British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

I agree with you Tina, I guess we would all be losers. But it wouldnt be the fault of those that have been and think it's crap so don't go anymore. That's the point Nobblytriers is trying to make, that if people don't go it will be their fault when it doesn't exist anymore.. Unless the racing improves to something along the lines of what i watched at the last meeting between now and the end of the season then i won't be buying season tickets next year. I already know i definately will not be sponsoring Leicester next year. That's over a grand they won't be getting next year. The loss of that revenue to the owners is due to one thing and one thing only. If that affects the sustainability of Leicester Speedway then there is nothing i can do about it. There is something others could have done about it but not me. If things don't change and if i've lost interest in the fare on offer then using it or losing it makes no difference does it? I'll leave the extra financing required to keep the speedway going to the people who are seem happy watching what's on offer, people like you and Mrcts.

I would guess the point that puts most potential customers off visiting Leicester to watch the speedway is they've likely tried it already and it's generally not up to much, see Bornagainlion or Nightshift and a whole host of others. It's a point Jim the Whipper quite eloquently made re: parallels between Newport and Leicester. Thats the single biggest issue with getting people to BP of a night now, not whether someone is moaning about it on the internet or elsewhere.

First timers will either like it or not. A work colleague has been once and hasn't been again as it's not much fun on your own apparently, Maybe if people see what look like 'newbies' they could be a bit more friendly, I know I do I didn't even realise he had gone I did welcome him to join us but he hasn't taken me up on my offer yet. No mention of racing there but then he doesn't know any of the politics....When Long Eaton rode in the 80's I could take it or leave it it wasn't a must do thing for me even though my husband went every week. I used it as an opportunity to enjoy an evening in on my own. I would go once or twice a season at best as a token gesture. Nothing to do with promotions or racing. It just didn't float my boat. I'm not sure what the answer is to attracting new custom.

There was some questions over a work permit but the UK border agency have let him in the country to ride last week so he may already have one. The question is what his average would be and who he would replace

There was some questions over a work permit but the UK border agency have let him in the country to ride last week so he may already have one. The question is what his average would be and who he would replace

there was a rumor going round that magnus could be dropped and darkin brought in to replace him,that way it could free up a point or two that could be used to get a stronger reserve.

there was a rumor going round that magnus could be dropped and darkin brought in to replace him,that way it could free up a point or two that could be used to get a stronger reserve.

As far as I can see Magnus and Sergei have very similar averages. Darkin's final average was 6.53 so less than half a point currently between them. I think you would need to drop Nieminen for Darkin to create some 'reserve points' so to speak. Something along the lines of what I mentioned in the pride thread. It's a little worrying that if Edberg is out for a while and needs replacing I can't see a decent replacement anywhere (Steve Boxhall being the lowest average rider that i think could do a job as best reserve and his average is so high it would actually put Graversen at reserve).

Mick.

DH talk of going Elite league next season,I seriously fear for the future of speedway in Leicester under his control.

Time he put it up for sale if he really cares about the future of the lions

DH upsetting more people at Leicester on Saturday night

How do you know it was not Mr Darcy upsetting DH? I dont know what went on; do you?

Do you want the long list of the people DH has upset ? It's quite impressive and the lions have not completed 3 seasons yet.

Do you want the long list of the people DH has upset ? It's quite impressive and the lions have not completed 3 seasons yet.

And I wouldn't wonder that some have upset DH as well. You cannot blame anyone unless you clearly know the facts. You should not go by hearsay. No doubt he has upset folk at one time or another.. Have you ever upset someone!!

And I wouldn't wonder that some have upset DH as well. You cannot blame anyone unless you clearly know the facts. You should not go by hearsay. No doubt he has upset folk at one time or another.. Have you ever upset someone!!

he upsets me every time he posts.

• Like 1

what Leicester speedway finished ? That sadly may not be to long

Well lets hope you're correct then you can feel the 'big man'. Your predictions of its demise are strange though as crowds are good but as you say you don't even go then you must be a total expert on the place.

• Like 1

Well lets hope you're correct then you can feel the 'big man'. Your predictions of its demise are strange though as crowds are good but as you say you don't even go then you must be a total expert on the place.

who said I don't go ? I pick my meetings, lets be realistic it can't carry on with a track like that and with lack of equipment to prepare it if what people say is true,also the fall out with sponsors & a promotor quitting,

I want to see Leicester move forward,the only way is if someone new took over as nothing has changed in 3 years