant or as someone just wanting to sound down on David but what exactly is the track record on businesses getting grants for stands and restaurants and the like. In the current climate it sounds a little bit of a long shot to say the least but i don't know about these things.

Edited by volty

I'm sceptical too because surely Leicester Speedway Ltd is a private business and shouldn't qualify for grants to improve facilities which would be there to increase it's profits. That would be morally wrong in my view and not what such grants are for. Think they need to fill all the pot holes in Leicester's roads before anything else! :lol:

Someone also suggested the mud hills can be used for acoustic barrier purposes! What is the wooden purpose-built acoustic fence that goes all the way around the 'stadium' for if that's the case then? Are the hills now so high they're making that obsolete? Whatever, some fanciful ideas being put about it seems but the reason the mud hills are there is for one reason alone. They are the inevitable consequence of a deal between various construction companies who need to tip their muck at a cheap rate, and Leicester Speedway Ltd who continue to desperately need to raise extra revenue. How that whole situation plays out is between DH and Leicester City Council I guess, though as other people have alluded to on here, I know various people within the council aren't at all happy with what's happened aesthetically to the former Beaumont Park.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 2

I believe they are applying for grants on the technicality that the new stand/building will double up as a community room & centre during the week.

It all seems rather fanciful to me. Grants for such things tend to be made to voluntary organisations and charities, rather than private companies set up to make profit. Perhaps there are 'creative' ways that businesses can use to get around those restrictions.

The ever-rising land level is amusing. Maybe Mr Hemsley is trying to build his own mountain as a permanent monument to his fabulous achievements. It's stretching credibility to suggest it's all there to reduce the noise. I'm sure everything about the noise issue was covered in the original planning application, which didn't require tonnes of earth to be built up three years into the project.

• Like 1