British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

So who is the manager of the team, Glyn,DH or the wife ?

for home meetings it now seems all three.

criticism i am sure they can handle being downright disrespectful to them is another matter a happy team is a winning team expect some losses now.

Who are the riders riding for The promotion or The Supporters?. People are putting a lot of time and effort into travelling to the away meetings to support them!!!!!.

Who are the riders riding for The promotion or The Supporters?. People are putting a lot of time and effort into travelling to the away meetings to support them!!!!!.

should the promotion choose the riders over the fans ? another good question.

to answer yours the riders should ride for the fans as they pay the riders wages but i can see why the riders are very angry as the promotor should NOT enter the pits and humiliate them in public,that should have been behind closed doors.

All i know is the comments posted on here i didnt hear or see anything myself,I have never defended him but also I've never slagged him off,what he does is up to himself.

It's a hard world professional sport and speedway in particular is a tough way to make a living so all credit to the riders,but why should they be immune from criticism in the workplace if it is warranted.

They are not as you say immune but surely like the majority of workplaces this should be done behind closed doors unless like the majority of workplaces the owner wants a grievence or constructive dismissal case to answer to. As Lions Den said it's a shame that what sounds like one of the two best meetings of the season (Ippo being the other) now gets overshadowed by something else. I suppose it's better than moaning about the track.

Before you ask I didn't go and haven't been all season after going to every home (bar two due to hoidays) and some aways.

Edited by bornagainlion

So has glyn taylor got a future as lions team manager if mr & mrs hemsley are sticking their nose into team matters now ?

Edited by robert72

Can someone tell me if Simon Nielsen is any good? What was his form like for the lions and why did they release him?

Can someone tell me if Simon Nielsen is any good? What was his form like for the lions and why did they release him?

Are you asking the Leicester promoter?????.

I felt he was hard done to being dropped as he was just regaining his confidence, after a nasty injury last season, and close to finding consistency.

I have heard that there has been talks today with Nemo to try and clear the air with the riders and try get hm onside. Hopefully it went well and he can call the others to get the team back on track.

I have heard that there has been talks today with Nemo to try and clear the air with the riders and try get hm onside. Hopefully it went well and he can call the others to get the team back on track.

Sounds like the riders are really peed off big time with hemsley,I would like to know glyns views on matters as team manager or is he still team manager as keep hearing different things.

You cannot call him a manager if he does not run the team just a track man really.

Seemed a tidy rider at reserve, looked fairly good on the bike and picked up the odd point in most races (which is all you can ask of a reserve). Not the fasted rider in the world but stayed on the bike and finished races. Was definatly unlucky to loose his place at leicester and would be a good signing for a team.

• Like 1

Would like to know, what is happening outside the stadium. The mud is getting higher and higher. How much more can they get on there. Its getting quite claustrophobic walking upto the stadium

Hope we don't have another wet summer. We could have major mud slides that block the route to the stadium.

Would like to know, what is happening outside the stadium. The mud is getting higher and higher. How much more can they get on there. Its getting quite claustrophobic walking upto the stadium

Hope we don't have another wet summer. We could have major mud slides that block the route to the stadium.

People say the dumping is how DH keeps leicester speedway going ? However i know what you mean it looks a right mess to when it opened.

The earth mounds that are being around the stadium I am told is being done for 3 main reasons them being the earth will be built up to create the track in a bowl which should help with the noise complaints as all noise should then just rise directly up and not out via fences. 2nd the land by the ticket office will be the club house and pavilion with the new toilets and office built this year having the foundations to build on top of. 3. Yes the club do make money with having this earth but also required for reason 1. I asked the question as was worried about the looks and that was the answer I got so at present will see if do as they say. I know they have been having problem with the council with officials there on Saturday looking at noise and other bits I heard were even saying about music being too loud and no hot water in toilets